G D Pimentel
- β-Hydroxy-β-methylbutyrate (HMβ) supplementation stimulates skeletal muscle hypertrophy in rats via the mTOR pathwayGustavo D Pimentel
Department of Physiology of Nutrition, Federal University of Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, SP Brazil
Nutr Metab (Lond) 8:11. 2011..Expression of the insulin receptor was increased only in liver. Thus, our results suggest that HMβ supplementation can be used to increase muscle mass without adverse health effects...
- Dietary whey protein lessens several risk factors for metabolic diseases: a reviewGabriela T D Sousa
Departamento de Fisiologia e Biofisica, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo USP, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Lipids Health Dis 11:67. 2012..Furthermore, studies have shown that whey protein can also lead to reductions in blood pressure, inflammation, and oxidative stress...
- Gut-central nervous system axis is a target for nutritional therapiesGustavo D Pimentel
Department of Internal Medicine, State University of Campinas, Campinas, Brazil
Nutr J 11:22. 2012..Therefore, this review highlights the relationship between the gut-central nervous system axis and targets for nutritional therapies...
- Intake of trans fatty acids during gestation and lactation leads to hypothalamic inflammation via TLR4/NFκBp65 signaling in adult offspringGustavo D Pimentel
Departamento de Fisiologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
J Nutr Biochem 23:265-71. 2012..In other words, the effect remains after the consumption of the standard chow by offspring...
- Sagital abdominal diameter, but not waist circumference is strongly associated with glycemia, triacilglycerols and HDL-C levels in overweight adultsG D Pimentel
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculdade de Ciências Médicas FCM, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Nutr Hosp 26:1125-9. 2011..To correlate the sagittal abdominal diameter (SAD) and waist circumference (WC) with metabolic syndrome-associated abnormalities in adults...
- Hypothalamic inflammation is reversed by endurance training in anorectic-cachectic ratsFabio S Lira
Cancer Metabolism Research Group, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo USP, Sao Paulo, SP Brazil
Nutr Metab (Lond) 8:60. 2011..abstract:..
- Exercise training improves sleep pattern and metabolic profile in elderly people in a time-dependent mannerFabio S Lira
Departamento de Psicobiologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Brasil
Lipids Health Dis 10:1-6. 2011..Suggesting that this population requires training strategy modifications as to ensure consistent alterations regarding metabolism...
- Acute exhaustive exercise regulates IL-2, IL-4 and MyoD in skeletal muscle but not adipose tissue in ratsJosé C Rosa Neto
Department of Physiology of Nutrition, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Lipids Health Dis 10:97. 2011....
- Endotoxin levels correlate positively with a sedentary lifestyle and negatively with highly trained subjectsFabio S Lira
Department of Physiology, Division of Nutrition Physiology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Lipids Health Dis 9:82. 2010..This study aimed to examine plasma inflammatory markers and endotoxin levels in individuals with a sedentary lifestyle and/or in highly trained subjects at rest...
- Sleep deprivation affects inflammatory marker expression in adipose tissueJosé C Rosa Neto
Departmento de Fisiologia da Nutrição, Universidade Federal de São Paulo UNIFESP São Paulo SP, Brazil
Lipids Health Dis 9:125. 2010..We also assessed lipid profiles and serum levels of corticosterone, leptin, and adiponectin after 96 hours of sleep deprivation...
- Metabolic syndrome in overweight children from the city of Botucatu - São Paulo State - Brazil: agreement among six diagnostic criteriaAna Elisa M Rinaldi
Uberlândia School of Medicine, Nutrition Course, Uberlândia Federal University UFU, Uberlandia, MG, Brazil
Diabetol Metab Syndr 2:39. 2010..The purpose of the study is to evaluate agreement concerning prevalence rates of the metabolic syndrome diagnosed by six different criteria in overweight schoolchildren in the city of Botucatu - SP -Brazil...
- Short-term nutritional counseling reduces body mass index, waist circumference, triceps skinfold and triglycerides in women with metabolic syndromeGustavo D Pimentel
Laboratory of Medical Investigation LIM 18, Endocrinology, School of Medicine USP, , Brazil
Diabetol Metab Syndr 2:13. 2010..CONCLUSION: Short-term nutritional counseling improved some factors of metabolic syndrome. Moreover, the increases in calcium and vitamin D consumption can be associated with the improvement in markers of metabolic syndrome...
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid: good or bad nutrientDaniela C Goncalves
Department of Physiology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Diabetol Metab Syndr 2:62. 2010..However, our results show that, CLA appears to be not a good supplement in patients with cachexia...
- Bioelectric impedance overestimates the body fat in overweight and underestimates in Brazilian obese women: a comparison with Segal equation 1G D Pimentel
Center for Nutritional and Exercise Metabolism CeMENutri, Botucatu Medical School, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Botucatu SP, Brazil
Nutr Hosp 25:741-5. 2010....
- Accuracy of sagittal abdominal diameter as predictor of abdominal fat among Brazilian adults: a comparation with waist circumferenceG Duarte Pimentel
Department of Public Health, Center of Metabolism in Exercise and Nutrition, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
Nutr Hosp 25:656-61. 2010..We aim was to compare the sagittal abdominal diameter (SAD) with waist circumference (WC) as a predictor of central obesity among adults and to identify the sensitivity and specificity of the best cut-off point for SAD...
- Does long-term coffee intake reduce type 2 diabetes mellitus risk?Gustavo D Pimentel
Department of Physiology, Division of Nutrition Physiology, Federal University of Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Diabetol Metab Syndr 1:6. 2009..More population-based surveys are necessary to clarify the long-term effects of decaffeinated and caffeinated coffee intake on the risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus...