Paulo Jannuzzi Cunha
- [Neurocognitive assessment in alcohol abuse and dependence: implications for treatment]Paulo J Cunha
Grupo Interdisciplinar de Estudos de Alcool e Drogas GREA, Instituto e Departamento de Psiquiatria, Faculdade de Medicina, USP, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 26:S23-7. 2004..15. Neuropsychological Assessment is useful for early detection of impairments and evaluation of their evolution and Cognitive Rehabilitation has a significant role on deficits recovery and psychosocial adjustment of these patients...
- Cannabis use, cognition and brain structure in first-episode psychosisPaulo Jannuzzi Cunha
Laboratory of Psychiatric Neuroimaging LIM 21, Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Rua Dr Ovidio Pires de Campos, S N, 05403 010 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Schizophr Res 147:209-15. 2013..Cannabis-using patients who develop psychosis have less neurodevelopmental impairment and better cognitive reserve than other psychotic patients; perhaps reflecting different etiological processes...
- [Neuropsychological impairments in crack cocaine-dependent inpatients: preliminary findings]Paulo J Cunha
Grupo Interdisciplinar de Estudos de Alcool e Drogas GREA, Departamento e Instituto de Psiquiatria, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 26:103-6. 2004..Although cocaine use is a significant public health problem, there is relative paucity of scientific data on long-term neurocognitive consequences of the exposure to the substance...
- The frontal assessment battery (FAB) reveals neurocognitive dysfunction in substance-dependent individuals in distinct executive domains: Abstract reasoning, motor programming, and cognitive flexibilityPaulo Jannuzzi Cunha
Department and Institute of Psychiatry, University of Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Addict Behav 35:875-81. 2010..The results suggested a negative impact of alcohol, cannabis, and cocaine use on the ECF. The FAB may be useful in assisting professionals as an instrument to screen for ECF-related deficits in SDI...
- Decision-making deficits linked to real-life social dysfunction in crack cocaine-dependent individualsPaulo Jannuzzi Cunha
Interdisciplinary Group of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs, Institute and Department of Psychiatry, University of São Paulo College of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Addict 20:78-86. 2011..Social dysfunction and decision making may be linked to the same underlying prefrontal dysfunction, but the nature of this association should be further investigated. ..
- Frontal Assessment Battery (FAB) is a simple tool for detecting executive deficits in chronic cannabis usersMaria Alice Fontes
LiNC Laboratório Interdisciplinar de Neurociências Clínicas, Departamento de Psiquiatria, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 33:523-31. 2011..In the present study, the Frontal Assessment Battery (FAB), a brief, easy to use neuropsychological instrument aimed to evaluate EF, was used to evaluate cognitive functioning of CCU...
- The association between low alcohol use and traffic risk behaviors among Brazilian college studentsPriscila Dib Gonçalves
Interdisciplinary Group of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs, Institute of, Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Alcohol 46:673-9. 2012..These data suggest that targeted interventions should be implemented in order to prevent negative consequences due to alcohol use in this population...
- Cannabis use before age 15 and subsequent executive functioningMaria Alice Fontes
Laboratório Interdisciplinar de Neurociências Clínicas and Unidade de Pesquisas em Álcool e Drogas, Departamento de Psiquiatria, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Br J Psychiatry 198:442-7. 2011..However, few large studies have measured differences in cognitive performance between chronic cannabis users who started in early adolescence (before age 15) with those who started later...