- Imada E, Rolla Dos Santos A, Oliveira A, Hungria M, Rodrigues E. Indole-3-acetic acid production via the indole-3-pyruvate pathway by plant growth promoter Rhizobium tropici CIAT 899 is strongly inhibited by ammonium. Res Microbiol. 2017;168:283-292 pubmed publisher..Although present results arose from in vitro experiments, they provide new insight into the role of nitrogen in early events related to legume nodulation. ..
- Souza R, Mendes I, Reis Junior F, Carvalho F, Nogueira M, Vasconcelos A, et al. Shifts in taxonomic and functional microbial diversity with agriculture: How fragile is the Brazilian Cerrado?. BMC Microbiol. 2016;16:42 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight that underneath the rustic appearance of the Cerrado vegetation there is a fragile soil microbial community. ..
- Delamuta J, Ribeiro R, Gomes D, Souza R, Chueire L, Hungria M. Genome Sequence of Bradyrhizobium pachyrhizi Strain PAC48T, a Nitrogen-Fixing Symbiont of Pachyrhizus erosus (L.) Urb. Genome Announc. 2015;3: pubmed publisher..Several coding sequences (CDSs) of the stress response might help in survival in the tropics. PAC48(T) carries nodD1 and nodK, similar to Bradyrhizobium (Parasponia) ANU 289 and a particular nodD2 gene. ..
- Helene L, Gomes D, Delamuta J, Ribeiro R, Souza R, Almeida L, et al. Genome Sequence of Bradyrhizobium viridifuturi Strain SEMIA 690T, a Nitrogen-Fixing Symbiont of Centrosema pubescens. Genome Announc. 2015;3: pubmed publisher..Its draft genome indicates that it belongs to the Bradyrhizobium elkanii superclade. SEMIA 690(T) carries two copies of the regulatory nodD gene, and the nod and nif operons resemble those of Bradyrhizobium diazoefficiens. ..
- Dall Agnol R, Costa M, Ribeiro R, Delamuta J, Chueire L, Hungria M. Genome Sequence of Paraburkholderia nodosa Strain CNPSo 1341, a N2-Fixing Symbiont of the Promiscuous Legume Phaseolus vulgaris. Genome Announc. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..Its draft genome contains 8,614,032 bp and 8,068 coding sequences (CDSs). Nodulation and N2-fixation genes were clustered in the genome that also contains several genes of secretion systems and quorum sensing. ..
- Ribeiro R, Delamuta J, Gomes D, Souza R, Chueire L, Hungria M. Genome Sequence of Rhizobium ecuadorense Strain CNPSo 671T, an Indigenous N2-Fixing Symbiont of the Ecuadorian Common Bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) Genetic Pool. Genome Announc. 2015;3: pubmed publisher..Rhizobium ecuadorense CNPSo 671(T) was isolated from a common bean nodule in Ecuador. The draft genome brings novelty about indigenous rhizobial species in centers of genetic diversity of the legume. ..
- Delamuta J, Ribeiro R, Gomes D, Souza R, Chueire L, Hungria M. Genome Sequence of Bradyrhizobium stylosanthis Strain BR 446T, a Nitrogen-Fixing Symbiont of the Legume Pasture Stylosanthes guianensis. Genome Announc. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..Several putative genes that might confer high competitiveness and saprophytic capacity under the stressful conditions of tropical soils were identified in the genome. ..
- Aarab S, Arakrak A, Ollero F, Megias M, Gomes D, Ribeiro R, et al. Draft Genome Sequence of Pseudomonas fluorescens Strain ET76, Isolated from Rice Rhizosphere in Northwestern Morocco. Genome Announc. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..Genes encoding for type I to VI secretion systems, PvdQ, proteases, siderophores, hydrogen cyanide synthase, ACC-deaminase, among others, highlight its potential use in biological control of plant pathogens. ..
- MegÃas E, MegÃas M, Ollero F, Hungria M. Draft Genome Sequence of Pantoea ananatis Strain AMG521, a Rice Plant Growth-Promoting Bacterial Endophyte Isolated from the Guadalquivir Marshes in Southern Spain. Genome Announc. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..The genome encodes genes for N-acylhomoserine lactone (AHL) synthases, AHL hydrolases, hyperadherence (yidQ, yidP, and yidR), fusaric acid resistance, and oxidation of lignin, highlighting its biotechnological potential. ..
- Delamuta J, Ribeiro R, Gomes D, Souza R, Chueire L, Hungria M. Genome sequence of Bradyrhizobium embrapense strain CNPSo 2833T, isolated from a root nodule of Desmodium heterocarpon. Braz J Microbiol. 2017;48:9-10 pubmed publisher..The symbiotic island includes nodulation and nitrogen fixation genes resembling the operon organization of B. japonicum. Several CDSs related to secretion proteins and stress tolerance were also identified. ..
- Marks B, MegÃas M, Ollero F, Nogueira M, Araujo R, Hungria M. Maize growth promotion by inoculation with Azospirillum brasilense and metabolites of Rhizobium tropici enriched on lipo-chitooligosaccharides (LCOs). AMB Express. 2015;5:71 pubmed publisher..tropici applied by seed or leaf spray inoculation. The results give strength to the development of a new generation of inoculants carrying microorganisms and microbial molecules. ..
- Fukami J, Abrantes J, Del Cerro P, Nogueira M, Ollero F, Megias M, et al. Revealing strategies of quorum sensing in Azospirillum brasilense strains Ab-V5 and Ab-V6. Arch Microbiol. 2018;200:47-56 pubmed publisher..was inoculated with the wild-type and transconjugant strains, plant growth was decreased with the transconjugant of Ab-V5-confirming the importance of an AHL-mediated QS system-but did not affect plant growth promotion by Ab-V6. ..
- Helene L, Ribeiro R, Hungria M. Genome Sequence of Rhizobium esperanzae Type Strain CNPSo 668, Isolated from Phaseolus vulgaris Nodules in Mexico. Genome Announc. 2017;5: pubmed publisher..9%) with Rhizobium etli Three copies of the regulatory nodD, in addition to other nodulation genes, should define its host specificity. ..
- Delamuta J, Menna P, Ribeiro R, Hungria M. Phylogenies of symbiotic genes of Bradyrhizobium symbionts of legumes of economic and environmental importance in Brazil support the definition of the new symbiovars pachyrhizi and sojae. Syst Appl Microbiol. 2017;40:254-265 pubmed publisher..Other potential new symbiovars were also detected. The co-evolution hypotheses is discussed and it is suggested that nodY/K analysis would be useful for investigating the symbiotic diversity of the genus Bradyrhizobium. ..
- Del Cerro P, Rolla Santos A, Gomes D, Marks B, PÃ©rez MontaÃ±o F, RodrÃguez Carvajal M, et al. Regulatory nodD1 and nodD2 genes of Rhizobium tropici strain CIAT 899 and their roles in the early stages of molecular signaling and host-legume nodulation. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:251 pubmed publisher..In general, nodD2 is an activator of nod-gene transcription, but, in specific conditions, it can slightly repress nodD1. nodD1 and nodD2 play other roles beyond nodulation, such as swimming motility and IAA synthesis. ..
- Megías E, Reis Junior F, Ribeiro R, Megias M, Ollero F, Hungria M. Genome Sequence of Pantoea sp. Strain 1.19, Isolated from Rice Rhizosphere, with the Capacity To Promote Growth of Legumes and Nonlegumes. Genome Announc. 2017;5: pubmed publisher..Several CDSs emphasize its biotechnological potential as an agriculture inoculant. ..
- PÃ©rez MontaÃ±o F, Del Cerro P, JimÃ©nez Guerrero I, LÃ³pez Baena F, Cubo M, Hungria M, et al. RNA-seq analysis of the Rhizobium tropici CIAT 899 transcriptome shows similarities in the activation patterns of symbiotic genes in the presence of apigenin and salt. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:198 pubmed publisher..It could be possible that the increases in the transcription levels of several genes related to nodulation under saline conditions could represent a strategy to establish symbiosis under abiotic stressing conditions. ..
- Ormeño Orrillo E, Menna P, Almeida L, Ollero F, Nicolás M, Pains Rodrigues E, et al. Genomic basis of broad host range and environmental adaptability of Rhizobium tropici CIAT 899 and Rhizobium sp. PRF 81 which are used in inoculants for common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). BMC Genomics. 2012;13:735 pubmed publisher..The genetic determinants of these interesting characteristics remain largely unknown...
- Carvalho G, Batista J, Marcelino Guimaraes F, Nascimento L, Hungria M. Transcriptional analysis of genes involved in nodulation in soybean roots inoculated with Bradyrhizobium japonicum strain CPAC 15. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:153 pubmed publisher..Putative symbiotic functions were attributed to some of these genes for the first time. ..