Affiliation: Porto Alegre
- [Immunohistochemistry in oligodendrogliomas]Arlete Hilbig
Clinica Medica, UFRGS, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 64:67-71. 2006..Focal areas of neuronal differentiation can also be found in typical OL. The widespread staining with neuronal marker suggests central neurocytoma, but this diagnosis should not be done with small amount of tissue...
- Immunohistochemical evaluation of the microvascular density through the expression of TGF-beta (CD 105/endoglin) and CD 34 receptors and expression of the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in oligodendrogliomasGabriel Corteze Netto
Post graduate Program in Pathology, Fundacao Faculdade Federal de Ciencias Medicas de Porto Alegre FFFCMPA, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Neuropathology 28:17-23. 2008..0032), indicating an increase in the vascular neoformation, something which must be evaluated as a possible prognostic factor in OL. Both TGF-beta and CD105 bring perspectives as "targets" for antiangiogenic treatments in OL...
- Expression of nestin and vimentin in gliomatosis cerebriArlete Hilbig
Department of Morphological Sciences, Fundacao Faculdade Federal de Ciencias Medicas de Porto Alegre, UFRGS, Rua Sarmento Leite 245, 90050 170 Porto Alegre RS, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 64:781-6. 2006..We detected the presence of many positive cells for nestin and vimentin in all studied samples. The presence of these cells may indicate origin of the tumor from undifferentiated cells with a high degree of mobility...
- Immunoexpression of endoglin in brain metastasis secondary to malignant melanoma: evaluation of angiogenesis and comparison with brain metastasis secondary to breast and lung carcinomasKarina B Salgado
Postgraduate Pathology Program, Fundacao Faculdade Federal de Ciencias Medicas de Porto Alegre, Rua Pinheiro Machado 2804 11, Caxias do Sul, RS 95020 172, Brazil
Clin Exp Metastasis 24:403-10. 2007..Such results were not expected to be found in neoplasms such as melanomas that, besides presenting high dissemination capacity, have a high index of hemorrhage secondary to brain metastasis...
- The role of apoptosis, cell proliferation index, bcl-2, and p53 in glioblastoma prognosisMarlise de Castro Ribeiro
Complexo Hospitalar Santa Casa de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 62:262-70. 2004..This finding can demonstrate blc-2 as having a pro-apoptotic role in this group of tumors...