- Existence of a potential neurogenic system in the adult human brainAdriano Barreto Nogueira
Division of Neurosurgery Clinic, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Avenida Dr, Enéas de Carvalho Aguiar 255, 05403 900 Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Transl Med 12:75. 2014..The existence of adult human neurogenic niches is controversial...
- Novel ruthenium - gamma-linolenic acid complex inhibits C6 rat glioma cell proliferation in vitro and in the orthotopic C6 model in vivo after osmotic pump infusionJuliano Andreoli Miyake
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, CEP 05508 900, SP, Brazil
Anticancer Res 34:1901-11. 2014..The present study reports on the anti-proliferative properties and effects on tumour morphology of a novel diruthenium-GLA complex (Ru2GLA) and its comparison with GLA in the C6 rat glioma model both in vitro and in vivo...
- E series prostaglandins alter the proliferative, apoptotic and migratory properties of T98G human glioma cells in vitroRenata N Gomes
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Lipids Health Dis 11:171. 2012..However in gliomas the role of this prostanoid is poorly understood. Here, we report on the proliferative, migratory, and apoptotic effects of PGE(1), PGE(2) and Ibuprofen (IBP) observed in the T98G human glioma cell line in vitro...
- Gamma-linolenic acid inhibits both tumour cell cycle progression and angiogenesis in the orthotopic C6 glioma model through changes in VEGF, Flt1, ERK1/2, MMP2, cyclin D1, pRb, p53 and p27 protein expressionJuliano Andreoli Miyake
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Biomedical Sciences Institute, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Lipids Health Dis 8:8. 2009..The aim of the present study was to determine the mechanisms by which gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) osmotic pump infusion alters glioma cell proliferation, and whether it affects cell cycle control and angiogenesis in the C6 glioma in vivo...
- Eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid effects on tumour mitochondrial metabolism, acyl CoA metabolism and cell proliferationA Colquhoun
Departamento de Histologia e Embriologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Cell Biochem Funct 19:97-105. 2001..The involvement of changes in mitochondrial membrane composition and membrane potential have been indicated for both EPA and DHA, while changes in lipid peroxidation have been identified in the presence of EPA but not of DHA...
- gamma-Linolenic acid and eicosapentaenoic acid induce modifications in mitochondrial metabolism, reactive oxygen species generation, lipid peroxidation and apoptosis in Walker 256 rat carcinosarcoma cellsA Colquhoun
Departamento de Histologia e Embriologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Biochim Biophys Acta 1533:207-19. 2001....
- Lipids, mitochondria and cell death: implications in neuro-oncologyAlison Colquhoun
Laboratory of Tumour Cell Metabolism, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Biomedical Sciences Institute, University of Sao Paulo, Avenida Prof Lineu Prestes 1524, CEP 05508 900, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Mol Neurobiol 42:76-88. 2010..A better understanding of the metabolism of fatty acids and eicosanoids in primary brain tumours such as gliomas and their influence on energy balance will be fundamental to the possible targeting of mitochondria in tumour treatment...
- Induction of apoptosis by polyunsaturated fatty acids and its relationship to fatty acid inhibition of carnitine palmitoyltransferase I activity in Hep2 cellsA Colquhoun
Departamento de Histologia e Embriologia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brasil
Biochem Mol Biol Int 45:331-6. 1998....
- Modifications in mitochondrial metabolism and ultrastructure and their relationship to tumour growth inhibition by gamma-linolenic acidA Colquhoun
Departamento de Histologia e Embriologia, , , , Brasil
Mol Cell Biochem 218:13-20. 2001....
- Evidence for the involvement of polyunsaturated fatty acids in the regulation of long-chain acyl CoA thioesterases and peroxisome proliferation in rat carcinosarcomaK L Ramos
Departamento de Histologia e Embriologia, , , Brasil
Cell Biochem Funct 19:1-9. 2001....
- Metabolic fate and effects of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids in Hep2 human larynx tumor cellsA Colquhoun
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Biochem Mol Biol Int 41:597-607. 1997..These findings suggest that certain fatty acids not only play a structural role in cellular metabolism, but may also have a potential regulatory role in the glycolytic pathway of Hep2 cells...
- Mitochondrial swelling and incipient outer membrane rupture in preapoptotic and apoptotic cellsA Sesso
Setor de Biologia Estrutural, Laboratorio de Imunopatologia, Instituto de Medicina Tropical, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 295:1647-59. 2012..No channel within the outer membrane can expose to the cytoplasm a permeable inner membrane, because it would serve as a conduit for local herniation of the mitochondrial matrix...