Affiliation: Porto Alegre
- When ataxia is not just ataxiaChristian Kieling
Medical Genetics Service, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Rua Ramiro Barcelos, 2350, Porto Alegre, RS, 90 035 903, Brazil
Nat Clin Pract Neurol 3:E2. 2007
- Assessing the quality of a scientific journal: the case of Revista Brasileira de PsiquiatriaChristian Kieling
Medical School, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 29:177-81. 2007....
- Neurobiology of attention deficit hyperactivity disorderChristian Kieling
Department of Psychiatry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Rua Ramiro Barcelos, 2350 2201A 90035 903, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 17:285-307, viii. 2008..Finally, the article addresses the longitudinal course of symptoms in ADHD from infancy to adulthood in an attempt to place biological findings for this complex brain disorder in the context of maturation and development...
- Progression rate of neurological deficits in a 10-year cohort of SCA3 patientsLaura Bannach Jardim
Department of Internal Medicine, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Cerebellum 9:419-28. 2010..005). NESSCA worsened steadily, producing linear trajectories, which were faster among patients with longer expanded repeats (>74) and with lower ages at onset (<34 years)...
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and the dopaminergic hypothesesJulia P Genro
Departamento de Genetica, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Expert Rev Neurother 10:587-601. 2010..We discuss here evidences from animal models, pharmacology, brain imaging and genetics studies...
- A current update on ADHD pharmacogenomicsChristian Kieling
ADHD Program, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Rua Ramiro Barcelos, 2350 2201, Porto Alegre, RS, 90035 003, Brazil
Pharmacogenomics 11:407-19. 2010..At present, additional studies are required to allow for a shift from a trial-and-error approach to a more rational pharmacologic regimen that takes into account the likelihood of treatment effectiveness at the individual level...
- The -1021 C/T DBH polymorphism is associated with neuropsychological performance among children and adolescents with ADHDChristian Kieling
Department of Psychiatry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:485-90. 2008..The refinement of the ADHD phenotype by means of composite measures of EF can contribute to uncover the molecular underpinnings of ADHD...
- Association between DRD4 gene and performance of children with ADHD in a test of sustained attentionChristian Kieling
Department of Psychiatry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Rua Ramiro Barcelos 2350, Porto Alegre 90035 003, RS, Brazil
Biol Psychiatry 60:1163-5. 2006..The adoption of neuropsychological tests as endophenotypic measures can provide an increased sensitivity to specific dimensions of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- A package of interventions to reduce school dropout in public schools in a developing country. A feasibility studyAna Soledade Graeff-Martins
Dept of Psychiatry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Rua Ramiro Barcelos, 2350, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil 90035 003
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 15:442-9. 2006..This study aims to assess the feasibility and initial efficacy of a package of interventions tailored to reduce school dropout in public schools in an urban city in Brazil...
- Analysis of coding-polymorphisms in NOTCH-related genes reveals NUMBL poly-glutamine repeat to be associated with schizophrenia in Brazilian and Danish subjectsSheila Passos Gregorio
Laboratory of Neurosciences LIM 27, Department and Institute of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, and University Department of Psychiatry, H S Frederiksberg Hospital, Denmark
Schizophr Res 88:275-82. 2006..002, x2=9.46, OR=1.46, 95% CI 1.15-1.87) to be associated with schizophrenia. The consistency of this finding in two independent and unrelated populations reinforces the veracity of this association...