Felix Henrique Paim Kessler
- Crack users show high rates of antisocial personality disorder, engagement in illegal activities and other psychosocial problemsFelix Henrique Paim Kessler
Center for Drug and Alcohol Research, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Am J Addict 21:370-80. 2012..Treatment programs for crack users should routinely consider the possibility of associated psychiatric comorbidities, such as antisocial personality disorder, which may affect treatment outcomes...
- Psychometric properties of the sixth version of the Addiction Severity Index (ASI-6) in BrazilFelix Kessler
Center for Drug and Alcohol Research, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 34:24-33. 2012..There are few research tools in Brazil to assess more broadly the alcohol and other drug related problems...
- Brain injury markers (S100B and NSE) in chronic cocaine dependentsFelix Henrique Paim Kessler
Center for Drug and Alcohol Research, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Porto Alegre RS, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 29:134-9. 2007..This study aimed at comparing blood levels of S100B and NSE in chronic cocaine users and in volunteers who did not use cocaine or other illicit drugs...
- Evaluation of psychiatric symptoms in cocaine users in the Brazilian public health system: need for data and structureF Kessler
Center for Drug and Alcohol Research, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Public Health 122:1349-55. 2008..The aim of this paper is to review existing data on psychiatric evaluations of cocaine users, and present data from two studies that have addressed this issue as it pertains to the Brazilian public health system...
- Brazilian female crack users show elevated serum aluminum levelsFlavio Pechansky
Center for Drug and Alcohol Research, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 29:39-42. 2007..Since aluminum intake is associated with neurological damage, we measured serum aluminum levels in crack smokers. The objective of this study was to ascertain the levels of aluminum in crack users who smoke on makeshift aluminum pipes...
- References to alcohol consumption and alcoholism in medical records of a general hospital of Porto Alegre, Brazil--a comparison between samples with a 20 year gapFlavio Pechansky
Center for Drug and Alcohol Research, Department of Psychiatry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Subst Abus 25:29-34. 2004..The authors discuss potential reasons for this, suggesting that lack of training of medical personnel in the identification of alcoholism, as well as prejudice towards its recovery, may be some of the underlying causes...