Cesar de Almeida Neto
- Profile of blood donors with serologic tests reactive for the presence of syphilis in São Paulo, BrazilCesar de Almeida Neto
Fundação Pró Sangue Hemocentro de São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Transfusion 49:330-6. 2009..The aim of this study was to determine the demographic characteristics and risk behaviors of blood donors with recent and past syphilis and their implications for blood bank testing and deferral strategies...
- Prevalence of serologic markers for hepatitis B and C viruses in Brazilian blood donors and incidence and residual risk of transfusion transmission of hepatitis C virusCesar de Almeida-Neto
Fundação Pró Sangue Hemocentro de São Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Transfusion 53:827-34. 2013..We evaluate the current prevalence of serologic markers for hepatitis B virus (HBV) and hepatitis C virus (HCV) in blood donors and estimated HCV incidence and residual transfusion-transmitted risk at three large Brazilian blood centers...
- Interdonation intervals and patterns of return among blood donors in BrazilCesar de Almeida Neto
Fundação Pró Sangue Hemocentro de São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Transfusion 52:722-8. 2012..In Brazil, most donations come from repeat donors, but there are little data on return behavior of donors...
- Risk factors for human immunodeficiency virus infection among blood donors in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and their relevance to current donor deferral criteriaCesar de Almeida Neto
Pro Blood Foundation, Blood Center of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Transfusion 47:608-14. 2007..The objective of this study was to investigate risk factors of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-seropositive blood donors in Brazil and to determine if current donor deferral criteria are appropriate...
- Demographic characteristics and prevalence of serologic markers among blood donors who use confidential unit exclusion (CUE) in São Paulo, Brazil: implications for modification of CUE policies in BrazilCesar de Almeida-Neto
Fundação Pró Sangue, Blood Center of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Transfusion 51:191-7. 2011....
- REF: The biological meaning of anti-HBc positive result in blood donors: relation to HBV-DNA and to other serological markersCesar de Almeida Neto
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 46:118. 2004