Sergio Paulo Bydlowski
- Detection of Plasmodium falciparum and Plasmodium vivax subclinical infection in non-endemic region: implications for blood transfusion and malaria epidemiologyLuciana Mf Maselli
Laboratory of Genetics and Molecular Hematology LIM31, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Av, Dr, Enéas de Carvalho Aguiar, 155 1st floor room 43, Sao Paulo, SP 05403 000, Brazil
Malar J 13:224. 2014..In these report it has been described subclinical Plasmodium infection in blood donors from a blood transfusion centre in São Paulo, Brazil...
- Evaluation of distinct freezing methods and cryoprotectants for human amniotic fluid stem cells cryopreservationFelipe de Lara Janz
Laboratory of Genetics and Molecular Hematology LIM 31, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, 05403 000 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Biomed Biotechnol 2012:649353. 2012..Although tested cryoprotectants maintained undifferentiated gene expression, typical markers, and plasticity of AFSCs, only Me(2)SO and glycerol presented workable viability ratios...
- Human Paraoxonase-1 Activity Is Related to the Number of CD4+ T-Cells and Is Restored by Antiretroviral Therapy in HIV-1-Infected IndividualsLuciana Morganti Ferreira Maselli
Laboratory of Genetics and Molecular Hematology LIM31, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, 05403 000 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil Research Division, Pró Sangue Hemocentro de São Paulo Foundation, 05403 000 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Dis Markers 2014:480201. 2014..PON1 activity correlated with the number of CD4+ T-cells. The findings suggest that the activity of PON1 is associated with the immune status of HIV-1 infected individuals. ..
- Simvastatin impairs murine melanoma growthGiovani M Favero
State University of Ponta Grossa, Biological and Health Science Multidisciplinary Laboratory, Ponta Grossa, Brazil
Lipids Health Dis 9:142. 2010..The aim of this study was evaluate the anti-tumoral activity of simvastatin in a B16F10 melanoma-mouse model...
- Genetic data on 12 STRs (F13A01, F13B, FESFPS, LPL, CSF1PO, TPOX, TH01, vWA, D16S539, D7S820, D13S317, D5S818) from four ethnic groups of São Paulo, BrazilSergio Paulo Bydlowski
Research and Molecular Biology Division, Pró Sangue Hemocentro de São Paulo Foundation, Av Dr Eneas de Carvalho Aguiar, 155, 1st Floor, 05403 000 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Forensic Sci Int 135:67-71. 2003....
- Anti-angiogenic and anti-metastatic activity of synthetic phosphoethanolamineAdilson Kleber Ferreira
Biochemistry and Biophysical Laboratory, Butantan Institute, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 8:e57937. 2013..In a recent report, we showed that synthetic phosphoethanolamine (Pho-s) has a broad antitumor activity on a variety of tumor cells and showed potent inhibitor effects on tumor progress in vivo...
- Gametic phase disequilibrium between the syntenic multiallelic HTG4 and HMS3 markers widely used for parentage testing in Thoroughbred horsesFilipe Brum Machado
Departamento de Genetica, Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Avenida Bandeirantes, 3900, Monte Alegre, Ribeirao Preto, SP, CEP 14049 900, Brazil
Mol Biol Rep 39:1447-52. 2012..6274; and HTG4 K/HMS3 P, D'(-) = -0.6096). These results warn against the inadequate inclusion of genetically linked markers in the calculation of combined power of discrimination for Thoroughbred parentage validation...
- Short-term effects of 7-ketocholesterol on human adipose tissue mesenchymal stem cells in vitroDébora Levy
Laboratory of Genetics and Molecular Hematology LIM31, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Av Dr Eneas de Carvalho Aguiar, 155, 1st Floor, Room 43, 05403 000 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 446:720-5. 2014..Finally, the IC50 of 7-KC was higher in these cells than has been observed or described in other normal or cancer cell lines...
- Thalidomide treatment down-regulates SDF-1alpha and CXCR4 expression in multiple myeloma patientsAdriana Morgan Oliveira
Laboratory of Genetics and Molecular Hematology LIM 31, Medical School, Universidade de Sao Paulo, USP, 05403 000 Sao Paulo, Brazil
Leuk Res 33:970-3. 2009..Our findings indicate that thalidomide therapy induces down-regulation of CXCR4 and its ligand SDF-1alpha in multiple myeloma...