Genomes and Genes
Ricardo Alberto Moreno
- ESPECTRA: searching the bipolar spectrum in eating disorder patientsRodolfo N Campos
Mood Disorders Unit GRUDA, Department and Institute of Psychiatry, Clinicas Hospital, University of Sao Paulo, School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
BMC Psychiatry 11:59. 2011..Frequent comorbidities with other psychiatric disorders are a major cause of misdiagnosis and warrant thorough evaluation...
- [Anticonvulsants and antipsychotics in the treatment of bipolar disorder]Ricardo Alberto Moreno
GRUDA, Instituto de Psiquiatria, Hospital de Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 26:37-43. 2004..The preliminary data evaluating the efficacy of quetiapine and ziprasidone in bipolar disorder are still very limited. There is no consistent information supporting the prophylactic use of newer antipsychotics...
- Hypericum perforatum versus fluoxetine in the treatment of mild to moderate depression: a randomized double-blind trial in a Brazilian sampleRicardo Alberto Moreno
Institute of Psychiatry, Clinical Hospital, Medical School, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 28:29-32. 2006..We assessed the efficacy and safety of Hypericum perforatum in comparison with fluoxetine, in a 8-week double-blind trial in patients with mild to moderate depression...
- The prevalence of psychopathology in offspring of bipolar women from a Brazilian tertiary centerSandra Petresco
Medical School, Clinical Hospital, Department and Institute of Psychiatry, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 31:240-6. 2009..The objective of this study was to assess the prevalence of psychopathology in offspring of bipolar mothers from Brazil compared with two control groups...
- Personality traits in bipolar disorder type I: a sib-pair analysisKarla Mathias Almeida
Bipolar Disorder Research Program, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Bipolar Disord 13:662-9. 2011....
- Molecular genetic case-control women investigation from the first Brazilian high-risk study on functional psychosisRenata Krelling
Genetics and Pharmacogenetics Programme, Institute and Department of Psychiatry, Medical School, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 30:341-5. 2008....
- Posture and body image in individuals with major depressive disorder: a controlled studyJanette Zamudio Canales
Grupo de Doenças Afetivas, Institute and Department of Psychiatry, Universidade de São Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 32:375-80. 2010..In this study, we aimed to quantify posture and body image in patients with major depressive disorder during episodes and after drug treatment, comparing the results with those obtained for healthy volunteers...
- Reliability and validity of a Brazilian version of the Hypomania Checklist (HCL-32) compared to the Mood Disorder Questionnaire (MDQ)Odeilton Tadeu Soares
Mood Disorders Unit, Department and Institute of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 32:416-23. 2010....
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation accelerates the antidepressant effect of amitriptyline in severe depression: a double-blind placebo-controlled studyDemetrio Ortega Rumi
Institute of Psychiatry, University of Sao Paulo, Faculty of Medicine, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Biol Psychiatry 57:162-6. 2005..Three recent meta analyses strongly suggest its benefits in the treatment of depression. The present study investigates whether repetitive TMS (rTMS) accelerates the onset of action and increases the therapeutic effects of amitriptyline...
- Electroconvulsive therapy in treatment-resistant mania: case reportsMarcia Britto de Macedo Soares
Mood Disorders Unit (GRUDA, Psiquiatric Institute, , Faculty of Medicine,
Rev Hosp Clin Fac Med Sao Paulo 57:31-8. 2002..CONCLUSION: These case reports suggest that Electroconvulsive therapy needs further evaluation for the treatment of resistant bipolar patients...