Renato B Fagundes
- p53 protein in esophageal mucosa of individuals at high risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagusR B Fagundes
Gastroenterology Service, Pathology Department of the Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, RS, Brazil
Dis Esophagus 14:185-90. 2001..Follow-up studies of these asymptomatic subjects and molecular analysis of the p53 gene are needed to clarify this point...
- Esophageal tuberculosisR B Fagundes
Serviço de Gastroenterologia do Hospital Universitario, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, Santa Maria, RS, Brazil
Endoscopy 39:E149. 2007
- Higher urine 1-hydroxy pyrene glucuronide (1-OHPG) is associated with tobacco smoke exposure and drinking maté in healthy subjects from Rio Grande do Sul, BrazilRenato B Fagundes
Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, Departamento de Clinica Medica, Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Santa Maria, RS, Brazil
BMC Cancer 6:139. 2006..The aims of the current study were to investigate the degree and sources of PAH exposure of the inhabitants of this region of southern Brazil...
- p53 immunoexpression: an aid to conventional methods in the screening of precursor lesions of squamous esophageal cancer in patients at high-risk?Renato B Fagundes
Gastroenterology Service, Medicine School of the Federal University of Santa Maria, Brazil
Cancer Detect Prev 29:227-32. 2005....
- Detecting p53 immunoexpression in esophageal mucosa with exfoliative cytology in individuals at risk for squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagusAntônio B Lopes
Emergency Unit, Gastroenterology Service, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Acta Cytol 54:31-8. 2010..To determine the prevalence of p53 expression in cytologic smear collected by the RS Balloon in high-risk individuals, and test its yield in the cytologic screening of squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus (SCCE)...
- Gastric adenocarcinoma trends in the central region of Rio Grande do Sul (Southern Brazil): what has changed in 25 years?Alexandre Rampazzo
Departamento de Clinica Medica, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, RS, Brazil
Arq Gastroenterol 49:178-83. 2012..Rio Grande do Sul state, in Southern Brazil, has similar figures. The main histological type of gastric cancer is adenocarcinoma...
- The influence of genetic polymorphisms in Ahr, CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, GST M1, GST T1 and UGT1A1 on urine 1-hydroxypyrene glucuronide concentrations in healthy subjects from Rio Grande do Sul, BrazilChristian C Abnet
Nutritional Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, 6120 Executive Boulevard, EPS 320, MSC 7232, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Carcinogenesis 28:112-7. 2007..10; and a model combining both exposure and genotype information had a total r2 of 0.33. Our results suggest that CYP1B1 genotypes are strongly associated with urine 1-OHPG concentrations in this population...
- pRB expression in esophageal mucosa of individuals at high risk for squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagusSimone S Contu
Post Graduate Program in Surgery, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Casemiro de Abreu, 900 302 Porto Alegre RS 90420 000, Brazil
World J Gastroenterol 13:1728-31. 2007..To investigate the pRb expression in a large group of patients with history of chronic exposure to the main risk factors for development of squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus...
- High levels of carcinogenic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in mate drinksFarin Kamangar
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:1262-8. 2008..We conducted this study to determine whether drinking mate could lead to substantial exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH), including known carcinogens, such as benzo[a]pyrene...
- Nutrient patterns and risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus: a factor analysis in uruguayEduardo De Stefani
Grupo de Epidemiologia, Departamento de Anatomia Patologica, Hospital de Clinicas, Facultad de Medicina, Montevideo, Uruguay
Anticancer Res 28:2499-506. 2008..Squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus is a common disease, with an age-standardized incidence rate of 55 cases per 100,000 persons in the northern counties of Uruguay. These rates are comparable to those observed in Iran and China...