Margaret de Castro
- [Rare forms of female pseudohermaphroditism: when to investigate?]Margaret de Castro
Divisão de Endocrinologia, Departamento de Clinica Medica, Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirao Preto, USP, SP
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 49:126-37. 2005....
- Glucocorticoid resistance in dialysis patients may impair the kidney allograft outcomeSergio R De Antonio
Margaret de Castro, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Avenida dos Bandeirantes, 3900, 14049 900, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil Tel 55 16 3602 2940 Fax 55 16 3633 6695 E mail
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:1422-8. 2008..03) as well as of CAN (OR 16.5, P = 0.01). In conclusion, we observed glucocorticoid resistance in a subgroup of CRF patients undergoing dialysis, which led to a higher morbidity due to ARE and CAN in an 18-month follow-up period...
- Screening and diagnosis of Cushing's syndromeMargaret de Castro
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 51:1191-8. 2007..Late-night salivary cortisol appears to be the most useful screening test. UFC and DST should be performed to provide further confirmation of the diagnosis...
- Surgical management of pediatric Cushing's disease: an analysis of 15 consecutive cases at a specialized neurosurgical centerRicardo Santos de Oliveira
Divisão de Neurocirurgia Pediátrica, Departamento de Cirurgia e Anatomia, Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brasil
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 54:17-23. 2010..The aim of this study was to review the results of surgery for pediatric patients with Cushing's disease who were less than 18 years old and underwent transsphenoidal surgery in a specialized center during a 25-year period...
- [Multicentric study of Brazilian patients with 21-hydroxylase deficiency: a genotype-phenotype correlation]Tania A S S Bachega
Departamento de Clinica Medica, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 48:697-704. 2004....
- [11beta-hydroxylase deficiency]Maricilda Palandi Mello
Centro de Biologia Molecular e Engenharia Genetica, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, SP
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 48:713-23. 2004..Mutations in the CYP11B1 gene are responsible for the disease. Biochemical and molecular characteristics of the enzyme and their implications in the clinical presentation of 11beta-hydroxylase deficiency are reviewed here...
- [Anti-inflammatory and anti-proliferative effects of glucocorticoids: is it an agreement or disagreement?]Margaret de Castro
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 49:334-6. 2005