Augusto César Ferreira de Moraes
- Potential biases in the classification, analysis and interpretations in cross-sectional study: commentaries - surrounding the article "resting heart rate: its correlations and potential for screening metabolic dysfunctions in adolescents"Augusto César Ferreira de Moraes
Department of Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine of the University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
BMC Pediatr 14:117. 2014..Despite suggestive evidence, resting heart rate (RHR) has not been formally explored as a prognostic factor and potential therapeutic outcome and, therefore, is not generally accepted in adolescents...
- The relationship between visceral fat thickness and bone mineral density in sedentary obese children and adolescentsIsmael Forte Freitas Júnior
Department of Physical Education, Unesp Univ Estadual Paulista, Presidente Prudente, Brazil
BMC Pediatr 13:37. 2013..Therefore, this cross-sectional study analyzed the relationship between thickness of abdominal adipose tissue and bone mineral variables in sedentary obese children and adolescents...
- Understanding the correlates of adolescents' dietary intake patterns. A multivariate analysisAugusto César Ferreira de Moraes
School of Medicine of the University of Sao Paulo, Department of Pediatric, Children Institute Rua Abadia dos Dourados, n 307 7, Butanta, 05586 030 São Paulo SP, Brazil
Appetite 58:1057-62. 2012..Adolescents who have healthier eating patterns also had other healthier behaviors regardless of gender. However, factors associated with dietary patterns differ between boys and girls...
- [Prevalence of metabolic syndrome in adolescents: a systematic review]Augusto César Ferreira de Moraes
Departamento de Educacao Fisica, Universidade Estadual de Londrina, Londrina, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 25:1195-202. 2009..In conclusion, although there are few available studies, metabolic syndrome in adolescents is a highly prevalent health issue. The exact prevalence of metabolic syndrome in Brazilian adolescents is unknown...
- Factors associated with medicine use and self medication are different in adolescentsAugusto César Ferreira de Moraes
Children s Institute, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 66:1149-55. 2011....
- Nutrition-related habits and associated factors of Brazilian adolescentsAugusto César Ferreira de Moraes
Post Graduate Program in Science, Children Institute, School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Rua Abadia dos Dourados, n 307 7, Butanta, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Int J Public Health 55:661-7. 2010..To investigate the nutrition-related habits (NRH) of Brazilian adolescents and evaluate the associations with risk factors...
- Prevalence of abdominal obesity in adolescents: a systematic reviewA C F de Moraes
University of São Paulo School of Medicine Children Institute Post Graduate Program in Science, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Obes Rev 12:69-77. 2011....
- Lifestyle factors and socioeconomic variables associated with abdominal obesity in Brazilian adolescentsAugusto César Ferreira de Moraes
Post Graduate Program in Science, Preventive Medicine Department, School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Ann Hum Biol 40:1-8. 2013..Lifestyle variables have a key role in the development of abdominal obesity (AO). The objective of this study was to identify lifestyle factors and socioeconomic variables associated with AO in adolescents...
- [Prevalence of physical inactivity and associated factors in adolescents]Augusto César Ferreira de Moraes
Programa de Pós Graduação em Ciências, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP
Rev Assoc Med Bras 55:523-8. 2009..To estimate the prevalence of physical inactivity among adolescents (14-18 years) in the city of Maringá/PR and to explore its association with demographic, socioeconomic and behavioral, indicators of nutritional status variables...
- Socioeconomic status as determinant of risk factors for overweight in adolescentsRômulo Araújo Fernandes
Departamento de Educacao Fisica, Universidade do Oeste Paulista, Presidente Prudente, SP
Cien Saude Colet 16:4051-7. 2011..To analyze risk factors for overweight among adolescents grouped in three different socioeconomic levels...