José Reinaldo Cerqueira Braz
- Does sealing endotracheal tube cuff pressure diminish the frequency of postoperative laryngotracheal complaints after nitrous oxide anesthesia?José Reinaldo Cerqueira Braz
Department of Anesthesiology of the School of Medicine, UNESP, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Anesth 16:320-5. 2004..To study endotracheal tube (ETT) cuff pressures during nitrous oxide (N2O) anesthesia when the cuffs are inflated with air to achieve sealing pressure, and to evaluate the frequency of postoperative laryngotracheal complaints...
- Endotracheal tube cuff pressure: need for precise measurementJ R Braz
Department of Anesthesiology, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 117:243-7. 1999..High compliance endotracheal tubes cuffs are used to prevent gas leak and also pulmonary aspiration in mechanically ventilated patients. However, the use of the usual cuff inflation volumes may cause tracheal damage...
- Perioperative cardiac arrest and its mortality in children. A 9-year survey in a Brazilian tertiary teaching hospitalLeandro Gobbo Braz
Department of Anaesthesiology, School of Medicine, UNESP, District of Rubião Júnior, Botucatu, Sao Paulo State, Brazil
Paediatr Anaesth 16:860-6. 2006..This survey evaluated the incidence, causes, and outcome of perioperative cardiac arrests in a pediatric surgical population in a tertiary teaching hospital between 1996 and 2004...
- The early systemic and gastrointestinal oxygenation effects of hemorrhagic shock resuscitation with hypertonic saline and hypertonic saline 6% dextran-70: a comparative study in dogsJosé Reinaldo Cerqueira Braz
Department of Anesthesiology, School of Medicine, UNESP, District of Rubião Júnior, PO Box 530, 18618 970 Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Anesth Analg 99:536-46, table of contents. 2004..HS and HSD solutions did not return regional oxygenation to control values...
- Does the choice of the halogenated anesthetic influence renal function during hemorrhagic shock and resuscitation?Alexandre Evangelista Silva
Department of Anesthesiology, Botucatu Medical School, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Brazil
Ren Fail 31:62-9. 2009..In a model of pressure-guided hemorrhagic shock in dogs, we studied the comparative effects of three halogenated anesthetics-halothane, sevoflurane, and isoflurane-at equipotent concentrations on renal responses after resuscitation...
- Effectiveness and safety of endotracheal tube cuffs filled with air versus filled with alkalinized lidocaine: a randomized clinical trialLais Helena Camacho Navarro
Faculdade de Medicina de Botucatu, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 125:322-8. 2007..High intracuff pressure in endotracheal tubes (ETs) may cause tracheal lesions. The aim of this study was to evaluate the effectiveness and safety of endotracheal tube cuffs filled with air or with alkalinized lidocaine...
- The effect of intracuff alkalinized 2% lidocaine on emergence coughing, sore throat, and hoarseness in smokersLais Helena Camacho Navarro
Faculdade de Medicina de Botucatu, Universidade Estadual Paulista UNESP, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
Rev Assoc Med Bras 58:248-53. 2012..We evaluated whether endotracheal tube (ETT) intracuff alkalinized lidocaine was superior to saline in blunting emergence coughing, postoperative sore throat, and hoarseness in smokers...
- Early hemodynamic and renal effects of hemorrhagic shock resuscitation with lactated Ringer's solution, hydroxyethyl starch, and hypertonic saline with or without 6% dextran-70Paulo Nascimento
Department of Anesthesiology, UNESP University of São Paulo State, Medical School of Botucatu, Botucatu SP, Brazil
J Surg Res 136:98-105. 2006..In a model of hemorrhagic shock, we studied the early hemodynamic and renal effects of fluid resuscitation with lactated Ringer's (LR), 6% hydroxyethyl starch (HES), and 7.5% hypertonic saline (HS) with or without 6% dextran-70 (HSD)...
- Gastric mucosal perfusion in dogs: effects of halogenated anesthetics and of hemorrhageAlexandre Evangelista Silva
Department of Anesthesiology, School of Medicine, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Botucatu, Sao Paulo State, Brazil
J Invest Surg 21:15-23. 2008..05). We conclude that halothane is superior to preserve the gastric mucosal perfusion in comparison to isoflurane and sevoflurane, in dogs submitted to pressure-guided hemorrhagic shock at equipotent doses of halogenated anesthetics...
- Preoperative warming combined with intraoperative skin-surface warming does not avoid hypothermia caused by spinal anesthesia in patients with midazolam premedicationYara Marcondes Machado Castiglia
Department of Anesthesiology, School of Medicine, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 125:144-9. 2007....
- Glibenclamide effects on renal function and histology after acute hemorrhage in rats under sevoflurane anesthesiaLuis Antonio Dos Santos Diego
Department of Anesthesiology, College of Medicine of Botucatu, UNESP Sao Paulo State University, SP, Brazil
Ren Fail 29:1039-45. 2007..This study was designed to evaluate the effects of glibenclamide, a K(+)(ATP) channel blocker, on renal function and histology in rats in a state of hemorrhagic shock under sevoflurane anesthesia...
- Dexmedetomidine and S(+)-ketamine in ischemia and reperfusion injury in the rat kidneyFabio Geraldo Curtis
Postgraduate Program in Anesthesiology, Botucatu Medical School, UNESP, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 26:202-6. 2011..To investigate blood creatinine and renal histology in rats anesthetized with S(+)-ketamine (keta) or dexmedetomidine (dex) and submitted to kidney ischemia/reperfusion injury (IRI)...
- Mortality in anesthesia: a systematic reviewLeandro Gobbo Braz
Department of Anesthesiology, Botucatu Medical School, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 64:999-1006. 2009..Most cases of anesthesia-related mortality are associated with cardiocirculatory and airway events. These data may be useful in developing strategies to prevent anesthesia-related deaths...
- Renal function and histology after acute hemorrhage in rats under dexmedetomidine actionMarco Aurelio Marangoni
Program in Anesthesiology, Medical School, UNESP, Botucatu, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 22:291-8. 2007..Previous studies have not defined the dexmedetomidine renal role in hemorrhage situations. This study evaluated the effect of dexmedetomidine on renal function and histology after acute hemorrhage in rats...
- High laryngeal mask airway pressures resulting from nitrous oxide do not increase pharyngeal mucosal injury in dogsT M Abud
Department of Anesthesiology, The School of Medicine of The University Of São Paulo UNESP, Bottucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Can J Anaesth 48:800-6. 2001..There is no clear correlation between LMA intracuff pressure and pressure on the pharynx. We have studied the effects of high LMA intracuff pressures secondary to N2O on the pharyngeal mucosa of dogs...
- Acute renal ischemia model in dogs: effects of metoprololN S Módolo
Department of Anesthesiology, Faculty of Medicine, UNESP, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ren Fail 23:1-10. 2001..To study the functional and histological alterations in dog kidneys submitted to total ischemia for thirty minutes and the possible metoprolol protective action...
- Preoperative combined with intraoperative skin-surface warming avoids hypothermia caused by general anesthesia and surgerySimone Maria D Angelo Vanni
Department of Anesthesiology, School of Medicine of the University of São Paulo State, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Anesth 15:119-25. 2003....
- Tracheobronchial consequences of the use of heat and moisture exchangers in dogsF M Barra Bisinotto
Department of Anesthesiology, College of Medicine, UNESP, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Can J Anaesth 46:897-903. 1999..To determine the effect of heat and moisture exchange (HME) on the tracheobronchial tree (TBT) using a unidirectional anesthesic circuit with or without CO2 absorber and high or low fresh gas flow (FGF), in dogs...