Alisson L Matsuo
- In vitro and in vivo trypanocidal effects of the cyclopalladated compound 7a, a drug candidate for treatment of Chagas' diseaseAlisson L Matsuo
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, SP 04023 062 Brazil
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:3318-25. 2010..The 7a cyclopalladate complex exerts an apoptosis-like death in T. cruzi trypomastigote forms and causes mitochondrion disruption seen by electron microscopy...
- A novel melanoma-targeting peptide screened by phage display exhibits antitumor activityAlisson L Matsuo
Experimental Oncology Unit UNONEX, Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Rua Botucatu 862, oitavo andar, Sao Paulo, São Paulo 04023 062, Brazil
J Mol Med (Berl) 88:1255-64. 2010..This is the first report on a bioactive peptide derived from a C7C library active against whole melanoma cells in vitro and in vivo...
- A new phage-display tumor-homing peptide fused to antiangiogenic peptide generates a novel bioactive molecule with antimelanoma activityAlisson L Matsuo
UNONEX, Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Parasitology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Rua Botucatu 862, 8th Floor, Sao Paulo 04023, SP, Brazil
Mol Cancer Res 9:1471-8. 2011..This is the first report on the synthesis of a tumor-homing peptide coupled to antiangiogenic peptide as a new anticancer therapeutics...
- Identification of human plasma proteins associated with the cell wall of the pathogenic fungus Paracoccidioides brasiliensisLarissa V G Longo
Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
FEMS Microbiol Lett 341:87-95. 2013..Additionally, we observed increased phagocytosis by J774.16 macrophages of Pb3 grown in plasma, suggesting that plasma proteins interacting with P. brasiliensis cell wall might be interfering in the fungal relationship with the host...
- β-Actin-binding complementarity-determining region 2 of variable heavy chain from monoclonal antibody C7 induces apoptosis in several human tumor cells and is protective against metastatic melanomaDenise C Arruda
Experimental Oncology Unit UNONEX, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, São Paulo SP 04023 062, Brazil
J Biol Chem 287:14912-22. 2012..We believe that C7H2 is a promising peptide to be developed as an anticancer drug...
- Characterization of cell wall lipids from the pathogenic phase of Paracoccidioides brasiliensis cultivated in the presence or absence of human plasmaLarissa V G Longo
Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia, Escola Paulista de Medicina Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, EPM UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 8:e63372. 2013..brasiliensis grown in the presence and absence of human plasma. We compared the results from isolates Pb3 and Pb18, which represent different phylogenetic species that evoke distinct patterns of experimental paracoccidioidomycosis...
- Lipidomic analysis of extracellular vesicles from the pathogenic phase of Paracoccidioides brasiliensisMilene C Vallejo
Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 7:e39463. 2012..Fungal extracellular vesicles are able to cross the cell wall and transport molecules that help in nutrient acquisition, cell defense, and modulation of the host defense machinery...
- Vesicle and vesicle-free extracellular proteome of Paracoccidioides brasiliensis: comparative analysis with other pathogenic fungiMilene C Vallejo
Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, UNIFESP, 04023 062 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Proteome Res 11:1676-85. 2012....
- The pathogenic fungus Paracoccidioides brasiliensis exports extracellular vesicles containing highly immunogenic α-Galactosyl epitopesMilene C Vallejo
Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia da Universidade Federal de São Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Eukaryot Cell 10:343-51. 2011..Our findings open new areas to explore in terms of host-parasite relationships in PCM and the role played in vivo by vesicle components and α-galactosyl epitopes...
- A cyclopalladated complex interacts with mitochondrial membrane thiol-groups and induces the apoptotic intrinsic pathway in murine and cisplatin-resistant human tumor cellsFabiana A Serrano
Unidade de Oncologia Experimental, Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
BMC Cancer 11:296. 2011..Presently, we investigated the melanoma cell killing mechanism induced by C7a, and extended preclinical studies...
- FTY720 induces apoptosis in B16F10-NEX2 murine melanoma cells, limits metastatic development in vivo, and modulates the immune systemFelipe V Pereira
Laboratório de Imunobiologia do Câncer, Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia, Escola Paulista de Medicina EPM UNIFESP, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 68:1018-27. 2013..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of FTY720 on a metastatic melanoma model and in tumor cell lines...
- Chemical composition and cytotoxicity evaluation of essential oil from leaves of Casearia sylvestris, its main compound α-zingiberene and derivativesDiego Dinis Bou
Instituto de Ciências Ambientais, Químicas e Farmacêuticas, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Diadema 09972 270 SP, Brazil
Molecules 18:9477-87. 2013..These results indicate that cytotoxic activity is related with the state of oxidation of compound...
- Jacaranone induces apoptosis in melanoma cells via ROS-mediated downregulation of Akt and p38 MAPK activation and displays antitumor activity in vivoMariana H Massaoka
Unidade de Oncologia Experimental, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 7:e38698. 2012..The purified substance is active at micromolar concentrations, is not hemolytic, and is not toxic in naïve mice...
- S-nitrosoglutathione and endothelial nitric oxide synthase-derived nitric oxide regulate compartmentalized ras S-nitrosylation and stimulate cell proliferationWagner L Batista
Department of Biological Sciences, Universidade Federal de São Paulo Campus Diadema, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Antioxid Redox Signal 18:221-38. 2013..S-nitrosylation of Cys118 is a redox-based mechanism for Ras activation mediated by nitric oxide (NO) at the plasma membrane...
- Chemical constituents and cytotoxic evaluation of essential oils from leaves of Porcelia macrocarpa (Annonaceae)Erica Biolcati P da Silva
Instituto de Ciências Ambientais, Químicas e Farmacêuticas, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, 09972 270 Diadema, SP, Brazil
Nat Prod Commun 8:277-9. 2013..These results suggested that the crudeoils and their components, mainly germacrene D, could be used as prototypes for the development of new anti-cancer agents for the treatment of human leukemia...
- C-Npys (S-3-nitro-2-pyridinesulfenyl) and peptide derivatives can inhibit a serine-thiol proteinase activity from Paracoccidioides brasiliensisAlisson L Matsuo
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology, Cell Biology Division, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP 04023 062, Brazil
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 355:1000-5. 2007..Inhibition was completely reverted with dithioerythritol, indicating that it was due to the reactivity of the C(Npys) moiety with a free SH- group...
- Essential oils from Schinus terebinthifolius leaves - chemical composition and in vitro cytotoxicity evaluationJeferson S Santana
Instituto de Ciências Ambientais, Químicas e Farmacêuticas, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Campus Diadema, Brazil
Pharm Biol 50:1248-53. 2012..In folk medicine, Schinus terebinthifolius Raddi (Anacardiaceae), has been used as a remedy for ulcers, respiratory problems, wounds, rheumatism, gout, diarrhea, skin ailments and arthritis, as well as to treat tumors and leprosy...
- α-Pinene isolated from Schinus terebinthifolius Raddi (Anacardiaceae) induces apoptosis and confers antimetastatic protection in a melanoma modelAlisson L Matsuo
Disciplina de Biologia Celular, Departamento de Micro, Imuno e Parasitologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Campus Sao Paulo, Brazil
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 411:449-54. 2011..This is the first report on the apoptotic and antimetastatic activity of isolated α-pinene...
- The PbMDJ1 gene belongs to a conserved MDJ1/LON locus in thermodimorphic pathogenic fungi and encodes a heat shock protein that localizes to both the mitochondria and cell wall of Paracoccidioides brasiliensisWagner L Batista
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitilogy, Federal University of Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Eukaryot Cell 5:379-90. 2006..This is the first time a DnaJ member has been observed on the cell surface, where its function is speculative...