Carla Raquel Fontana
- The effect of blue light on periodontal biofilm growth in vitroCarla R Fontana
Applied Molecular Photomedicine Laboratory, Department of Applied Oral Sciences, The Forsyth Institute, 245 First Street, Cambridge, MA, 02142, USA
Lasers Med Sci 30:2077-86. 2015..The cumulative blue light treatment suppressed biofilm growth in vitro. This may introduce a new avenue of prophylactic treatment for periodontal diseases...
- Low-level laser therapy in pediatric Bell's palsy: case report in a three-year-old childCarla Raquel Fontana
Department of Clinical Analysis, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Univ Estadual Paulista UNESP, Araraquara, SP, Brazil
J Altern Complement Med 19:376-82. 2013..The objective of this study was to apply low-level laser therapy (LLLT) to accelerate the recovery process of a child patient with Bell's palsy (BP)...
- Safety assessment of oral photodynamic therapy in ratsCarla R Fontana
Department of Clinical Analysis, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo State Unesp, 1621 Expedicionarios do Brasil Street, Araraquara, Sau Paulo, 14801 960, Brazil
Lasers Med Sci 28:479-86. 2013..The results suggest that there is a therapeutic window where PDT with Photogem®, Photodithazine®, MB, and MB-loaded PLGA nanoparticles could safely target oral pathogenic bacteria without damaging normal oral tissue...
- A 12-month follow-up of hypopigmentation after laser hair removalCarla Raquel Fontana
Departamento de Analises Clinicas, Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, Univ Estadual Paulista, Rua Expedicionários do Brasil 1621, Araraquara, SP, 14801 960, Brasil
J Cosmet Laser Ther 15:80-4. 2013..The effectiveness of laser hair reduction depends on many variables, including the skin type of the patient...
- Endodontic antimicrobial photodynamic therapy: safety assessment in mammalian cell culturesYan Xu
Applied Molecular Photomedicine Laboratory, The Forsyth Institute, Boston, MA 02115 3799, USA
J Endod 35:1567-72. 2009....
- Photodynamic therapy for endodontic disinfectionNikolaos S Soukos
Applied Molecular Photomedicine Laboratory, The Forsyth Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115 3799, USA
J Endod 32:979-84. 2006..We conclude that PDT may be developed as an adjunctive procedure to kill residual bacteria in the root canal system after standard endodontic treatment...
- Evaluation of chitosan gel as antibiotic and photosensitizer deliveryCarla Raquel Fontana
Department of Periodontology, School of Dentistry at Araraquara, UNESP Araraquara, SP, Brazil
Drug Deliv 15:417-22. 2008..In summary, our results show that pure and doped chitosan gel may have potential application for antimicrobial action, being an excellent alternative when local control of the drug administration, provided by the gel, is required...
- Effects of photodynamic therapy with blue light and curcumin as mouth rinse for oral disinfection: a randomized controlled trialDiego Portes Vieira Leite
1 Department of Biomedical Engineering from University of Camilo Castelo Branco UNICASTELO São José dos Campos, SP, Brazil
Photomed Laser Surg 32:627-32. 2014..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of the antimicrobial photodynamic therapy (a-PDT) with blue light and curcumin on oral disinfection during the 2 h after treatment...