- Generalized anxiety disorder, subthreshold anxiety and anxiety symptoms in primary headacheGiancarlo Lucchetti
Department of Neurology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 67:41-9. 2013..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the association between generalized anxiety disorder, subthreshold anxiety (SubAnx) and anxiety symptoms in the prevalence of primary headache...
- Spirituality and health in the curricula of medical schools in BrazilGiancarlo Lucchetti
São Paulo Medical Spiritist Association, Av Juriti 367, Apto 131, Moema, Sao Paulo, SP, CEP 04520 000, Brazil
BMC Med Educ 12:78. 2012..The present study seeks to investigate the current status of teaching on S/H in Brazilian medical schools...
- Validation of the Duke Religion Index: DUREL (Portuguese version)Giancarlo Lucchetti
São Paulo Medical Spiritist Association, Av Juriti, 367 apto 131, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, 04520 000, Brazil
J Relig Health 51:579-86. 2012..PDUREL is a reliable and valid scale. The availability of a comprehensive, but brief measure of religiousness can help to study the role of religiousness in health by researchers from countries that speak the Portuguese language...
- Religiosity and tobacco and alcohol use in a Brazilian shantytownGiancarlo Lucchetti
São Paulo Medical Spiritist Association, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Subst Use Misuse 47:837-46. 2012..Religiosity plays an important role in the control of alcohol and tobacco use in a shantytown setting; further management initiatives in the area should consider this issue. The study's limitations are noted...
- Religiousness, mental health, and quality of life in Brazilian dialysis patientsGiancarlo Lucchetti
Research Department, São Paulo Medical Spiritist Association, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hemodial Int 16:89-94. 2012..Religiousness is associated with less depressive symptoms and better quality of life in Brazilian dialysis patients. Nephrologists should evaluate the patient's spirituality and religion in order to provide more integrative care...
- Spirituality in medical education: global reality?Giancarlo Lucchetti
São Paulo Medical Spiritist Association, Av Juriti 367, Moema, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Relig Health 51:3-19. 2012..New studies outside North America are needed in order to address what is being taught, whether courses are evaluated and what is the student and faculty opinions regarding this educational topic in multiple cultures...
- Spiritist psychiatric hospitals in Brazil: integration of conventional psychiatric treatment and spiritual complementary therapyGiancarlo Lucchetti
João Evangelista Hospital, Avenida Nova Cantareira, 3050, Sao Paulo, SP 02340 000, Brazil
Cult Med Psychiatry 36:124-35. 2012..The lack of standardized treatment protocols and scientific studies remain a barrier to assessing the impact of this integrative approach on patients' mental health, quality of life, adherence, and perceived quality of treatment...
- Impact of spirituality/religiosity on mortality: comparison with other health interventionsGiancarlo Lucchetti
São Paulo Medical Spiritist Association, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Explore (NY) 7:234-8. 2011..These results suggest that S/R plays a considerable role in mortality rate reductions, comparable to fruit and vegetable consumption and statin therapy...
- The prevalence of migraine and probable migraine in a Brazilian favela: results of a community surveyGiancarlo Lucchetti
Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Headache 51:971-9. 2011..The objectives of the present study were to estimate the 1-year prevalence of primary headaches and the role of select socio-demographic aspects in a representative sample of adults living in a Brazilian shanty town...
- [Spirituality for dialysis patients: should the nephrologist address?]Giancarlo Lucchetti
Geriatric Sector of Santa Casa de São Paulo and Research Nucleus of the Medical Spiritist Association of São Paulo, city of São Paulo, Brazil
J Bras Nefrol 32:126-30. 2010....
- Beers-Fick criteria and drugs available through the Farmácia Dose Certa programGiancarlo Lucchetti
Geriatrics and Gerontology Sector, Santa Casa de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 129:17-22. 2011..Elderly people receiving care deserve special attention regarding drugs that are appropriate for their age group. The objective was to assess the drugs in the program considered to be inappropriate for the elderly...
- Religiousness affects mental health, pain and quality of life in older people in an outpatient rehabilitation settingGiancarlo Lucchetti
São Paulo Medical Spiritist Association, Brazil and Service of Geriatrics, Santa Casa of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Rehabil Med 43:316-22. 2011..To evaluate the relationship between religiousness and mental health, hospitalization, pain, disability and quality of life in older adults from an outpatient rehabilitation setting in Sao Paulo, Brazil...
- Use of comprehensive geriatric assessment in general practice: results from the 'Senta Pua' project in BrazilGiancarlo Lucchetti
Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Eur J Gen Pract 17:20-7. 2011..Being aware of the needs of older adults is important for these professionals. A comprehensive geriatric assessment (CGA) is an important tool for assessing the elderly...
- Bilateral papillary muscle infarction in a chagasic patientGiancarlo Lucchetti
Clínica Cardiológica do Departamento de Medicina da Irmandade da Santa Casa de Misericórdia de São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Rev Port Cardiol 28:1441-7. 2009....
- New daily persistent headache and panic disorderMario F P Peres
Albert Einstein Hospital, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cephalalgia 31:250-3. 2011..Migraine has been linked to comorbid psychiatric conditions, mainly mood and anxiety disorders, but NDPH has never been linked to psychiatric conditions, and never studied extensively for such an association...
- Coping strategies in chronic painMario F P Peres
Instituto Israelita de Ensino e Pesquisa, Albert Einstein Hospital, Alameda Joaquim Eugênio de Lima, and Department of Neurology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, 881, Sao Paulo, SP, 01403 001, Brazil
Curr Pain Headache Rep 14:331-8. 2010....
- Knowledge and attitudes of nursing professors and students concerning the interface between spirituality, religiosity and healthClaudia de Souza Tomasso
Universidade Nove de Julho, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Lat Am Enfermagem 19:1205-13. 2011..The most common barriers to addressing such a subject were: fear of imposing one's own beliefs, lack of time, and fear of offending patients...
- [Severe hypertriglyceridemia in diabetic ketoacidosis: case report]Giancarlo Lucchetti
Centro de Terapia Intensiva, Hospital de Aeronáutica de São Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 53:880-3. 2009..Diabetic ketoacidosis is a recurrent problem in the emergency room that requires prompt and effective treatment. Usually, it may be associated with an increase in triglyceride levels, exposing the patient to the risk of pancreatitis...