- Intoxication by star fruit (Averrhoa carambola) in 32 uraemic patients: treatment and outcomeMiguel Moyses Neto
Nephrology Division of Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:120-5. 2003..The purpose of the present report was to discuss the neurotoxic effects of star fruit intoxication in uraemic patients and to present the efficacy of different therapeutic approaches...
- Acute renal failure and hypercalcemiaMiguel Moyses-Neto
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Ren Fail 28:153-9. 2006..There was an improvement of renal function in all cases as serum calcium levels decreased...
- Elucidating the neurotoxicity of the star fruitNorberto Garcia-Cairasco
Ribeirao Preto School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Av Bandeirantes 3900, 14049 900, Ribeirao Preto, SP Brazil
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 52:13067-70. 2013..Functional experiments in vivo and in vitro point towards the glutamatergic ionotropic molecular actions of caramboxin, which explains its convulsant and neurodegenerative properties. ..
- Membranous glomerulonephritis associated with splenic marginal zone lymphoma mimicking multiple myelomaGyl E B Silva
Renal Pathology and Hematopathology Divisions of the Department of Pathology, Division of Nephrology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo USP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Nephrol 79:488-93. 2013..Clinicians should be aware of the possibility of an underlying hematologic malignancy in such cases, particularly in elderly patients with renal biopsy that shows the presence of atypical histology...
- Renal macrophage infiltration is associated with a poor outcome in IgA nephropathyGyl Eanes Barros Silva
University of Sao Paulo, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, Department of Pathology, Ribeirao Preto SP, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 67:697-703. 2012....
- Convulsant activity and neurochemical alterations induced by a fraction obtained from fruit Averrhoa carambola (Oxalidaceae: Geraniales)Ruither O G Carolino
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Neurochem Int 46:523-31. 2005..This neurotoxic fraction of star fruit may be considered a new tool for neurochemical and neuroethological research...