A C Linhares
Affiliation: Instituto Evandro Chagas
- Reappraisal of the Peruvian and Brazilian lower titer tetravalent rhesus-human reassortant rotavirus vaccine efficacy trials: analysis by severity of diarrheaA C Linhares
Instituto Evandro Chagas, Belem, Brazil
Pediatr Infect Dis J 18:1001-6. 1999..Mild, moderate/severe and very severe rotavirus diarrhea were scored as 0 to 8, 9 to 14 and >14, respectively...
- Immunogenicity, safety and efficacy of tetravalent rhesus-human, reassortant rotavirus vaccine in BelÃ©m, BrazilA C Linhares
Instituto Evandro Chagas, Para, Brazil
Bull World Health Organ 74:491-500. 1996..These results are sufficiently encouraging to warrant further studies of this vaccine in developing countries using a higher dosage in an attempt to improve its immunogenicity and efficacy...
- Rotavirus vaccines and vaccination in Latin AmericaA C Linhares
Fundacao Nacional de Saude, Instituto Evandro Chagas, Virology Section, Belem, Para, Brasil
Rev Panam Salud Publica 8:305-31. 2000....
- Efficacy and safety of an oral live attenuated human rotavirus vaccine against rotavirus gastroenteritis during the first 2 years of life in Latin American infants: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase III studyAlexandre C Linhares
Instituto Evandro Chagas, Secretaria de Vigilância em Saúde, Ministry of Health, Belem, Para, Brazil
Lancet 371:1181-9. 2008..We therefore aimed to assess the 2-year efficacy and safety of an oral live attenuated human rotavirus vaccine for prevention of severe gastroenteritis in infants...
- [Rotavirus infection in Brazil: epidemiology and challenges for its control]A C Linhares
Serviço de Virologia Geral, Instituto Evandro Chagas, Fundacao Nacional de Saude, Belem, PA, 66090 000, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 16:629-46. 2000..Therefore, further vaccine trials in Brazil will probably involve rotavirus candidate vaccines other than RRV-TV...
- A short report on highlights of world-wide development of RIX4414: a Latin American experienceA C Linhares
Instituto Evandro Chagas, Secretaria de Vigilância em Saúde, MS, Av Almirante Barroso, 492, Marco CEP 66 090 000, Belem, Para, Brazil
Vaccine 24:3784-5. 2006..It is demonstrated that two doses of RIX4414 are highly efficacious against severe rotavirus gastroenteritis and hospitalization, including disease caused by non-G1 strains, namely G9 serotypes...
- Rotavirus serotype G9 is associated with more-severe disease in Latin AmericaA C Linhares
Instituto Evandro Chagas, Secretaria de Vigilância em Saúde, Ministerio da Saude, Belem, Brazil
Clin Infect Dis 43:312-4. 2006..Thus, demonstration of efficacy against G9 will be an important asset of any rotavirus vaccine to be introduced into a Latin American country or any country where G9 has been shown to be prevalent...
- Outbreaks of human-herpes virus 6 (HHV-6) infection in day-care centers in Belém, Pará, BrazilR B Freitas
Serviço de Virologia Geral, Instituto Evandro Chagas, Fundacao Nacional de Saude, Ministerio da Saude, Belem, Para, Brasil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 42:305-11. 2000..0% (8/401) and 1. 5% (6/401) of the children, respectively. Our data provide strong evidence that HHV-6 is a common cause of outbreaks of febrile/exanthematous diseases among children attending DCCs in the Belém area...
- Tetravalent rhesus-human rotavirus vaccine (RRV-TV) in Belém, Brazil: efficacy against prevailing P and G genotypesJ D P Mascarenhas
Instituto Evandro Chagas, Fundacao Nacional de Saude, Belem, Para, Brazil
J Trop Pediatr 48:300-2. 2002....
- Detection of enteroviruses in cases of neurological disorders in the State of Pará, BrazilM L Gomes
Seção de Virologia, Instituto Evandro Chagas, Fundação Nacional da Saúde, Belem, PA, Brasil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 43:321-4. 2001..6%) had motor deficiency and 3 (33.3%) developed aseptic meningitis. These results show that it is important to investigate enterovirus as cause of these syndromes...
- Detection and characterization of rotavirus G and P types from children participating in a rotavirus vaccine trial in Belém, BrazilJ D P Mascarenhas
Instituto Evandro Chagas, Fundacao Nacional de Saude, 66090 000 Belém, PA, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 97:113-7. 2002..These results are of potential importance regarding future rotavirus vaccination strategies in Brazil...