Fernando L Goncales
- Prevalence of transfusion-transmitted Chagas Disease among multitransfused patients in BrazilErich V de Paula
Hematology and Hemotherapy Center, State University of Campinas, Campinas SP, Brazil
BMC Infect Dis 8:5. 2008..The outcome of measures designed to improve transfusion safety can be assessed by evaluating the prevalence of CD among multitransfused patients..
- Hepatitis B virus DNA in sera of blood donors and of patients infected with hepatitis C virus and human immunodeficiency virusFernando Lopes Goncales
Grupo de Estudos das Hepatites, Disciplina de Moléstias Infecciosas, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 10:718-20. 2003..HBV DNA was detected in 4% of blood donors, 3.4% of HIV- and HCV-positive patients, and 24% of HCV-positive patients...
- Retreatment of hepatitis C patients with pegylated interferon combined with ribavirin in non-responders to interferon plus ribavirin. Is it different in real life?Fernando L Goncales
Grupo de Estudo das Hepatites, Disciplina de Doenças Infecciosas, Departamento de Clinica Medica, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, UNICAMP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
BMC Infect Dis 10:212. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of retreatment with Peg-Interferon alpha-2b (PEG-IFN alpha-2b) plus RBV, in patients with HCV, genotypes 1 or 3, who were non-responders to the previous standard treatment with IFN/RBV...
- Comparative study of patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection due to genotypes 1 and 3 referred for treatment in southeast BrazilAline G Vigani
Grupo de Estudos das Hepatites Virais, Departamento de Clinica Medica, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas UNICAMP, Sau Paulo, Brasil
BMC Infect Dis 8:164. 2008..We set out to study the natural history of HCV genotype 1 and 3 infections in Campinas, São Paulo state, Brazil, focusing on epidemiological, clinical, biochemical, and histological characteristics...
- Hepatitis B virus: molecular genotypes and HBeAg serological status among HBV-infected patients in the southeast of BrazilPriscila A Tonetto
Grupo de Estudo das Hepatites Disciplina de Moléstias Infecciosas, Departamento de Clínica Médica Faculdade de Ciências Médicas Universidade Estadual de Campinas UNICAMP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
BMC Infect Dis 9:149. 2009..The aim of this study was to determine HBV subtypes and genotypes in HBV-infected patients in our region (southeast Brazil) and to correlate results with clinical and histopathological data...