Affiliation: Porto Alegre
- Meyer D, de Andrade P, Durrer A, Andreote F, Corção G, Brandelli A. Bacterial communities involved in sulfur transformations in wastewater treatment plants. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2016;100:10125-10135 pubmed..All these findings can contribute to improve the understanding in relation to the sulfur-oxidizing and sulfate-reducing communities in WWTPs aiming to reduce H2S emissions. ..
- LeÃ£es F, Velho R, Caldas D, Ritter A, Tsai S, Brandelli A. Expression of essential genes for biosynthesis of antimicrobial peptides of Bacillus is modulated by inactivated cells of target microorganisms. Res Microbiol. 2016;167:83-9 pubmed publisher..aureus. An increase in antimicrobial activity was observed, indicating that synthesis of antimicrobial peptides may be induced by target microorganisms. ..
- Veras F, Roggia I, Pranke P, Pereira C, Brandelli A. Inhibition of filamentous fungi by ketoconazole-functionalized electrospun nanofibers. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2016;84:70-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that polycaprolactone nanofibers incorporating ketoconazole may be an interesting alternative to control pathogenic fungi. ..
- Pieniz S, Andreazza R, Mann M, Camargo F, Brandelli A. Bioaccumulation and distribution of selenium in Enterococcus durans. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2017;40:37-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, the isolate E. durans LAB18s can be a promising probiotic to be used as selenium-enriched biomass in feed trials. ..
- Pereira J, Ambrosini A, Passaglia L, Brandelli A. A new cold-adapted serine peptidase from Antarctic Lysobacter sp. A03: Insights about enzyme activity at low temperatures. Int J Biol Macromol. 2017;103:854-862 pubmed publisher..These results provide possible approaches in developing new biotechnologically relevant peptidases active at low to moderate temperatures. ..