Jayme Eduardo Burmeister
Affiliation: Porto Alegre
- Topiramate and severe metabolic acidosis: case reportJayme E Burmeister
Serviços de Clínica Médica e de Nefrologia, Hospital Luterano
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 63:532-4. 2005..Stopping medication was followed by normalization of the acid-base status within five weeks. This infrequent side effect appears unpredictable and should be given careful attention...
- Glucose-added dialysis fluid prevents asymptomatic hypoglycaemia in regular haemodialysisJayme Eduardo Burmeister
Unidade de Medicina Renal, Hospital Universitario, Universidade Luterana do Brasil, R Alvaro Alvim, 400 90420 020, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:1184-9. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the occurrence of HG in diabetic (DM) and non-diabetic (NDM) end-stage renal failure patients during HD using dialytic solution without and with glucose...
- Rosuvastatin in hemodialysis: short-term effects on lipids and C-reactive proteinJayme E Burmeister
Renal Medicine Unit, Medicine School, Universidade Luterana do Brasil ULBRA, Canoas, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
J Nephrol 22:83-9. 2009..Rosuvastatin calcium has not been studied in patients on dialysis to date. We sought to evaluate the results of rosuvastatin therapy regarding lipids, lipoproteins and a marker of inflammation in hemodialysis patients...
- [Effect of different levels of glucose in the dialysate on the risk of hypoglycaemia during hemodialysis in diabetic patients]Jayme Eduardo Burmeister
Departamento de Clinica Medica, Unidade de Medicina Renal, Hospital Universitario, Universidade Luterana do Brasil, Canoas, RS, Brasil
J Bras Nefrol 34:323-7. 2012..With dialysis solutions with glucose 90 mg/dL or more, this is preventable, but diabetic patients could present higher intradialytic glycemias...
- [Prevalence of diabetes mellitus in chronic renal failure patients under haemodialysis in Porto Alegre, Brazil]Jayme Eduardo Burmeister
Departamento de Clinica Medica, Universidade Luterana do Brasil, Bella Vista, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Bras Nefrol 34:117-21. 2012..In Brazil, the available data indicate a lower prevalence, around 27%, even though it is also increasing...