Regina Célia de Souza Campos Fernandes
- Perinephric and renal abscesses in children: a study of three casesRegina Célia de Souza Campos Fernandes
Department of Pediatrics, Hospital Ferreira Machado, Campos dos Goytacazes, RJ, Brazil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 44:341-4. 2002..The importance of ultrasound and computerized tomography (CT) in prompt diagnosis is highlighted in this work. The use of these methods along the improved antimicrobial therapy may result in decrease in mortality due to this pathology...
- [Prevention of vertical HIV transmission in Campos dos Goytacazes, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil]Regina Célia de Souza Campos Fernandes
Programa Municipal de DST AIDS de Campos dos Goytacazes, Campos dos Goytacazes, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 21:1153-9. 2005..Such actions are expected to change the current situation, in which only 6.8% of infected children under observation had access to prophylaxis for vertical HIV transmission...
- Reduced rate of adverse reactions to the BCG vaccine in children exposed to the vertical transmission of HIV infection and in HIV-infected children from an endemic setting in BrazilRegina Célia de Souza Campos Fernandes
Municipal Program for the Surveillance of Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome of Campos dos Goytacazes, Rua Conselheiro Otaviano 214, Campos dos Goytacazes, RJ, 28010 140, Brazil
Eur J Pediatr 168:691-6. 2009..Among the HIV-infected children, the accrued benefits of potentially preventing severe TB outweighed the risks associated with the use of the BCG vaccine...
- Vertical transmission of HIV and toxoplasma by reactivation in a chronically infected womanRegina Célia de Souza Campos Fernandes
Municipal Program for the Surveillance of Sexually Transmitted Diseases and AIDS, Campos dos Goytacazes, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 13:70-1. 2009....
- Persistent operational challenges lead to non-reduction in maternal-infant transmission of HIVRegina Célia de Souza Campos Fernandes
Faculdade de Medicina de Campos, Campos dos Goytacazes, RJ, Brazil
J Pediatr (Rio J) 86:503-8. 2010..To determine impediments to the effective reduction of maternal-infant transmission of HIV in the municipality of Campos dos Goytacazes, RJ, Brazil...
- BCG-itis in two antiretroviral-treated HIV-infected infantsR C de Souza Campos Fernandes
Municipal Program for the Surveillance of Sexually Transmitted Diseases and AIDS, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Int J STD AIDS 21:662-3. 2010..Isoniazid (10 mg/kg/day) was offered until regression of adenopathies, and lesions were not handled...