Fábio M Montenegro
- Total parathyroidectomy in a large cohort of cases with hyperparathyroidism associated with multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1: experience from a single academic centerFabio Luiz de Menezes Montenegro
Department of Surgery, Head and Neck Surgery Section, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 67:131-9. 2012..Larger comparative systematic studies are needed to define the best surgical approach to hyperparathyroidism/multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1...
- Clinical suspicion and parathyroid carcinoma managementFabio Luiz de Menezes Montenegro
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 124:42-4. 2006..The objective of this paper was to evaluate the role of clinical suspicion in the management of parathyroid carcinoma...
- Successful implant of long-term cryopreserved parathyroid glands after total parathyroidectomyFábio Luiz de Menezes Montenegro
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Head Neck 29:296-300. 2007..Parathyroid cryopreservation is essential in some cases of parathyroid surgery. The fate of autografted tissue after long-term cryopreservation is not fully discussed in the literature...
- Ethanol injection under ultrasound guidance to palliate unresectable parathyroid carcinomaFabio Luiz de Menezes Montenegro
Departamento de Cirurgia, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 52:707-11. 2008..Non-curative resection and pharmacological measures may be useful for palliation in cases with recurrent and metastatic disease. Palliative treatment with intra-neoplastic ethanol injection has not been reported yet...
- Transitory increase in creatinine levels after parathyroidectomy: evidence of another action of the parathyroid glands?Fábio M Montenegro
Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Surgery, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 55:249-55. 2011..Little information is available on glomerular function changes after surgical treatment of primary hyperparathyroidism. The acute effects of some head and neck operations on renal function were studied...