Bruno Correia Jham
- Solitary fibrous tumour of the buccal mucosa: case report and review of the literatureBruno Correia Jham
School of Dentistry, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Av Antonio Carlos, 6627, Pampulha, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 45:323-5. 2007..We report a 30-year-old man with a large solitary fibrous tumour on the buccal mucosa that resembled a salivary gland neoplasm. The lesion was excised and has not recurred...
- Epidermoid cyst of the floor of the mouth: a case reportBruno C Jham
Department of Diagnostic Sciences and Pathology, University of Maryland Dental School, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Can Dent Assoc 73:525-8. 2007..After 12 months of follow up, the cyst had not recurred. This case shows that dermoid cysts may be successfully diagnosed and managed using a series of simple yet effective clinical manoeuvres...
- Candida oral colonization and infection in Brazilian patients undergoing head and neck radiotherapy: a pilot studyBruno Correia Jham
Department of Oral Surgery and Pathology, School of Dentistry, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 103:355-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to verify the profile of Candida species responsible for colonizing and infecting the oral cavity of Brazilian patients undergoing radiotherapy (RT)...
- Extensive central ossifying fibroma of the maxilla: a case report with description of an alternative surgical techniqueB Correia Jham
Department of Oral Surgery and Pathology, Universidade Federal dos Vales do Jequitinhonha e Mucuri, Diamantina, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Minerva Stomatol 55:593-7. 2006..This article demonstrates that COF has a considerable growth potential. In addition, the surgical technique here in described shows very good cosmetic and functional results, especially when managing very large lesions...
- Metastatic tumors to the oral cavity: a clinical study of 18 casesBruno C Jham
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, Parasitology and Pathology, Institute of Tropical Pathology and Public Health, Federal University of Goias, Rua 235 s n, Setor Universitario, Goiania, GO 74605 505, Brazil
Head Neck Pathol 5:355-8. 2011..Treatment modalities included radiotherapy, chemotherapy and surgical resection. Metastatic lesions should be considered in the differential diagnosis of oral lesions, particularly when a previous history of cancer is present...
- A randomized phase III prospective trial of bethanechol to prevent radiotherapy-induced salivary gland damage in patients with head and neck cancerBruno Correia Jham
Department of Oral Pathology, School of Dentistry, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Av Antonio Carlos, 6627, Pampulha, Belo Horizonte, 31270 901 Minas Gerais, Brazil
Oral Oncol 43:137-42. 2007..The use of bethanechol during RT for HNC cancer was associated with significantly higher WRS immediately after RT (p=0.03) in comparison to a similar cohort of patients who had not received bethanechol...
- Successful conservative treatment of osteoradionecrosis of the mandible associated with pathological fractureB C Jham
Department of Diagnostic Sciences and Pathology, University of Maryland Dental School, Baltimore, MD, USA
Minerva Stomatol 57:65-9. 2008..Resolution of the ulcer and fracture was observed after 6 weeks of treatment. This report shows that ORN may be conservatively managed in specific situations, with good cosmetic and functional..
- Oral complications of radiotherapy in the head and neckBruno Correia Jham
Faculdade de Odontologia, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brazil
Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 72:704-8. 2006..Mucositis, candidosis, disgeusia, radiation caries, osteoradionecrosis, soft tissue necrosis and xerostomia are some of radiotherapys complications...
- Midkine expression in oral squamous cell carcinoma and leukoplakiaBruno Correia Jham
Department of Microbiology, Institute of Tropical Pathology and Public Health, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, Brazil
J Oral Pathol Med 41:21-6. 2012..Thus, the aim of this study was to evaluate the expression of MK in samples of OCSCC, leukoplakia, and healthy oral mucosa (control)...
- Sequential supernumerary teeth in nonsyndromic patients: report of 3 casesCarlos de Oliveira Gomes
Department of Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology School of Dentistry Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Pediatr Dent 30:66-9. 2008..This article demonstrates the importance of clinical and radiographic follow-up of ST patients, regardless of age, family history, or systemic condition...
- The relation between FoxP3⁺ regulatory T cells and fungal density in oral paracoccidioidomycosis: a preliminary studyRhanderson Miller Nascimento Cardoso
School of Medicine, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, Brazil
Mycoses 57:771-4. 2014..Further studies are required to further elucidate the role of these cells in the pathogenesis of oral PCM, as well the clinical significance of these findings...
- A survey of 460 supernumerary teeth in Brazilian children and adolescentsCarlos De Oliveira Gomes
Department of Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, School of Dentistry, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brazil
Int J Paediatr Dent 18:98-106. 2008..This study aimed to survey the demographic profile of supernumerary teeth (ST) in Brazilian children and adolescents...
- Periodontal care in patients undergoing radiotherapy for head and neck cancerAudrey Cristina Bueno
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Avenida Antonio Carlos 6627, Pampulha, 31270 901, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Support Care Cancer 21:969-75. 2013..The aim of this study was to evaluate periodontal changes after periodontal treatment and control in patients with malignant tumors of the upper aerodigestive tract who were submitted to radiotherapy with or without chemotherapy...
- Hereditary benign intraepithelial dyskeratosis: a new case?Bruno Correia Jham
Department of Oral Surgery and Pathology, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Minas Gerais, Brazil
J Oral Pathol Med 36:55-7. 2007..Although genetic analysis could not be carried out, the family history suggests a genetic etiology...