Affiliation: Porto Alegre
- Occult hypoperfusion is associated with increased mortality in hemodynamically stable, high-risk, surgical patientsAndré Meregalli
Central Intensive Care Unit of the Santa Casa Hospital, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Crit Care 8:R60-5. 2004..Our aim was to examine whether serial blood lactate levels could be used as predictors of outcome...
- Clinical review: Hypertonic saline resuscitation in sepsisRoselaine P Oliveira
Department of Critical Care Medicine, Santa Casa Hospital, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegra, Brazil
Crit Care 6:418-23. 2002..The goal of research in this field is to identify reliable therapies to prevent ischemia and inflammation, and to reduce mortality...
- Mechanical ventilation with high tidal volume induces inflammation in patients without lung diseaseRoselaine Pinheiro de Oliveira
Central Intensive Care Unit, Complexo Hospitalar Santa Casa, Rua Prof, Annes Dias, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Crit Care 14:R39. 2010..We compared the effects of a protective versus a conventional ventilatory strategy, on systemic and lung production of tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) and interleukin-8 (IL-8) in patients without lung disease...
- Central venous saturation is a predictor of reintubation in difficult-to-wean patientsCassiano Teixeira
Intensive Care Unit, Moinhos de Vento Hospital, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Crit Care Med 38:491-6. 2010..To evaluate the predictive value of central venous saturation to detect extubation failure in difficult-to-wean patients...
- Comparison of cumulative incidence analysis and Kaplan-Meier for analysis of shock reversal in patients with septic shockRafael Barberena Moraes
Department of Critical Care Medicine, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, 90830 000 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Crit Care 27:317.e7-11. 2012..Furthermore, we have analyzed shock reversal in responders and nonresponders to high-dose cortrosyn test (250 μg)...