Vivian C Luft
- Role of enteral nutrition in the incidence of diarrhea among hospitalized adult patientsVivian Cristine Luft
Post Graduate Program in Epidemiology, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Nutrition 24:528-35. 2008..This study examined the risk of diarrhea as a result of providing enteral nutrition in the hospital setting, adjusting for other clinical and therapeutic factors...
- Chronic inflammation role in the obesity-diabetes association: a case-cohort studyVivian C Luft
Graduate Studies Program in Epidemiology, School of Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Diabetol Metab Syndr 5:31. 2013..Chronic inflammation is related to both obesity and diabetes. Our aim was to investigate to what extent this inflammation contributes to the association between obesity and diabetes...
- Validation of a new method developed to measure the height of adult patients in bedVivian C Luft
Postgraduate Program in Epidemiology at the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Nutr Clin Pract 23:424-8. 2008..We present the performance of a new instrument developed to measure the height of patients in bed (Luft Ruler)...
- Prevalence of use and potential impact of increased use of primary care interventions to prevent cardiovascular hospitalizations in patients with diabetesVivian Cristine Luft
Graduate Studies Program in Epidemiology, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Ramiro Barcelos, 2400, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 85:328-34. 2009..To estimate the reduction in hospitalizations due to cardiovascular complications of diabetes which could result from greater use of interventions of known effectiveness in a primary health care setting...
- Dipeptidyl peptidase IV and incident diabetes: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) studyVivian C Luft
Graduate Studies Program in Epidemiology, School of Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grandedo Sul, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Diabetes Care 33:1109-11. 2010..Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV) is not only important in beta-cell function but also has proinflammatory actions. We aimed to investigate whether it could act as a link between low-grade chronic inflammation and diabetes...
- [Individual outpatient care versus group education programs. Which leads to greater change in dietary and physical activity habits for obese children?]Elza D de Mello
Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Porto Alegre, RS
J Pediatr (Rio J) 80:468-74. 2004..To compare two strategies for childhood obesity management: ambulatory assistance (individual) and educational program (in group)...