- Balanoposthitis caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa co-producing metallo-beta-lactamase and 16S rRNA methylase in children with hematological malignanciesNilton Lincopan
Department of Microbiology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Infect Dis 14:e344-7. 2010..Furthermore, co-production of metallo-beta-lactamase and 16S rRNA methylase has a potential impact on the empirical management of complicated infections caused by P. aeruginosa...
- First isolation of metallo-beta-lactamase-producing multiresistant Klebsiella pneumoniae from a patient in BrazilNilton Lincopan
Departamento de Analises Clinicas, Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Avenida Professor Lineu Prestes 580, Butanta, CEP 05508 900, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
J Clin Microbiol 43:516-9. 2005..We here report, for the first time, the detection of a metalloenzyme (IMP-1)-producing K. pneumoniae clinical strain in Latin America. The gene responsible for this phenotype was found to be bla(IMP-1), carried in a class 1 integron...
- Silica-based cationic bilayers as immunoadjuvantsNilton Lincopan
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Caixa Postal 26077, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
BMC Biotechnol 9:5. 2009....
- Low nephrotoxicity of an effective amphotericin B formulation with cationic bilayer fragmentsNilton Lincopan
Departamento de Analises Clinicas, Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, CP 66083, Avenida Lineu Prestes 580 Butantã, CEP 05315 970, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Antimicrob Chemother 55:727-34. 2005..Evaluation of nephrotoxicity of a novel amphotericin B (AMB) formulation with dioctadecyldimethylammonium bromide (DODAB) bilayer fragments (DOD/AMB)...
- Novel immunoadjuvants based on cationic lipid: Preparation, characterization and activity in vivoNilton Lincopan
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Caixa Postal 26077, 05513 970 Sao Paulo, Brazil
Vaccine 27:5760-71. 2009..The novel cationic adjuvant/protein complexes revealed good colloid stability and potential for vaccine design at a reduced DODAB concentration...
- Lipid-covered drug particles: combined action of dioctadecyldimethylammonium bromide and amphotericin B or miconazoleNilton Lincopan
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de São Paulo CP 26077, Avenida Lineu Prestes 748 Butantã, CEP 05513 970, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
J Antimicrob Chemother 58:66-75. 2006..Coverage of antifungal drug particles (miconazole and amphotericin B) with cationic lipid and evaluation of a synergistic action between lipid and drug...
- Toxicity of an effective amphotericin B formulation at high cationic lipid to drug molar ratioNilton Lincopan
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, CP 26077, Avenida Lineu Prestes 748 Butantã, CEP 05513 970 Sao Paulo, Brazil
Exp Toxicol Pathol 58:175-83. 2006..The majority of the toxic effects observed for the novel formulation were due to the DODAB carrier used at 10mg/mL, i.e., at a rather high concentration and further studies should minimize DODAB dose...
- Extended-spectrum beta-lactamases among Enterobacteriaceae isolated in a public hospital in BrazilMilena Dropa
Public Health Laboratory, School of Public Health, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 51:203-9. 2009..pneumoniae in some hospital wards, and also that some strongly related strains were identified in different hospital wards, suggesting clonal spread in the institutional environment...
- Cytotoxicity of cashew flavonoids towards malignant cell linesNzi André Konan
Departamento de Microbiologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Exp Toxicol Pathol 64:435-40. 2012..The two latter ones were only mildly affected by agathisflavone. It is also shown that agathisflavone induces apoptosis in Jurkat cells and it this proposed that this is the likely mechanism of agathisflavone specific cytotoxicity...
- Protein assembly onto cationic supported bilayersNilton Lincopan
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Caixa Postal 26077, São Paulo SF, Brazil
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 9:3578-86. 2009....
- In vivo activity of a novel amphotericin B formulation with synthetic cationic bilayer fragmentsNilton Lincopan
Departamento de Analises Clinicas, Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Antimicrob Chemother 52:412-8. 2003..From spleen and kidneys tissue burden experiments, similar efficacy of both preparations in reducing tissue cfu counts was obtained. In summary, DODAB/AMB was as effective as DOC/AMB for treating systemic candidiasis in a mouse model...
- Acute, subacute toxicity and genotoxic effect of a hydroethanolic extract of the cashew (Anacardium occidentale L.)Nzi André Konan
Departamento de Farmacia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, CP 66083, Av Prof Lineu, Prestes 580, B 15 São Paulo 05508 900, SP, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 110:30-8. 2007..The extract was shown to induce frameshift, base pair substitution and damage to the chromosomes. However, this effect was less deleterious than the clastogenic effect of ciclophosphamide...
- Enterobacteria producing extended-spectrum beta-lactamases and IMP-1 metallo-beta-lactamases isolated from Brazilian hospitalsNilton Lincopan
J Med Microbiol 55:1611-3. 2006