- Silica-based cationic bilayers as immunoadjuvantsNilton Lincopan
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Caixa Postal 26077, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
BMC Biotechnol 9:5. 2009....
- First isolation of metallo-beta-lactamase-producing multiresistant Klebsiella pneumoniae from a patient in BrazilNilton Lincopan
Departamento de Analises Clinicas, Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Avenida Professor Lineu Prestes 580, Butanta, CEP 05508 900, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
J Clin Microbiol 43:516-9. 2005..We here report, for the first time, the detection of a metalloenzyme (IMP-1)-producing K. pneumoniae clinical strain in Latin America. The gene responsible for this phenotype was found to be bla(IMP-1), carried in a class 1 integron...
- Balanoposthitis caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa co-producing metallo-beta-lactamase and 16S rRNA methylase in children with hematological malignanciesNilton Lincopan
Department of Microbiology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Infect Dis 14:e344-7. 2010..Furthermore, co-production of metallo-beta-lactamase and 16S rRNA methylase has a potential impact on the empirical management of complicated infections caused by P. aeruginosa...
- Extended-spectrum beta-lactamases among Enterobacteriaceae isolated in a public hospital in BrazilMilena Dropa
Public Health Laboratory, School of Public Health, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 51:203-9. 2009..pneumoniae in some hospital wards, and also that some strongly related strains were identified in different hospital wards, suggesting clonal spread in the institutional environment...
- Acute, subacute toxicity and genotoxic effect of a hydroethanolic extract of the cashew (Anacardium occidentale L.)Nzi André Konan
Departamento de Farmacia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, CP 66083, Av Prof Lineu, Prestes 580, B 15 São Paulo 05508 900, SP, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 110:30-8. 2007..The extract was shown to induce frameshift, base pair substitution and damage to the chromosomes. However, this effect was less deleterious than the clastogenic effect of ciclophosphamide...
- Enterobacteria producing extended-spectrum beta-lactamases and IMP-1 metallo-beta-lactamases isolated from Brazilian hospitalsNilton Lincopan
J Med Microbiol 55:1611-3. 2006
- In vivo activity of a novel amphotericin B formulation with synthetic cationic bilayer fragmentsNilton Lincopan
, , , Brazil
J Antimicrob Chemother 52:412-8. 2003..From spleen and kidneys tissue burden experiments, similar efficacy of both preparations in reducing tissue cfu counts was obtained. In summary, DODAB/AMB was as effective as DOC/AMB for treating systemic candidiasis in a mouse model...