- Prevalence and correlates of dizziness in community-dwelling older people: a cross sectional population based studySuzana Albuquerque de Moraes
Physical Therapy Department, City of Sao Paulo University, Sao Paulo, Brazil
BMC Geriatr 13:4. 2013....
- Physical activity monitoring: a responsive and meaningful patient-centered outcome for surgery, chemotherapy, or radiotherapy?Eduardo Ferriolli
Clinical and Surgical Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Royal Infirmary Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
J Pain Symptom Manage 43:1025-35. 2012..In surgical and clinical oncology, there is a growing need for patient-centered outcomes that are responsive, meaningful, and fit for purpose...
- Under-reporting of food intake is frequent among Brazilian free-living older persons: a doubly labelled water studyEduardo Ferriolli
Division of General Internal and Geriatric Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 24:506-10. 2010..7%. Thus, under-reporting of food intake is highly prevalent among Brazilian independent older persons. The DLW method is an important tool in nutritional studies and its use is to be recommended in developing countries...
- Underreporting of energy intake in Brazilian women varies according to dietary assessment: a cross-sectional study using doubly labeled waterFernanda B Scagliusi
Department of Nutrition, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Am Diet Assoc 108:2031-40. 2008..Our objective is to compare validity of self-reported energy intake obtained by three dietary assessment methods with total energy expenditure (TEE) obtained by doubly labeled water (DLW) among Brazilian women...
- Effect of a single session of aerobic walking exercise on arterial pressure in community-living elderly individualsLeandra G Lima
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Hypertens Res 35:457-62. 2012..The variable-time pattern was more effective in detecting reductions in BP than the fixed-time pattern...
- Under-reporting of energy intake is more prevalent in a healthy dietary pattern clusterFernanda B Scagliusi
Laboratory of Nutrition and Applied Metabolism, Department of Biodynamics, School of Physical Education and Sport, University of Sao Paulo, Av Prof Mello Moraes 65, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Br J Nutr 100:1060-8. 2008..This cluster is more consistent with both dietary guidelines and with what lay individuals usually consider 'healthy eating'...
- Under-reporting of food intake and body fatness in independent older people: a doubly labelled water studyKarina Pfrimer
Division of General Internal and Geriatric Medicine, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Avenida Bandeirantes, 3900, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo 14049 900, Brazil
Age Ageing 44:103-8. 2015..There is controversy about which dietary assessment method and what person's characteristics are associated with greater under-reporting rates...
- Obese elderly women exhibit low postural stability: a novel three-dimensional evaluation systemJosé Ailton O Carneiro
Universidade de Sao Paulo, Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirao Preto, Department of Internal Medicine, SP, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 67:475-81. 2012..The aim of this study was to evaluate the multisegmental static postural balance of active eutrophic and obese elderly women using a three-dimensional system under different sensory conditions...
- Calibration of the food list and portion sizes of a food frequency questionnaire applied to free-living elderly peopleKarina Pfrimer
Division of General Internal and Geriatric Medicine, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Nutrition 29:760-4. 2013..To calibrate the food list and relative portion sizes of a food frequency questionnaire (FFQ) for application to a free-living, healthy, elderly population...
- Liposuction induces a compensatory increase of visceral fat which is effectively counteracted by physical activity: a randomized trialFabiana Benatti
School of Physical Education and Sport, University of Sao Paulo, 05025 010 Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:2388-95. 2012..Liposuction is suggested to result in long-term body fat regain that could lead to increased cardiometabolic risk. We hypothesized that physical activity could prevent this effect...
- Deuterium equilibrium time in saliva of newborn infantsLuis Angelo Marti Traver
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 48:471-4. 2009..To ensure the success of total body water analysis by the deuterium dilution method, it is fundamental to determine the equilibrium time (plateau) of deuterium in the body fluid studied...
- Association of frailty syndrome in the elderly with higher blood pressure and other cardiovascular risk factorsRachel Gabriel Bastos-Barbosa
Division of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Sao Paulo FMRP USP, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Am J Hypertens 25:1156-61. 2012..The objective of the present study was to assess the cardiovascular risk factors of subjects with frailty syndrome with emphasis on BP, as compared with individuals without frailty or with prefrailty...
- Balance and aerobic capacity of independent elderly: a longitudinal cohort studyGiovanna A Lima
Division of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Rev Bras Fisioter 15:272-7. 2011..To evaluate the variation in aerobic capacity and postural balance of independents elderly for a period of three years...
- The effect of different volumes of acute resistance exercise on elderly individuals with treated hypertensionLuria M L Scher
Department of Internal Medicine, Ribeirao Preto School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Strength Cond Res 25:1016-23. 2011..However, only the highest volume promoted a reduction of mean 24-hour and awake systolic BP...
- Underreporting of energy intake in developing nationsFernanda B Scagliusi
Department of Biodynamics, School of Physical Education and Sport, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Nutr Rev 64:319-30. 2006..A panorama of underreporting and its implications in developing nations is discussed and future directions for research are identified...