A C Goulart
- Gender aspects of the relationship between migraine and cardiovascular risk factors: A cross-sectional evaluation in the Brazilian Longitudinal Study of Adult Health (ELSA-Brasil)Alessandra C Goulart
Hospital Universitario, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cephalalgia 35:1103-14. 2015..These associations were evaluated in Brazilian middle-aged men and women from the Longitudinal Study of Adult Health (ELSA-Brasil)...
- Design and baseline characteristics of a coronary heart disease prospective cohort: two-year experience from the strategy of registry of acute coronary syndrome study (ERICO study)Alessandra C Goulart
Center for Clinical and Epidemiological Research, Hospital Universitario, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 68:431-4. 2013..To describe the ERICO study (Strategy of Registry of Acute Coronary Syndrome), a prospective cohort to investigate the epidemiology of acute coronary syndrome...
- Early and one-year stroke case fatality in Sao Paulo, Brazil: applying the World Health Organization's stroke STEPSAlessandra C Goulart
Hospital of University, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 21:832-8. 2012..In conclusion, case fatality, particularly up to 6 months, was higher in hemorrhagic stroke, and lack of formal education was associated with increased stroke mortality...
- Association of estrogen receptor 2 gene polymorphisms with obesity in women (obesity and estrogen receptor 2 gene)A C Goulart
Division of Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 900 Commonwealth Avenue, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Maturitas 62:179-83. 2009..Few studies have examined the association between genetic variants of the estrogen receptor beta (ESR2) and obesity in postmenopausal women...
- Estrogen receptor 1 gene polymorphisms and decreased risk of obesity in womenAlessandra C Goulart
Division of Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Metabolism 58:759-64. 2009..One or more copies of the C allele were associated with decreased risk of obesity in white postmenopausal women...
- A stepwise approach to stroke surveillance in Brazil: the EMMA (Estudo de Mortalidade e Morbidade do Acidente Vascular Cerebral) studyAlessandra C Goulart
Hospital Universitario, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Int J Stroke 5:284-9. 2010..Stroke mortality rates in Brazil are the highest in the Americas. Deaths from cerebrovascular disease surpass coronary heart disease...
- Polymorphisms in advanced glycosylation end product-specific receptor (AGER) gene, insulin resistance, and type 2 diabetes mellitusA C Goulart
Division of Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, United States
Clin Chim Acta 398:95-8. 2008..We investigated the relationship of 3 polymorphisms (rs1800625, rs1800624 and rs2070600) in the AGER gene and their haplotypes with T2DM as well as insulin resistance...
- Race, gender and stroke subtypes mortality in São Paulo, BrazilPaulo A Lotufo
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Hospital Universitario USP, Avenida lineu prestes 2565, 05508 900 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 65:752-7. 2007..Compared to White men, the risk ratio of Black men was 1.4. However, compared to White women, the risk ratio for Black women was 2.0. Concluding, there is a significant gradient of stroke mortality according to race, mainly among women...
- Cardiovascular risk factors associated with migraine among the elderly with a low income: the Sao Paulo Ageing & Health Study (SPAH)Isabela M Bensenor
University of Sao Paulo, Av Lineu Prestes 2565, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Cephalalgia 31:331-7. 2011....
- Associations of the estrogen receptors 1 and 2 gene polymorphisms with the metabolic syndrome in womenAlessandra C Goulart
Division of Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Metab Syndr Relat Disord 7:111-7. 2009..Genetic variation of the estrogen receptor alpha (ESR1) and beta (ESR2) has been associated with components of the metabolic syndrome...
- Decreased brain-derived neurotrophic factor plasma levels in psoriasis patientsA R Brunoni
Centro de Pesquisa Clínica e Epidemiológica, Hospital das Clinicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 48:711-4. 2015..Further studies should determine if BDNF is increased after specific psoriasis treatments, and associated with different disease stages. ..
- Impact of 5-HTTLPR and BDNF polymorphisms on response to sertraline versus transcranial direct current stimulation: implications for the serotonergic systemA R Brunoni
Hospital Universitario, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil University of São Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil Centro de Atenção Integrada em Saúde Mental, Faculdade de Ciências Médicas da Santa Casa de Misericórdia de São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil Electronic address
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 23:1530-40. 2013....
- Association of genetic variants with the metabolic syndrome in 20,806 white women: The Women's Health Genome StudyAlessandra C Goulart
Division of Preventive Medicine, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am Heart J 158:257-262.e1. 2009..Candidate genes associated with cardiovascular disease (CVD) represent potential risk factors for the metabolic syndrome (MetS)...