A C Goulart
- Design and baseline characteristics of a coronary heart disease prospective cohort: two-year experience from the strategy of registry of acute coronary syndrome study (ERICO study)Alessandra C Goulart
Center for Clinical and Epidemiological Research, Hospital Universitario, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 68:431-4. 2013..To describe the ERICO study (Strategy of Registry of Acute Coronary Syndrome), a prospective cohort to investigate the epidemiology of acute coronary syndrome...
- Early and one-year stroke case fatality in Sao Paulo, Brazil: applying the World Health Organization's stroke STEPSAlessandra C Goulart
Hospital of University, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 21:832-8. 2012..In conclusion, case fatality, particularly up to 6 months, was higher in hemorrhagic stroke, and lack of formal education was associated with increased stroke mortality...
- Association of estrogen receptor 2 gene polymorphisms with obesity in women (obesity and estrogen receptor 2 gene)A C Goulart
Division of Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 900 Commonwealth Avenue, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Maturitas 62:179-83. 2009..Few studies have examined the association between genetic variants of the estrogen receptor beta (ESR2) and obesity in postmenopausal women...
- Estrogen receptor 1 gene polymorphisms and decreased risk of obesity in womenAlessandra C Goulart
Division of Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Metabolism 58:759-64. 2009..One or more copies of the C allele were associated with decreased risk of obesity in white postmenopausal women...
- A stepwise approach to stroke surveillance in Brazil: the EMMA (Estudo de Mortalidade e Morbidade do Acidente Vascular Cerebral) studyAlessandra C Goulart
Hospital Universitario, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Int J Stroke 5:284-9. 2010..Stroke mortality rates in Brazil are the highest in the Americas. Deaths from cerebrovascular disease surpass coronary heart disease...
- Polymorphisms in advanced glycosylation end product-specific receptor (AGER) gene, insulin resistance, and type 2 diabetes mellitusA C Goulart
Division of Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, United States
Clin Chim Acta 398:95-8. 2008..We investigated the relationship of 3 polymorphisms (rs1800625, rs1800624 and rs2070600) in the AGER gene and their haplotypes with T2DM as well as insulin resistance...
- Cardiovascular risk factors associated with migraine among the elderly with a low income: the Sao Paulo Ageing & Health Study (SPAH)Isabela M Bensenor
University of Sao Paulo, Av Lineu Prestes 2565, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Cephalalgia 31:331-7. 2011....
- Race, gender and stroke subtypes mortality in São Paulo, BrazilPaulo A Lotufo
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Hospital Universitario USP, Avenida lineu prestes 2565, 05508 900 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 65:752-7. 2007..Compared to White men, the risk ratio of Black men was 1.4. However, compared to White women, the risk ratio for Black women was 2.0. Concluding, there is a significant gradient of stroke mortality according to race, mainly among women...
- Associations of the estrogen receptors 1 and 2 gene polymorphisms with the metabolic syndrome in womenAlessandra C Goulart
Division of Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Metab Syndr Relat Disord 7:111-7. 2009..Genetic variation of the estrogen receptor alpha (ESR1) and beta (ESR2) has been associated with components of the metabolic syndrome...
- Association of genetic variants with the metabolic syndrome in 20,806 white women: The Women's Health Genome StudyAlessandra C Goulart
Division of Preventive Medicine, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am Heart J 158:257-262.e1. 2009..Candidate genes associated with cardiovascular disease (CVD) represent potential risk factors for the metabolic syndrome (MetS)...