José Antonio M Marcondes
- [Falsely elevated testosterone in a type 1 diabetes patients with acne and chronic renal failure on dialysis]José Antonio Miguel Marcondes
Serviço de Endocrinologia do Hospital das Clínicas de São Paulo, Brasil
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 56:319-23. 2012....
- [Hirsutism: differential diagnosis]José Antonio M Marcondes
Serviço de Endocrinologia e Metabologia, HCFMUSP, Sao Paulo, SP
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 50:1108-16. 2006..Although the promoter region had not been studied, we can consider that this diagnosis was excluded through the sequencing of CYP21A2 gene, since mutation on the promoter region is a rare event...
- Metformin in normal-weight hirsute women with polycystic ovary syndrome with normal insulin sensitivityJosé A M Marcondes
Endocrinology Unit, Hospital das Clinicas, University of São Paulo Medical School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Gynecol Endocrinol 23:273-8. 2007..05 +/- 1.53 to 5.96 +/- 2.13 IU/ml), were observed at the end of the treatment period. A higher LH and a lower FSH predicted clinical improvement, while basal insulin and AUC(insulin) showed lower predictive value...
- Metabolic syndrome in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: prevalence, characteristics and predictorsJosé Antonio M Marcondes
Endocrine Unit, Hospital das Clinicas de Sao Paulo, SP
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 51:972-9. 2007..6 +/- 4.7; p = 0.004) in women with metabolic syndrome (p = 0.031 and p < 0.001, respectively). The best predictors of metabolic syndrome were waist circumference > 88 cm, HDL-cholesterol < 50 mg/dL and triglycerides >or= 150 mg/dL...
- Ovarian hyperthecosis in the context of an adrenal incidentaloma in a postmenopausal womanJosé A M Marcondes
Endocrine Unit, Hospital das Clinicas de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 52:1184-8. 2008..No hilar cell hyperplasia was seen. In conclusion, the presence of an adrenal mass in a hirsute woman can lead to a wrong diagnosis. In this case the suppression GnRHa test was fundamental to determine the origin of hyperandrogenemia...
- [Difficulties and pitfalls in the diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome]José Antonio Miguel Marcondes
Servico de Endocrinologia, Hospital das Clinicas de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 55:6-15. 2011....
- Metformin versus lifestyle changes in treating women with polycystic ovary syndromeDaniella D G Curi
Department of Gynecology, Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Gynecol Endocrinol 28:182-5. 2012..To compare the efficacy of metformin with that of lifestyle changes in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)...