Sandro C Esteves
- Esteves S. Microdissection testicular sperm extraction (micro-TESE) as a sperm acquisition method for men with nonobstructive azoospermia seeking fertility: operative and laboratory aspects. Int Braz J Urol. 2013;39:440; discussion 441 pubmed publisher..Micro-TESE allowed the identification and extraction of sperm-containing STs with minimum tissue excision and marked reduction in time processing of testicular specimens for sperm injection. ..
- Miyaoka R, Orosz J, Achermann A, Esteves S. Methods of surgical sperm extraction and implications for ART success. Panminerva Med. 2018;: pubmed publisher..For the second part, we present and critically discuss the evidence concerning the success of ICSI using non-ejaculated sperm and the consequences of this approach to the health of resulting offspring. ..
- Sharma R, Ahmad G, Esteves S, Agarwal A. Terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase dUTP nick end labeling (TUNEL) assay using bench top flow cytometer for evaluation of sperm DNA fragmentation in fertility laboratories: protocol, reference values, and quality control. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2016;33:291-300 pubmed publisher..The results of this test could identify infertile men whose sperm DNA fragmentation does not contribute to their infertility and confirm that a man who tests positive is likely to be infertile due to elevated sperm DNA fragmentation. ..
- Esteves S. Novel concepts in male factor infertility: clinical and laboratory perspectives. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2016;33:1319-1335 pubmed..Lastly, we critically discuss the current management of men with nonobstructive azoospermia seeking fertility and the new opportunities that emerged to help these men achieve biological fatherhood. ..
- Esteves S, Miyaoka R, Agarwal A. Surgical treatment of male infertility in the era of intracytoplasmic sperm injection - new insights. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2011;66:1463-78 pubmed..New insights are provided with regard to each surgical treatment option in view of the availability of assisted conception to overcome male infertility. ..
- Esteves S, Roque M, Bradley C, Garrido N. Reproductive outcomes of testicular versus ejaculated sperm for intracytoplasmic sperm injection among men with high levels of DNA fragmentation in semen: systematic review and meta-analysis. Fertil Steril. 2017;108:456-467.e1 pubmed publisher..Infertile couples may benefit from Testi-ICSI if male partners have confirmed high SDF in the ejaculate. ..
- Esteves S, Glina S. Recovery of spermatogenesis after microsurgical subinguinal varicocele repair in azoospermic men based on testicular histology. Int Braz J Urol. 2005;31:541-8 pubmed..Analyze whether testicular histologic patterns from a group of azoospermic men with varicocele is predictive of treatment outcome after subinguinal microsurgical varicocele repair...
- Esteves S, Miyaoka R, Agarwal A. Sperm retrieval techniques for assisted reproduction. Int Braz J Urol. 2011;37:570-83 pubmed..Lastly, we summarize the results from the current literature of sperm retrieval, as well as the clinical outcome of ICSI in the clinical scenario of obstructive and nonobstructive azoospermia. ..