- Prevalence of International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision common mental disorders in the elderly in a Brazilian community: The Bambui Health Ageing StudyErico Costa
Public Health and Ageing Research Group, Federal University of Minas Gerais Medical School and Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, René Rachou Research Institute, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 15:17-27. 2007..In this study of an older Brazilian population, the authors investigated the prevalence and correlates of common mental disorders with semistructured interviews administered by a psychiatrist...
- Prevalence of depressive symptoms and syndromes in later life in ten European countries: the SHARE studyE Castro-Costa
Section of Epidemiology, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, De Crespigny Park, London, UK
Br J Psychiatry 191:393-401. 2007..The EURO-D, a12-item self-report questionnaire for depression, was developed with the aim of facilitating cross-cultural research into late-life depression in Europe...
- Ascertaining late-life depressive symptoms in Europe: an evaluation of the survey version of the EURO-D scale in 10 nations. The SHARE projectErico Castro-Costa
Institute of Psychiatry, Department of Health Services and Population Research, King s College London, London, UK
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 17:12-29. 2008..The Affective Suffering sub-component had more robust cross-cultural validity than the Motivation sub-component...
- Is the GDS-30 better than the GHQ-12 for screening depression in elderly people in the community? The Bambui Health Aging Study (BHAS)Erico Costa
Public Health and Aging Research Group, Federal University of Minas Gerais Medical School and Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, René Rachou Research Institute, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Int Psychogeriatr 18:493-503. 2006..Two-phase diagnostic surveys are popular in psychiatric epidemiology. The Geriatric Depression Scale (GDS) and the General Health Questionnaire (GHQ) are commonly used to screen in older and younger populations, respectively...
- Cross-cultural validation of the Chalder Fatigue Questionnaire in Brazilian primary careHyong Jin Cho
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
J Psychosom Res 62:301-4. 2007..The Chalder Fatigue Questionnaire (CFQ) is an instrument used to measure physical and mental fatigue. We translated and adapted the questionnaire and tested its reliability and validity in a Brazilian primary care setting...