Edenilson Eduardo Calore
- Protective effect of pralidoxime on muscle fiber necrosis induced by organophosphate compoundsM J Cavaliere
Instituto Adolfo Lutz, Divisão de Patologia, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 36:295-300. 1998..To determine the protective effect of pralidoxime on muscle fiber necrosis induced by organophosphate acute intoxication in rats...
- Non-isotopic in situ hybridization of HPV types in cervical intraepithelial lesions in patients with AIDSE E Calore
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Arch Gynecol Obstet 262:75-9. 1998..Of 5 Hi-CIN biopsies 3 were positive for HPV: one for HPV 6 and 2 for HPV 16 or 18. The total positivity was 56.8% (21/37). This result was similar to those obtained by various other authors studying the general population...
- Mitochondrial metabolism impairment in muscle fibres of rats chronically intoxicated with Senna occidentalis seedsE E Calore
Department of Pathology, Sao Paulo University Medical School, Brazil
Exp Toxicol Pathol 52:357-63. 2000..Our data indicate that a progressive mitochondrial metabolism impairment can be produced in rats fed S. occidentalis seeds and that this impairment can be correlated with the amount of ingested seeds...
- Salpingitis due to Entamoeba histolyticaE E Calore
Emilio Ribas Institute, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 6:97-9. 2002..Even though it is a rare disease the correct diagnosis of female genital tract amebiasis is of great importance for the indication of proper therapy...
- Bone marrow pathology in AIDSEdenilson Eduardo Calore
Emilio Ribas Institute of Infectology, Pathology Section, Av Dr Arnaldo 165, São Paulo 01246 902, Brazil
Pathol Res Pract 200:591-7. 2004..In conclusion, bone marrow biopsy should be performed to elucidate the etiology of cytopenias, secondary infections, and fever of undetermined origin in AIDS patients...
- Hodgkin lymphoma among patients infected with HIV in post-HAART eraPaula Yurie Tanaka
Hematology Section, Emilio Ribas Infectology Institute, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 7:364-8. 2007..Despite that, the best treatment option is undefined...
- P-glycoprotein expression in non-Hodgkin's lymphomas of human immunodeficiency virus infected patientsPaula Yurie Tanaka
Emilio Ribas Infectology Institute, Hematology Section, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Pathol Res Pract 203:1-7. 2007..2 months with DFS rates of 72.9% in three years. Our results show that P-gp is expressed before treatment of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of HIV patients, and is related to poor response to treatment and overall survival...
- [Outcome of treatment of anal squamous cell carcinoma and its precursor in HIV-infected patients]Sidney Roberto Nadal
Instituto de Infectologia Emilio Ribas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Rev Assoc Med Bras 53:365-9. 2007..The objective was to evaluate the follow-up of such patients to verify recurrences and evolution from HAIN to cancer. This is a report of cases treated at the "Instituto de Infectologia Emílio Ribas", Sao Paulo, Brazil...
- [Human papillomavirus oncogenicity and grade of anal intraepithelial neoplasia in HIV positive patients]Carmen Ruth Manzione
Seção de Patologia, Instituto de Infectologia Emilio Ribas, Sao Paulo, SP
Rev Assoc Med Bras 50:282-5. 2004..We identified HPV types by PCR (polimerase chain reaction) and histological examination to determine the AIN grade in 39 HIV positive males with anal condylomata acuminata...
- Evaluation of Langerhans cells counts comparing HIV-positive and negative anal squamous cell-carcinoma patientsSylvia Heloisa Arantes Cruz
FCMSCSP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 27:720-6. 2012..To investigate the differences in Langerhans cells (LCs) populations between HIV-positive and negative anal squamous cell carcinomas patients...
- [How far into the anal canal should the brush be introduced for more efficient cytological evaluation?]Sidney Roberto Nadal
Instituto de Infectologia Emilio Ribas, Sao Paulo, SP
Rev Assoc Med Bras 55:749-51. 2009..Possibly this is because there is no standard for how far the brush should be introduced into the anal canal. The aim was to evaluate whether the sampling site has an influence on the results of anal Pap smears...
- A prognostic score for AIDS-related diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in BrazilPaula Yurie Tanaka
Hematology Section, Instituto de Infectologia Emilio Ribas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ann Hematol 89:45-51. 2010....
- Effects of long-term administration of Senna occidentalis seeds in the large bowel of ratsSidney Roberto Nadal
Emilio Ribas Infectology Institute, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Pathol Res Pract 199:733-7. 2003....
- FOXP3(+) regulatory and TIA-1(+) cytotoxic T lymphocytes in HIV-associated Hodgkin lymphomaJunichi Kiyasu
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Kurume University, Japan
Pathol Int 62:77-83. 2012..In addition, although additional CD8(+) lymphocytes are probably not EBV-LMP specific cytotoxic T-cells, these lymphocytes may also well be involved in the pathogenesis of HIV-HL...
- Bone marrow biopsy in the diagnoses of infectious and non-infectious causes in patients with advanced HIV infectionPaula Yurie Tanaka
Instituto de Infectologia Emilio Ribas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Infect 54:362-6. 2007..The objective of this study was to evaluate the diagnostic yield of histopathological and microbiological investigations of bone marrow samples from HIV-infected patients with fever and/or cytopenias...
- Postoperative follow-up of anal condylomata acuminata in HIV-positive patientsCarmen Ruth Manzione
Department of Proctology, Emilio Ribas Infectious Diseases Institute, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Dis Colon Rectum 46:1358-65. 2003..The purpose of this study was to analyze the postoperative follow-up of HIV-positive patients with anal condylomata acuminata, associating recurrence to the AIDS status...
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma among patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus: the experience of a single center in BrazilPaula Yurie Tanaka
Section of Hematology, Emilio Ribas Infectology Institute, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Hematol 84:337-42. 2006..5%. Our results provide additional information regarding HIV-related lymphoma in Brazil...
- Dejerine-Sottas disease: a case reportJaqueline Luvisotto Marinho
Laboratory of Surgical and Experimental Pathology, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Mogi das Cruzes, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 121:207-9. 2003..They include Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, Dejerine-Sottas disease, congenital hypomyelinating neuropathy and hereditary neuropathy with liability to pressure palsy...
- Herpes simplex type 2 pneumoniaEdenilson Eduardo Calore
Emilio Ribas Institute, Biomedical Institute São Paulo University, SP, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 6:305-8. 2002..A direct consequence of these changes in pulmonary vasculature was pulmonary hypertension followed by heart failure...
- [Anal cytology for screening of pre-neoplasic lesions]Sidney Roberto Nadal
Proctologia e Patologia do Instituto de Infectologia Emílio Ribas, Sao Paulo
Rev Assoc Med Bras 53:147-51. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate if anal cytology, with a cytobrush, could be useful to screen clinic and pre-clinic lesions provoked by HPV...