Robson Francisco Carvalho
- Heart failure increases atrogin-1 and MuRF1 gene expression in skeletal muscle with fiber type-specific atrophyRobson Francisco Carvalho
Department of Morphology, Institute of Biosciences, UNESP Sao Paulo State University, 18618 000, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
J Mol Histol 41:81-7. 2010..In conclusion, we showed that HF induces fiber type IIB specific atrophy, up-regulating atrogin-1 and MuRF1 mRNA expression in EDL muscle of monocrotaline treated rats...
- Food restriction impairs myocardial inotropic response to calcium and beta-adrenergic stimulation in spontaneously hypertensive ratsAna Lucia Gut
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, State University Júlio Mesquita Filho UNESP, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Nutr Res 28:722-7. 2008..In conclusion, long-term FR promotes impairment of myocardial inotropic response to calcium and beta-adrenergic stimulation in SHRs...
- Severe food restriction induces myocardial dysfunction related to SERCA2 activityMario Mateus Sugizaki
Department of Clinical and Cardiology, School of Medicine, UNESP State University Júlio Mesquita Filho, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 87:666-73. 2009..These results suggest that food restriction promotes myocardial dysfunction related to impairment of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ uptake as a result of a hypothyroid state...
- Quantitative expression of myogenic regulatory factors MyoD and myogenin in pacu (Piaractus mesopotamicus) skeletal muscle during growthFernanda Losi Alves de Almeida
UNESP, Institute of Biosciences, Department of Morphology, 18618 000, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Micron 41:997-1004. 2010..In this study, the 180 dph pacu could represent an interesting phase to investigate suitable strategies in commercial fish production focusing on skeletal muscle growth improvement to raise healthy, fast-growing fish...
- Growth hormone attenuates skeletal muscle changes in experimental chronic heart failureDenis Pioli dos Santos
Department of Morphology, Bioscience Institute, Sao Paulo State University, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Growth Horm IGF Res 20:149-55. 2010..This study evaluated the effects of growth hormone (GH) on morphology and myogenic regulatory factors (MRF) gene expression in skeletal muscle of rats with ascending aortic stenosis (AAS) induced chronic heart failure...
- Heart failure alters MyoD and MRF4 expressions in rat skeletal muscleRobson Francisco Carvalho
Departamento de Morfologia, UNESP, Botucatu, , Brazil
Int J Exp Pathol 87:219-25. 2006..Taken together, our results show a potential role for MRFs in skeletal muscle myopathy during HF...
- Exercise training increases myocardial inotropic response in food restricted ratsMario Mateus Sugizaki
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, , Mesquita Filho, UNESP, Botucatu, , Brazil
Int J Cardiol 112:191-201. 2006..In conclusion, the exercise training in severe restriction caused marked myocardial dysfunction at basal condition but increased myocardial response to inotropic stimulation...
- Heart failure alters matrix metalloproteinase gene expression and activity in rat skeletal muscleRobson Francisco Carvalho
Departamento de Morfologia, UNESP, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Exp Pathol 87:437-43. 2006..Heart failure increased MMP9 mRNA expression and activity in SOL, EDL and DIA and MMP2 mRNA expression in DIA. These results suggest that MMP changes may contribute to the skeletal muscle myopathy during heart failure...
- Differential morphofunctional characteristics and gene expression in fast and slow muscle of rats with monocrotaline-induced heart failureRaquel Santilone Bertaglia
Department of Morphology, Institute of Biosciences, UNESP, Sao Paulo State University, 18618 000 Botucatu, SP, Brazil
J Mol Histol 42:205-15. 2011..Although further experiments are required to better determine the mechanisms involved in HF pathophysiology, our results contribute to understanding the muscle-specific changes that occur in this syndrome...
- Myocardial dysfunction induced by food restriction is related to morphological damage in normotensive middle-aged ratsMario Mateus Sugizaki
Department of Internal Medicine- School of Medicine, Faculdade de Medicina de Botucatu, UNESP, , s/n, 18618-000, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
J Biomed Sci 12:641-9. 2005..In conclusion, cardiac muscle sensitivity to isoproterenol and elevation of extracellular calcium concentration is preserved in middle-aged FR rats. The intrinsic muscle performance depression might be related to morphological damage...
- Differential expression of myogenic regulatory factor MyoD in pacu skeletal muscle (Piaractus mesopotamicus Holmberg 1887: Serrasalminae, Characidae, Teleostei) during juvenile and adult growth phasesFernanda Losi Alves de Almeida
UNESP, Institute of Biosciences, Department of Morphology, 18618 000 Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Micron 39:1306-11. 2008..These results should provide a foundation for understanding the molecular control of skeletal muscle growth in economically important Brazilian species, with a view to improving production quality...
- Morphological aspects of neuromuscular junctions and gene expression of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs) in skeletal muscle of rats with heart failurePaula Aiello Tomé de Souza
Department of Morphology, Institute of Biosciences, UNESP, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Mol Histol 42:557-65. 2011..Our results suggest a remodeling of nAChR alpha1 and epsilon subunit during heart failure and may provide valuable information for understanding the skeletal muscle myopathy that occurs during this syndrome...
- Myosin heavy chain expression and atrophy in rat skeletal muscle during transition from cardiac hypertrophy to heart failureRobson Francisco Carvalho
Departamento de Morfologia, UNESP, Botucatu, , Brazil
Int J Exp Pathol 84:201-6. 2003....