- Thermolysin in human cultured keratinocyte isolationA Gragnani
Division of Plastic Surgery, Surgery Department, Federal University of Sao Paulo UNIFESP EPM, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Braz J Biol 67:105-9. 2007..We used a modification of the conventional isolation method in order to improve this process and increase the number of colonies from the isolated epidermal cell population...
- Dimethylaminoethanol affects the viability of human cultured fibroblastsAlfredo Gragnani
Plastic Surgery Division of Federal University of São Paulo, Rua Pedro de Toledo, 781, 4 Andar Fundos, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Aesthetic Plast Surg 31:711-8. 2007....
- Topical tamoxifen therapy in hypertrophic scars or keloids in burnsAlfredo Gragnani
Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Napoleão de Barros St 715, 4th Floor, Sao Paulo 04024 002, SP, Brazil
Arch Dermatol Res 302:1-4. 2010..Topical tamoxifen citrate chemical treatment has been shown to improve scarring. However, prospective studies must be undertaken to validate the inclusion of tamoxifen into standard clinical practice...
- Control of the skin scarring responseLydia M Ferreira
Programa de Pós Graduação em Cirurgia Plástica, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
An Acad Bras Cienc 81:623-9. 2009....
- Gel from unripe Musa sapientum peel to repair surgical wounds in ratsDênia Amélia Novato Castelli Von Atzingen
UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 26:379-82. 2011..To determine the optimum concentration of a gel obtained from unripe banana (Musa sapientum) peel for wound treatment in rats...
- Rat an experimental model for burns: a systematic reviewJorge Kiyoshi Mitsunaga Junior
UNIFESP EPM, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 27:417-23. 2012..To revise and systematize scientific knowledge of the experimental model for cutaneous burns in rats...
- Keratinocyte growth factor protected cultured human keratinocytes exposed to oxidative stressAlfredo Gragnani
Plastic Surgery Division, UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 25:93-7. 2010..To evaluate effects of oxidative stress and supplementation of keratinocyte growth factor (KGF) on cultivated human keratinocytes...
- The effect of increasing fluence on the treatment of actinic keratosis and photodamage by photodynamic therapy with 5-aminolevulinic acid and intense pulsed lightAlessandra Haddad
Plastic Surgery Division, Surgery Department, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Photomed Laser Surg 29:427-32. 2011..The objective of this study was to determine the effect of increasing the fluence of IPL on the outcome of patients with these skin conditions...
- Sexuality after burn in Brazil: survey of burn health-care workersMonica Sarto Piccolo
Federal University of Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Burns 37:1411-8. 2011..There is a need for other similar surveys to be performed, as well as a collective consciousness of the need for discussions about sexuality with patients and their partners, providing counselling and treatment, when need...
- AZT on telomerase activity and cell proliferation in HS 839.T melanoma cellsCelestino Prospero de Souza Sobrinho
Plastic Surgery Division, Department of Surgery, EPM, UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 27:855-60. 2012..To evaluate telomerase activity and proliferation of HS839.T melanoma cells, subjected to the action of AZT...
- Root perforations treatment using mineral trioxide aggregate and Portland cementsJosé Dias da Silva Neto
UNIFESP, SP, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 25:479-84. 2010..Clinical, radiological and histological evaluation of root perforations treated with mineral trioxide aggregate (MTA) or Portland cements, and calcium sulfate barrier...
- Hemicellulose dressing versus rayon dressing in the re-epithelialization of split-thickness skin graft donor sites: a multicenter studyLydia M Ferreira
Division of Plastic Surgery, Federal University of Sao Paulo UNIFESP, and Vila Penteado General Hospital, Rua Napoleao de Barros 715, 4 andar, Vila Clementino, 04023 062 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Tissue Viability 18:88-94. 2009....
- Is there an ideal animal model to study hypertrophic scarring?Maria Luiza Christovão Ramos
Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Burn Care Res 29:363-8. 2008..Full-thickness human skin grafts in nude mice also represent improvement in the search of an ideal hypertrophic scarring animal model...
- Upregulation of TGF-beta1 expression may be necessary but is not sufficient for excessive scarringAnelisa B Campaner
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Physiology and Biotechnology, Biomed Center, Brown University, 171 Meeting Street, Providence, RI 02912, USA
J Invest Dermatol 126:1168-76. 2006..We conclude that upregulation of TGF-beta1 by fibroblasts may be necessary, but is not sufficient for excessive scarring. Needed are other signals to activate TGF-beta1 and prolong cell persistence...