Luiz Fernando Junqueira
- Insights into the clinical and functional significance of cardiac autonomic dysfunction in Chagas diseaseLuiz Fernando Junqueira Jr
Laboratório Cardiovascular, Área de Clínica Médica Cardiologia, Universidade de Brasilia, Brasilia, DF
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 45:243-52. 2012..Despite the key autonomic effect on cardiovascular functioning, the pathophysiological and clinical significance of the cardiac autonomic dysfunction in Chagas disease remains unknown...
- Teaching cardiac autonomic function dynamics employing the Valsalva (Valsalva-Weber) maneuverLuiz Fernando Junqueira
Clinical Medicine Area, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, University of Brasilia, and Division of Cardiology, University of Brasilia Hospital, Brasilia, Brazil
Adv Physiol Educ 32:100-6. 2008....
- [Echoes from the 22nd annual applied research meeting on chagas disease and the 10th annual applied research meeting on leishmaniasis]Luiz Fernando Junqueira Junior
Laboratório Cardiovascular, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Brasilia, Brasilia, DF, Brazil
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 39:565-6. 2006..Thus, such meetings must continue to vigorously represent the struggle against these diseases...
- Cardiac autonomic modulation and cognitive status in Alzheimer's diseaseMaria Alice de Vilhena Toledo
Medical Sciences Postgraduate Course, Geriatrics Medicine Center, The Brasilia University Hospital, University of Brasilia, Brasilia, DF, Brazil
Clin Auton Res 20:11-7. 2010..Although nervous structures affected in Alzheimer's disease are also implicated in autonomic nervous system function, the relationship between autonomic and cognitive functions was not still investigated...
- Cardiac autonomic and ventricular mechanical functions in asymptomatic chronic chagasic cardiomyopathyDaniel Franca Vasconcelos
Laboratório Cardiovascular, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Brasilia, DF, Brasil
Arq Bras Cardiol 98:111-9. 2012..The association of variably altered cardiac autonomic and ventricular systolic and diastolic functions is still controversial and little explored in chronic Chagas' disease...
- Differing phagocytic function of monocytes and neutrophils in Chagas' cardiopathy according to the presence or absence of congestive heart failureMaria Imaculada Muniz-Junqueira
Laboratório de Imunologia Celular da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Brasília, Brasilia, DF, Brasil
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 37:447-53. 2004..Balanced opposite effects of cardiovascular and immune disturbances may be acting in Chagas' disease subjects with heart failure paradoxically recovering the altered phagocytic function...
- Effects of pravastatin on the in vitro phagocytic function and hydrogen peroxide production by monocytes of healthy individualsMaria Imaculada Muniz-Junqueira
Laboratory of Cellular Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Brasilia, 70910 900 Brasilia, DF, Brazil
Int Immunopharmacol 6:53-60. 2006..It is possible this statin may directly inhibit the development of atherosclerotic plaque and its instability dependent on phagocytosis and the presence of reactive species of oxygen...
- Digitalis inhibits and furosemide does not change the in vitro phagocytic function of neutrophils of healthy subjectsMaria Imaculada Muniz-Junqueira
Laboratory of Cellular Immunology, Pathology Area, School of Medicine, University of Brasilia, 70 910 900 Brasilia, DF, Brazil
Int Immunopharmacol 3:1439-45. 2003....
- Distinctive impaired cardiac autonomic modulation of heart rate variability in chronic Chagas' indeterminate and heart diseasesDaniel Franca Vasconcelos
Cardiovascular Laboratory, Clinical Medicine Area, Faculty of Medicine, University of Brasilia, Brasilia, DF, Brazil
J Electrocardiol 42:281-9. 2009..Cardiac autonomic dysfunction occurs in Chagas' indeterminate and heart disease, but comparison of this disturbance between both forms was not yet performed...
- Impaired autonomic control of heart interval changes to Valsalva manoeuvre in Chagas' disease without overt manifestationLuiz Fernando Junqueira
Cardiovascular Laboratory, Clinical Medicine Area, Faculty of Medicine, University of Brasilia, DF, Brazil
Auton Neurosci 97:59-67. 2002....
- Cardiac sympathovagal modulation evaluated by short-term heart interval variability is subtly impaired in Alzheimer's diseaseMaria Alice de Vilhena Toledo
Clinical Medicine Area, Faculty of Medicine, University of Brasilia, and Geriatrics Medicine Center, Brasilia University Hospital, and Medical Sciences Postgraduate Course, Faculty of Medicine, University of Brasilia, Brasilia, Brazil
Geriatr Gerontol Int 8:109-18. 2008..Therefore, the still scarce evaluation of the cardiac autonomic function in this disease is of great functional, clinical, prognostic and therapeutic relevance...
- Cardiac autonomic modulation evaluated by heart interval variability is unaltered but subtly widespread in the indeterminate Chagas' diseaseDalmo Correia
Faculty of Medicine of Triangulo Mineiro, Division of Tropical Medicine, Uberaba, MG, Brazil
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 30:772-80. 2007..This work analyzed the short-term heart interval variability in order to verify the cardiac autonomic modulation in indeterminate Chagas' disease subjects examined in a Brazilian endemic area...