Affiliation: Porto Alegre
- Cross-cultural adaptation and validation of the profile of chronic pain: screen for a Brazilian populationWolnei Caumo
Post Graduate Program in Medical Sciences, School of Medicine, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Pain Med 14:52-61. 2013....
- Effects of restraint stress on the daily rhythm of hydrolysis of adenine nucleotides in rat serumAndressa Souza
Laboratório de Cronobiologia Experimental, Departamento de Farmacologia, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, 90050 170, Brazil
J Circadian Rhythms 9:7. 2011..abstract:..
- Effect of pre-operative anxiolysis on postoperative pain response in patients undergoing total abdominal hysterectomyW Caumo
Anaesthesia Service, Hospital de Clinicas de Port Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, UFRGS, Brazil
Anaesthesia 57:740-6. 2002..No difference was found between the groups in morphine consumption, but there was a significant reduction in morphine consumption with time...
- Preoperative predictors of moderate to intense acute postoperative pain in patients undergoing abdominal surgeryW Caumo
Hospital de Clínicas de Porto Alegre and Psychology Institute and Pharmacology Department, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Brazil
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 46:1265-71. 2002....
- Preoperative anxiolytic effect of melatonin and clonidine on postoperative pain and morphine consumption in patients undergoing abdominal hysterectomy: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled studyWolnei Caumo
Anesthesia Service and Perioperative Medicine, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
J Pain 10:100-8. 2009..Also, the anxiolytic effect of melatonin and clonidine resulted in reduced postoperative morphine consumption by more than 30%. However, in the mildly anxious, it was not observed the treatment effect on pain...
- Risk factors for preoperative anxiety in adultsW Caumo
Anesthesia Service, , , Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 45:298-307. 2001..Previous surgery reduced the risk for preoperative anxiety...
- Risk factors for postoperative anxiety in adultsW Caumo
Anaesthesia Service, , Brazil
Anaesthesia 56:720-8. 2001..20). Neural block anaesthesia (OR = 0.72), systemic multimodal analgesia (OR = 0.62) and neuroaxial opioids with or without local anaesthesia (OR = 0.63) were found to be protective factors against postoperative anxiety...
- Pain-autonomic interaction after work-induced sleep restrictionP Schestatsky
Department of Neurology, EMG Unit from Hospital de Clínicas de Porto Alegre HCPA, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Eur J Neurol 20:638-46. 2013..However, there is a lack of studies that address work-associated sleep restriction (SR) and changes in non-nociceptive perception and autonomic responses after work-induced SR...