Affiliation: Porto Alegre
- Melatonin analgesia is associated with improvement of the descending endogenous pain-modulating system in fibromyalgia: a phase II, randomized, double-dummy, controlled trialSimone Azevedo de Zanette
Pain and Palliative Care Service at the Hospital de Clínicas de Porto Alegre HCPA, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Porto Alegre, Brazil
BMC Pharmacol Toxicol 15:40. 2014..We also tested whether melatonin improves the clinical symptoms of pain, pain threshold and sleep quality...
- Higher serum S100B and BDNF levels are correlated with a lower pressure-pain threshold in fibromyalgiaSimone Azevedo Zanette
Post Graduate Program in Medical Sciences, UFRGS, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Mol Pain 10:46. 2014..Linear regression models were used to adjust for potential confounding factors between serum BDNF, S100B and PPT...
- Neurobiological effects of transcranial direct current stimulation: a reviewLiciane Fernandes Medeiros
Post Graduate Program in Biological Sciences, Department of Physiology, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul Porto Alegre, Brazil Pharmacology Department, Institute of Basic Health Science, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul Porto Alegre, Brazil Laboratory of Pain and Neuromodulation, Hospital de Clínicas de Porto Alegre Porto Alegre, Brazil
Front Psychiatry 3:110. 2012..Though these studies provide important advancements toward the understanding of mechanisms underlying tDCS effects, further studies are needed to integrate these mechanisms as to optimize clinical development of tDCS...
- Cross-cultural adaptation and validation of the profile of chronic pain: screen for a Brazilian populationWolnei Caumo
Post Graduate Program in Medical Sciences, School of Medicine, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Pain Med 14:52-61. 2013....
- Effects of restraint stress on the daily rhythm of hydrolysis of adenine nucleotides in rat serumAndressa Souza
Laboratório de Cronobiologia Experimental, Departamento de Farmacologia, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, 90050 170, Brazil
J Circadian Rhythms 9:7. 2011..abstract:..
- Preoperative anxiolytic effect of melatonin and clonidine on postoperative pain and morphine consumption in patients undergoing abdominal hysterectomy: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled studyWolnei Caumo
Anesthesia Service and Perioperative Medicine, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
J Pain 10:100-8. 2009..Also, the anxiolytic effect of melatonin and clonidine resulted in reduced postoperative morphine consumption by more than 30%. However, in the mildly anxious, it was not observed the treatment effect on pain...
- Preoperative predictors of moderate to intense acute postoperative pain in patients undergoing abdominal surgeryW Caumo
Hospital de Clínicas de Porto Alegre and Psychology Institute and Pharmacology Department, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Brazil
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 46:1265-71. 2002....
- Effect of pre-operative anxiolysis on postoperative pain response in patients undergoing total abdominal hysterectomyW Caumo
Anaesthesia Service, Hospital de Clinicas de Port Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, UFRGS, Brazil
Anaesthesia 57:740-6. 2002..No difference was found between the groups in morphine consumption, but there was a significant reduction in morphine consumption with time...
- Risk factors for preoperative anxiety in adultsW Caumo
Anesthesia Service, , , Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 45:298-307. 2001..Previous surgery reduced the risk for preoperative anxiety...
- Risk factors for postoperative anxiety in adultsW Caumo
Anaesthesia Service, , Brazil
Anaesthesia 56:720-8. 2001..20). Neural block anaesthesia (OR = 0.72), systemic multimodal analgesia (OR = 0.62) and neuroaxial opioids with or without local anaesthesia (OR = 0.63) were found to be protective factors against postoperative anxiety...
- Pain-autonomic interaction after work-induced sleep restrictionP Schestatsky
Department of Neurology, EMG Unit from Hospital de Clínicas de Porto Alegre HCPA, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Eur J Neurol 20:638-46. 2013..However, there is a lack of studies that address work-associated sleep restriction (SR) and changes in non-nociceptive perception and autonomic responses after work-induced SR...