Leandro Luongo de Matos
- Expression of CK-19, galectin-3 and HBME-1 in the differentiation of thyroid lesions: systematic review and diagnostic meta-analysisLeandro Luongo de Matos
Biochemistry Department Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Santo Andre, Brazil
Diagn Pathol 7:97. 2012..The aim of the present article was to establish the diagnostic accuracy of CK-19, Gal-3 and HBME-1 markers, as well as their associations, in the differentiation of malignant and benign thyroid lesions...
- Cushing's syndrome secondary to bronchopulmonary carcinoid tumor: report of two cases and literature reviewLeandro Luongo de Matos
School of Medicine, ABC s Foundation, Santo Andre, Brazil
Lung Cancer 53:381-6. 2006..Neither of these patients had hypophysary microadenomas, adrenal adenomas or recurrence of CS after surgical treatment, demonstrating that CS was caused solely by the presence of the bronchopulmonary carcinoid tumors...
- Immunohistochemistry quantification by a digital computer-assisted method compared to semiquantitative analysisLeandro Luongo de Matos
Biochemistry Department, Molecular Biology Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, ABC Foundation, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 61:417-24. 2006..To compare immunostaining quantification obtained by a digital computer-assisted method with the well-established semiquantitative analysis...
- Immunohistochemistry as an important tool in biomarkers detection and clinical practiceLeandro Luongo de Matos
Biochemistry Department, Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Santo Andre, SP, Brazil Email
Biomark Insights 5:9-20. 2010..In order to achieve this goal a collaboration and pooling of knowledge from both of these valuable medical areas is vital...
- Angiogenesis as an indicator of metastatic potential in papillary thyroid carcinomaElaine Stabenow
Head and Neck Surgery Department and Pathology Department, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 60:233-40. 2005..Angiogenesis is new blood vessel formation, a process that can lead to tumor development. Microvessel count has been correlated to metastasis in some neoplasias...
- Heparanase-2 expression in normal ovarian epithelium and in benign and malignant ovarian tumorsJoel Pereira de Moura
Department of Gynecology, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Gynecol Cancer 19:1494-500. 2009..Several papers have associated the expression of heparanase 1 with various malignant tumors. Heparanase 2 is probably related to loss of cell adhesion...
- [Pulmonary hamartoma as a differential diagnosis of breast cancer metastasis: case report]Vanessa Assis da Silva
Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Santo Andre, SP, Brasil
J Bras Pneumol 33:738-42. 2007..5% present primary lung cancer, and 13.5% present benign lesions, including hamartoma...
- Heparanase expression in circulating lymphocytes of breast cancer patients depends on the presence of the primary tumor and/or systemic metastasisThérèse Rachell Theodoro
Departamento de Bioquimica, Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Neoplasia 9:504-10. 2007..The results suggest that there is a tumor-inducing effect on heparanase expression by lymphocytes present in the PBMCs of breast cancer patients, which depends, in turn, on the interaction between a tumor and normal lymphocytes...