Genomes and Genes
Anna Carla Goldberg
- Inflammatory and Immunological parameters in adults with Down syndromeMaria Bf Trotta
Heart Institute University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo
Immun Ageing 8:4. 2011..abstract:..
- HLA-DRB1*0405 is the predominant allele in Brazilian patients with Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada diseaseA C Goldberg
Laboratory of Transplant Immunology, University of Sao Paulo, Brasil
Hum Immunol 59:183-8. 1998....
- Exogenous leptin restores in vitro T cell proliferation and cytokine synthesis in patients with common variable immunodeficiency syndromeAnna Carla Goldberg
Department of Biochemistry, Chemistry Institute, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Clin Immunol 114:147-53. 2005..Our results suggest that leptin may be involved in some of the cellular defects observed in CVID and indicate a novel therapeutic strategy to improve immune function in these patients...
- Autoimmune hepatitis in Brazil: an overviewA C Goldberg
Department of Biochemistry, Chemistry Institute, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Scand J Immunol 66:208-16. 2007....
- Analysis of HLA haplotypes in autoimmune hepatitis type 1: identifying the major susceptibility locusA C Goldberg
Heart Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Sao Paulo University, Brazil
Hum Immunol 62:165-9. 2001....
- Lack of association of tumor necrosis factor-alpha polymorphisms with Chagas disease in Brazilian patientsSandra A Drigo
Heart Institute InCor, School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Immunol Lett 108:109-11. 2007..These results indicate that TNF polymorphisms are associated neither to CCC development nor to progression to more severe forms of cardiomyopathy in Brazilian Chagas disease patients...
- BAT1, a putative anti-inflammatory gene, is associated with chronic Chagas cardiomyopathyRajendranath Ramasawmy
Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Infect Dis 193:1394-9. 2006..BAT1, a putative anti-inflammatory gene, presents functional polymorphisms in its promoter region that influence its transcriptional level...
- Immunological and non-immunological effects of cytokines and chemokines in the pathogenesis of chronic Chagas disease cardiomyopathyEdecio Cunha-Neto
Laboratorio de Imunologia, Instituto do Coracao, Hospital das Clinicas, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 104:252-8. 2009..We will review the molecular and immunological mechanisms of myocardial damage in human CCC in light of recent findings...
- Autoimmune hepatitis, HLA and extended haplotypesLea Campos Oliveira
Laboratório de Pediatria Clinica LIM 36, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Dr Eneas de Carvalho Aguiar 44, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Autoimmun Rev 10:189-93. 2011....
- Revised diagnostic criteria for vogt-koyanagi-harada disease: considerations on the different disease categoriesFelipe Theodoro Bezerra Gaspar Carvalho da Silva
Department of Ophthalmology, Uveitis Service, Hospital das Clinicas, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Ophthalmol 147:339-345.e5. 2009....
- T-cell recognition of Paracoccidioides brasiliensis gp43-derived peptides in patients with paracoccidioidomycosis and healthy individualsLeo Kei Iwai
Laboratory of Immunolgoy, Heart Institute InCor, Millenium Institutes, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:474-6. 2007....
- T-cell recognition and cytokine profile induced by melanocyte epitopes in patients with HLA-DRB1*0405-positive and -negative Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada uveitisFrancisco Max Damico
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:2465-71. 2005..This study was undertaken to analyze T-cell recognition and the cytokine expression profile induced by melanocyte epitopes in HLA-DRB1*0405-positive and -negative patients with VKH uveitis...
- Leptin and the immune response: an active player or an innocent bystander?Anna Carla Goldberg
Cell and Molecular Therapy Center, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1153:184-92. 2009....
- Immune responses to multiple antigen peptides containing T and B epitopes from Plasmodium falciparum circumsporozoite protein of Brazilian individuals naturally exposed to malariaS L Avila
Institute of Tropical Medicine of São Paulo, School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Parasite Immunol 23:103-8. 2001..Our study underlines the importance of previous studies of vaccine candidates to guarantee that the immunization will be capable of reverting inefficient or absent responses to malaria epitopes...
- T-cell reactivity against streptococcal antigens in the periphery mirrors reactivity of heart-infiltrating T lymphocytes in rheumatic heart disease patientsL Guilherme
Heart Institute, InCor, School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Infect Immun 69:5345-51. 2001..Conversely, the presence of heart-reactive T cells in the PBMC of patients with severe RHD also suggests a spillover of sensitized T cells from the heart lesion...
- TGFB1 and IL8 gene polymorphisms and susceptibility to visceral leishmaniasisAmanda Farage Frade
Laboratory of Immunology, Heart Institute, InCor, HC FMUSP, SP, Brazil
Infect Genet Evol 11:912-6. 2011....
- TNF gene polymorphisms are associated with reduced survival in severe Chagas' disease cardiomyopathy patientsSandra A Drigo
Heart Institute InCor, School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Av Dr Eneas de Carvalho Aguiar 44, Bloco 2, 9 andar, CEP 05403 001 São Paulo, Brazil
Microbes Infect 8:598-603. 2006..The association of TNF genotype with earlier death in CCC should be taken into account when planning therapeutic intervention...
- Application of the enterprise management tools Lean Six Sigma and PMBOK in developing a program of research managementCora Hors
Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Einstein (Sao Paulo) 10:480-90. 2012..Introduce a program for the management of scientific research in a General Hospital employing the business management tools Lean Six Sigma and PMBOK for project management in this area...
- Analysis of human leukocyte antigens class II-DR in Brazilian children and adolescents with systemic lupus erythematosusBernadete de L Liphaus
Heart Institute, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Rev Hosp Clin Fac Med Sao Paulo 57:277-82. 2002..To analyze the frequency of human leukocyte antigens class II-DR in children and adolescents with systemic lupus erythematosus...
- MICA polymorphism in a sample of the São Paulo population, BrazilM L C Marin
Laboratory of Immunology, Heart Institute InCor, School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Eur J Immunogenet 31:63-71. 2004..2% vs. 1.5%; P(c) = 0.005). Both alleles were always in association with HLA-B51, suggesting that HLA-B is indeed the primary susceptibility locus (P = 0.00008) and that MICA*006 may be an additional risk factor...
- Identification of multiple HLA-A*0201-restricted cruzipain and FL-160 CD8+ epitopes recognized by T cells from chronically Trypanosoma cruzi-infected patientsSimone G Fonseca
Laboratorio de Imunologia, Heart Institute, Instituto do Coração InCor, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Dr Eneas de Carvalho Aguiar, 44 BL 2, 9 andar, São Paulo SP 05403 000, Brazil
Microbes Infect 7:688-97. 2005..Thus, our results suggest that the recognition of CD8+ T cell epitopes in cruzipain and FL-160 may have a pathogenic or protective role in chronic Chagas disease...
- First Brazilian pancreatic islet transplantation in a patient with type 1 diabetes mellitusF G Eliaschewitz
Albert Einstein Hospital, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Transplant Proc 36:1117-8. 2004
- Human leukocyte antigen class II control of the immune response to p126-derived amino terminal peptide from Plasmodium falciparumDalma M Banic
Laboratório de Pesquisas em Malária, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Am J Trop Med Hyg 66:509-15. 2002..Thus, naturally exposed people with different HLA class II antigens seem to respond differently to Nt47, indicating that the choice of relevant peptide sequences may have important consequences for subunit vaccine development...
- In silico prediction of peptides binding to multiple HLA-DR molecules accurately identifies immunodominant epitopes from gp43 of Paracoccidioides brasiliensis frequently recognized in primary peripheral blood mononuclear cell responses from sensitized indLeo Kei Iwai
Laboratory of Immunology, Heart Institute InCor, Millenium Institutes, Brazil
Mol Med 9:209-19. 2003..brasiliensis. The combination of several such epitopes may increase the frequency of positive responses and allow the immunization of genetically distinct populations...
- HLA class II and antibody responses to circumsporozoite protein repeats of P. vivax (VK210, VK247 and P. vivax-like) in individuals naturally exposed to malariaJoseli Oliveira-Ferreira
Laboratório de Pesquisas em Malária, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Acta Trop 92:63-9. 2004..The observed findings indicate that antibody responses to the CSP repeats of P. vivax variants appear to be modulated by HLA class II molecules in malaria naturally exposed individuals...