E D Matos
- Nontuberculosis mycobacteria at a multiresistant tuberculosis reference center in Bahia: clinical epidemiological aspectsEliana Dias Matos
Octávio Mangabeira Specialized Hospital, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 8:296-304. 2004....
- Association between serum albumin levels and in-hospital deaths due to tuberculosisE D Matos
Octávio Mangabeira Hospital, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 10:1360-6. 2006..A tuberculosis (TB) referral hospital in the state of Bahia, north-eastern Brazil...
- Prevalence of HIV infection in patients hospitalized for tuberculosis in Bahia, BrazilEliana Dias Matos
Octávio Mangabeira Reference Hospital, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 11:208-11. 2007..9-fold) in the HIV-positive group. These findings justify carrying out HIV testing, as recommended by the Brazilian Ministry of Health, in all TB patients, particularly those requiring hospitalization...
- Anti-tuberculosis drug resistance in strains of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolated from patients in a tertiary hospital in BahiaEliana Dias Matos
Octávio Mangabeira Hospital, Salvador, Bahia
Braz J Infect Dis 11:331-8. 2007..This finding was strongly associated with having abandoned treatment, and confirmed the need to standardize the procedure for requesting sensitivity tests in this population at the time of hospital admission...
- Electrocardiographic alterations in patients hospitalized with leptospirosis in the Brazilian city of SalvadorEdilson Sacramento
Hospital Universitario Professor Edgard Santos, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Brazil
Arq Bras Cardiol 78:267-70. 2002..To report the frequency and types of electrocardiographic alterations in patients with leptospirosis in the first 24 hours of hospitalization...
- Prevalence of active and latent TB among inmates in a prison hospital in Bahia, BrazilAntonio Carlos Moreira Lemos
Octávio Mangabeira Specialized Hospital, Bahia State Health Department, Salvador, Brazil
J Bras Pneumol 35:63-8. 2009..To determine the prevalence of latent and active TB among detainees in a prison hospital in Bahia, Brazil...
- Penicillin at the late stage of leptospirosis: a randomized controlled trialEveraldo Costa
Escola Bahiana de Medicina e Saude Publica, Salvador, BA, Brasil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 45:141-5. 2003..Therefore, more attention should be directed to prevention and earlier initiation of the treatment of leptospirosis...
- Paragonimiasis: first case reported in BrazilAntonio Carlos Moreira Lemos
Octávio Mangabeira Hospital, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 11:153-6. 2007..However, there is the need of an accurate examination for the possibility of paragonimus specimens in this area of Brazil...
- Infection with the Mycobacterium avium complex in patients without predisposing conditions: a case report and literature reviewAndrea Barral Martins
Pneumologist Resident, University Hospital Professor Edgar Santos
Braz J Infect Dis 9:173-9. 2005..It is necessary to identify the type of mycobacteria in immunocompetent individuals with positive AFB smears that do not become negative with tuberculosis treatment...