Ronei S Pinto
Affiliation: Porto Alegre
- Short-term strength training improves muscle quality and functional capacity of elderly womenRonei Silveira Pinto
Physical Education School, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Age (Dordr) 36:365-72. 2014..001), and 8 foot up-and-go (r = -0.71, p < 0.001). In conclusion, a ST program of only 6 weeks was sufficient to enhance MQ of the knee extensors in elderly women, which resulted in beneficial changes in functional capacity. ..
- Effect of range of motion on muscle strength and thicknessRonei S Pinto
College of Physical Education, Exercise Research Laboratory, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Strength Cond Res 26:2140-5. 2012..65 ± 4.4% for FULL and 7.83 ± 4.9 for PART). These data suggest that muscle strength and MT can be improved with both FULL and PART resistance training, but FULL may lead to greater strength gains...
- Time course of low- and high-volume strength training on neuromuscular adaptations and muscle quality in older womenRégis Radaelli
Physical Education School, Exercise Research Laboratory LAPEX, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Rua Felizardo, 750 Bairro Jardim Botânico, 90690 200, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Age (Dordr) 36:881-92. 2014..However, high-volume training appears to be more efficient for lower-body muscles after 20 weeks of training. ..
- Dissociated time course of recovery between genders after resistance exerciseDébora F Flores
College of Physical Education, Strength Training Laboratory, University of Brasilia, Brasilia, DF, Brazil
J Strength Cond Res 25:3039-44. 2011..Likewise, both genders experience a different time course of MT response after a traditional resistance exercise protocol. In contrast, men and women develop and dissipate muscle soreness in a similar manner...
- Time course of strength and echo intensity recovery after resistance exercise in womenRégis Radaelli
Exercise Laboratory Research, Physical Education School, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Strength Cond Res 26:2577-84. 2012..Furthermore, the EI appears to be a sensitive and reliable method to assess MD...
- The effects of strength, aerobic, and concurrent exercise on skeletal muscle damage in ratsAnderson Rech
Exercise Research Laboratory, School of Physical Education, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, St Felizardo, 750, LAPEX Building, Porto Alegre, RS, 90690 200, Brazil
Muscle Nerve 50:79-86. 2014..Conclusions: Forty-eight hours was sufficient for complete recovery from oxidative stress and muscle damage in the SE and CE groups, but not in the AE group. Muscle Nerve 50: 79-86, 2014. ..
- Neuromuscular, hormonal, and metabolic responses to different plyometric training volumes in rugby playersEduardo L Cadore
1Exercise Research Laboratory, Physical Education School, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, BRAZIL 2Department of Health Sciences, University of Navarra, Tudela, Spain and 3Department of Physical Education, Federal University of Vale do São Francisco, Petrolina, Brazil
J Strength Cond Res 27:3001-10. 2013..001) after 100, 200, and 300 jumps, with no differences between the exercise volumes. All plyometric exercise volumes (100, 200, and 300 jumps) resulted in similar neuromuscular, metabolic, and hormonal responses...
- Effects of antagonist pre-load on knee extensor isokinetic muscle performanceRodrigo L Carregaro
College of Physical Education, University of Brasilia, Brasilia, Brazil
J Sports Sci 29:271-8. 2011..Results indicate that a reciprocal action protocol provides torque maintenance during multiple sets of isokinetic training, both at slow and high velocities...