- Validation of the Portuguese Version of the Functional Assessment of Chronic Illness Therapy-Spiritual Well-Being Scale (FACIT-Sp 12) Among Brazilian Psychiatric InpatientsGiancarlo Lucchetti
Federal University of Juiz de Fora, Av Eugênio do Nascimento s nº Dom Bosco, Juiz de Fora, MG, CEP 36038 330, Brazil
J Relig Health 54:112-21. 2015..The availability of a brief and broad measure of spiritual well-being can help the study of spirituality and its influence on health by researchers from countries that speak the Portuguese language. ..
- Medical students and controversial ethical issues: results from the multicenter study SBRAMEGiancarlo Lucchetti
Department of Medicine, Federal University of Juiz de Fora, Juiz de Fora, Brazil
BMC Med Ethics 15:85. 2014..Medical students(MS) will face ethical issues throughout their lives as doctors. The present study aims to investigate medical students' opinions on controversial ethical issues and factors associated with these opinions...
- Complementary spiritist therapy: systematic review of scientific evidenceGiancarlo Lucchetti
Research Department, São Paulo Medical Spiritist Association, Avenida Juriti 367 SP Apto 131, 04520 000 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2011:835945. 2011..Further studies in this field could contribute to the disciplines of Complementary and Alternative Medicine by investigating the relationship between body, mind, and soul/spirit...
- Religiousness, health, and depression in older adults from a brazilian military settingGiancarlo Lucchetti
Research Department, São Paulo Medical Spiritist Association, 04520 000 São Paulo, SP, Brazil Department of Geriatrics, São Paulo Air Force Hospital, 02012 021 São Paulo, SP, Brazil Research Department, João Evangelista Hospital, 02340 000 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
ISRN Psychiatry 2012:940747. 2012..Religiousness seems to play a role in depression, smoking, and hospitalization in older adults from a Brazilian outpatient setting. Self-reported religiousness was associated with more health characteristics than religious attendance...
- Historical and cultural aspects of the pineal gland: comparison between the theories provided by Spiritism in the 1940s and the current scientific evidenceGiancarlo Lucchetti
Federal University of Juiz de Fora, Brazil, Brazil
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 34:745-55. 2013..The process of formulating hypotheses and scientific theories can benefit by drawing on the cultural aspects of civilization, taking into account so-called non-traditional reports and theories. ..
- Medical students, spirituality and religiosity--results from the multicenter study SBRAMEGiancarlo Lucchetti
Federal University of Juiz de Fora, Juiz de Fora, Brazil
BMC Med Educ 13:162. 2013..To evaluate the relationship between spirituality/religiosity (S/R) and the attitudes, beliefs and experiences of medical students in Brazil with respect to S/R in their undergraduate training and clinical practice...
- Effect of Spiritist "passe" (Spiritual healing) on growth of bacterial culturesGiancarlo Lucchetti
Federal University of Juiz de Fora, Brazil São Paulo Medical Spiritist Association, Brazil Santa Casa of São Paulo, Brazil João Evangelista Hospital, Brazil Electronic address
Complement Ther Med 21:627-32. 2013....
- Rare medical conditions and suggestive past-life memories: a case report and literature reviewGiancarlo Lucchetti
Federal University of Juiz de Fora, Juiz de Fora, Brazil São Paulo Medical Spiritist Association, Sao Paulo, Brazil Electronic address
Explore (NY) 9:372-6. 2013..In this article, the authors highlight possible explanations, rarity of findings, and similarities/differences from previous cases and potential pitfalls in this area. ..
- Exploring the acceptance of religious assistance among patients of a psychiatric hospitalGiancarlo Lucchetti
João Evangelista Hospital, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Soc Psychiatry 59:311-7. 2013..Spiritual issues are rarely addressed by psychiatric institutions in daily routine practice...
- Measuring spirituality and religiosity in clinical research: a systematic review of instruments available in the Portuguese languageGiancarlo Lucchetti
Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora UFJF, Juiz de Fora, Minas Gerais, Hospital João Evangelista and Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de São Paulo FMUSP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 131:112-22. 2013..The aim of the present study was to map out the S/R scales available for research in the Portuguese language...
- Taking spiritual history in clinical practice: a systematic review of instrumentsGiancarlo Lucchetti
Federal University of Juiz de Fora, Juiz de Fora, Brazil
Explore (NY) 9:159-70. 2013..However, in only a few studies have authors compared these instruments. The aim of this study was to compare the most commonly used instruments for taking a spiritual history in a clinical setting...
- Generalized anxiety disorder, subthreshold anxiety and anxiety symptoms in primary headacheGiancarlo Lucchetti
Department of Neurology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 67:41-9. 2013..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the association between generalized anxiety disorder, subthreshold anxiety (SubAnx) and anxiety symptoms in the prevalence of primary headache...
- Spirituality and health in the curricula of medical schools in BrazilGiancarlo Lucchetti
São Paulo Medical Spiritist Association, Av Juriti 367, Apto 131, Moema, Sao Paulo, SP, CEP 04520 000, Brazil
BMC Med Educ 12:78. 2012..The present study seeks to investigate the current status of teaching on S/H in Brazilian medical schools...
- Validation of the Duke Religion Index: DUREL (Portuguese version)Giancarlo Lucchetti
São Paulo Medical Spiritist Association, Av Juriti, 367 apto 131, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, 04520 000, Brazil
J Relig Health 51:579-86. 2012..PDUREL is a reliable and valid scale. The availability of a comprehensive, but brief measure of religiousness can help to study the role of religiousness in health by researchers from countries that speak the Portuguese language...
- Religiosity and tobacco and alcohol use in a Brazilian shantytownGiancarlo Lucchetti
São Paulo Medical Spiritist Association, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Subst Use Misuse 47:837-46. 2012..Religiosity plays an important role in the control of alcohol and tobacco use in a shantytown setting; further management initiatives in the area should consider this issue. The study's limitations are noted...
- Religiousness, mental health, and quality of life in Brazilian dialysis patientsGiancarlo Lucchetti
Research Department, São Paulo Medical Spiritist Association, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hemodial Int 16:89-94. 2012..Religiousness is associated with less depressive symptoms and better quality of life in Brazilian dialysis patients. Nephrologists should evaluate the patient's spirituality and religion in order to provide more integrative care...
- Spiritist psychiatric hospitals in Brazil: integration of conventional psychiatric treatment and spiritual complementary therapyGiancarlo Lucchetti
João Evangelista Hospital, Avenida Nova Cantareira, 3050, Sao Paulo, SP 02340 000, Brazil
Cult Med Psychiatry 36:124-35. 2012..The lack of standardized treatment protocols and scientific studies remain a barrier to assessing the impact of this integrative approach on patients' mental health, quality of life, adherence, and perceived quality of treatment...
- Spirituality in medical education: global reality?Giancarlo Lucchetti
São Paulo Medical Spiritist Association, Av Juriti 367, Moema, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Relig Health 51:3-19. 2012..New studies outside North America are needed in order to address what is being taught, whether courses are evaluated and what is the student and faculty opinions regarding this educational topic in multiple cultures...
- Use of comprehensive geriatric assessment in general practice: results from the 'Senta Pua' project in BrazilGiancarlo Lucchetti
Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Eur J Gen Pract 17:20-7. 2011..Being aware of the needs of older adults is important for these professionals. A comprehensive geriatric assessment (CGA) is an important tool for assessing the elderly...
- Religiousness affects mental health, pain and quality of life in older people in an outpatient rehabilitation settingGiancarlo Lucchetti
São Paulo Medical Spiritist Association, Brazil and Service of Geriatrics, Santa Casa of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Rehabil Med 43:316-22. 2011..To evaluate the relationship between religiousness and mental health, hospitalization, pain, disability and quality of life in older adults from an outpatient rehabilitation setting in Sao Paulo, Brazil...
- Bilateral papillary muscle infarction in a chagasic patientGiancarlo Lucchetti
Clínica Cardiológica do Departamento de Medicina da Irmandade da Santa Casa de Misericórdia de São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Rev Port Cardiol 28:1441-7. 2009....
- The prevalence of migraine and probable migraine in a Brazilian favela: results of a community surveyGiancarlo Lucchetti
Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Headache 51:971-9. 2011..The objectives of the present study were to estimate the 1-year prevalence of primary headaches and the role of select socio-demographic aspects in a representative sample of adults living in a Brazilian shanty town...
- [Spirituality for dialysis patients: should the nephrologist address?]Giancarlo Lucchetti
Geriatric Sector of Santa Casa de São Paulo and Research Nucleus of the Medical Spiritist Association of São Paulo, city of São Paulo, Brazil
J Bras Nefrol 32:126-30. 2010....
- Beers-Fick criteria and drugs available through the Farmácia Dose Certa programGiancarlo Lucchetti
Geriatrics and Gerontology Sector, Santa Casa de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 129:17-22. 2011..Elderly people receiving care deserve special attention regarding drugs that are appropriate for their age group. The objective was to assess the drugs in the program considered to be inappropriate for the elderly...
- Impact of spirituality/religiosity on mortality: comparison with other health interventionsGiancarlo Lucchetti
São Paulo Medical Spiritist Association, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Explore (NY) 7:234-8. 2011..These results suggest that S/R plays a considerable role in mortality rate reductions, comparable to fruit and vegetable consumption and statin therapy...
- New daily persistent headache and panic disorderMario F P Peres
Albert Einstein Hospital, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cephalalgia 31:250-3. 2011..Migraine has been linked to comorbid psychiatric conditions, mainly mood and anxiety disorders, but NDPH has never been linked to psychiatric conditions, and never studied extensively for such an association...
- Anxiety and fear-avoidance in musculoskeletal painGiancarlo Lucchetti
Federal University of Sao Paulo, UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Curr Pain Headache Rep 16:399-406. 2012..The recognition of this association is important for professionals who deal with chronic pain...
- Clinical implications of spirituality to mental health: review of evidence and practical guidelinesAlexander Moreira-Almeida
Research Center in Spirituality and Health NUPES, School of Medicine, Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora UFJF, Juiz de Fora, MG, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 36:176-82. 2014..This paper reviews the current state of the evidence and provides evidence-based guidelines for spiritual assessment and for integration of R/S into mental health treatment...
- Coping strategies in chronic painMario F P Peres
Instituto Israelita de Ensino e Pesquisa, Albert Einstein Hospital, Alameda Joaquim Eugênio de Lima, and Department of Neurology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, 881, Sao Paulo, SP, 01403 001, Brazil
Curr Pain Headache Rep 14:331-8. 2010....
- Knowledge and attitudes of nursing professors and students concerning the interface between spirituality, religiosity and healthClaudia de Souza Tomasso
Universidade Nove de Julho, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Lat Am Enfermagem 19:1205-13. 2011..The most common barriers to addressing such a subject were: fear of imposing one's own beliefs, lack of time, and fear of offending patients...
- Spirituality, religion, and health: over the last 15 years of field research (1999-2013)Giancarlo Lucchetti
Federal University of Juiz de Fora, Brazil Brazilian Medical Spiritist Association, Brazil
Int J Psychiatry Med 48:199-215. 2014..The present study aims to analyze the last 15 years of research in the field of spirituality and religiousness (S/R) through a bibliometric analysis...
- [Severe hypertriglyceridemia in diabetic ketoacidosis: case report]Giancarlo Lucchetti
Centro de Terapia Intensiva, Hospital de Aeronáutica de São Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 53:880-3. 2009..Diabetic ketoacidosis is a recurrent problem in the emergency room that requires prompt and effective treatment. Usually, it may be associated with an increase in triglyceride levels, exposing the patient to the risk of pancreatitis...