Lílian C Giannasi
- Effect of a hyperbolide mastication apparatus for the treatment of severe sleep bruxism in a child with cerebral palsy: long-term follow-upLilian Chrystiane Giannasi
Universidade Estadual Paulista Julio de Mesquita Filho, Faculdade de Odontologia de São José dos Campos, UNESP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil Sleep Laboratory, Master and Doctoral Degree Program in Rehabilitation Sciences, Nove de Julho University, UNINOVE, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil Electronic address
J Bodyw Mov Ther 18:62-7. 2014....
- Effect of an occlusal splint on sleep bruxism in children in a pilot study with a short-term follow upLilian Chrystiane Giannasi
Bioscience Department, State of São Paulo University UNESP, R Esperança, 265, ap 31, Sao Jose dos Campos, Sao Paulo, SP 12243 700, Brazil Sleep Disorder Laboratory, University of Nove de Julho UNINOVE, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil Electronic address
J Bodyw Mov Ther 17:418-22. 2013..The use of an occlusal splint was effective in reducing the symptoms of sleep bruxism and other sleep problems. Further investigations should be carried out on the relationship between snoring and sleep bruxism in children. ..
- Static balance and function in children with cerebral palsy submitted to neuromuscular block and neuromuscular electrical stimulation: study protocol for prospective, randomized, controlled trialSoráia Kazon
Post Graduate Program in Reabilitation Sciences, Nove de Julho University, UNINOVE, Sao Paulo, Brazil
BMC Pediatr 12:53. 2012..The aim of the present study is to describe a protocol for a study aimed at analyzing the effects of NMES on dorsiflexors combined with physical therapy on static and functional balance in children with CP submitted to BT- A...
- Effect of posture-control insoles on function in children with cerebral palsy: randomized controlled clinical trialHugo Pasini Neto
Post Graduate Program in Reabilitation Sciences, Universidade Nove de Julho, UNINOVE, Sao Paulo, Brazil
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:193. 2012..The aim of the proposed study is to determine the effect of the combination of posture-control insoles and ankle-foot orthoses (AFOs) improving functional limitation in children with CP...
- Efficacy of an oral appliance for the treatment of obstructive sleep apneaLilian Chrystiane Giannasi
UNINOVE Nove de Julho University Sleep Laboratory, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Prosthodont 26:334-9. 2013....
- Effects of neuromuscular electrical stimulation, laser therapy and LED therapy on the masticatory system and the impact on sleep variables in cerebral palsy patients: a randomized, five arms clinical trialLilian Chrystiane Giannasi
Department of Biosciences and Oral Diagnosis, School of Dentistry, Sao Paulo State University, Sao Jose dos Campos, SP, Brazil
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:71. 2012....
- Sleep study, respiratory mechanics, chemosensitive response and quality of life in morbidly obese patients undergoing bariatric surgery: a prospective, randomized, controlled trialLuis V F Oliveira
Nove de Julho University, Sao Paulo, Brazil
BMC Surg 11:28. 2011..Weight loss among such patients leads to a reduction in these alterations in respiratory physiology, but clinical treatment is not effective for a long period of time. Thus, bariatric surgery is a viable option...
- Oral appliance treatment for obstructive sleep apnea in a partly edentulous patientLilian Chrystiane Giannasi
Rehabilitation Sciences Master s Program Nove de Julho University, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 137:548-51. 2010..We report on the use of an oral appliance fitted to a few maxillary and mandibular teeth to treat obstructive sleep apnea syndrome...
- Systematic assessment of the impact of oral appliance therapy on the temporomandibular joint during treatment of obstructive sleep apnea: long-term evaluationLílian C Giannasi
Institute of Research and Development IP and D, University of Vale do Paraiba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sleep Breath 13:375-81. 2009..A further aim of the study was to evaluate the presence of daytime sleepiness using the Epworth Sleep Scale (ESS) and otologic symptoms...
- Treatment of obstructive sleep apnea using an adjustable mandibular repositioning appliance fitted to a total prosthesis in a maxillary edentulous patientLilian Chrystiane Giannasi
IP and D Institute for Research and Development, University of Vale do Paraiba, Sao Jose dos Campos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sleep Breath 12:91-5. 2008..0 to 2.2 as well as increasing the minimum oxygen saturation (SaO2 nadir) from 83 to 92%, proving that the device remained in position during sleep...
- Observational study on efficacy of negative expiratory pressure test proposed as screening for obstructive sleep apnea syndrome among commercial interstate bus drivers--protocol studyRaquel P Hirata
Master s and Doctoral Degree Programs in Rehabilitation Sciences, Nove de Julho, University, Sao Paulo, Brazil
BMC Pulm Med 11:57. 2011..2 s during the application of negative expiratory pressure (NEP) are associated with the presence and severity of OSA in a population of professional interstate bus drivers who travel medium and long distances...