Alexandre Secorun Borges
- Hereditary equine regional dermal asthenia in three related Quarter horses in BrazilAlexandre S Borges
Universidade Estadual Paulista, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia, UNESP, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
Vet Dermatol 16:125-30. 2005..This is the first report of this disease in Brazil. Its clinical and histological features resemble those described in horses affected with this condition in the United States...
- Serum iron and plasma fibrinogen concentrations as indicators of systemic inflammatory diseases in horsesAlexandre S Borges
From the Department of Veterinary Clinical Science, Sao Paulo State University, UNESP, FMVZ Botucatu SP, Brazil
J Vet Intern Med 21:489-94. 2007..Detection of systemic inflammation, which is important for proper diagnosis and prompt treatment, can be challenging...
- Clinical and molecular study of a new form of hereditary myotonia in Murrah water buffaloAlexandre S Borges
Department of Veterinary Clinical Science, College of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, Univ Estadual Paulista UNESP, Botucatu, Brazil
Neuromuscul Disord 23:206-13. 2013..The predicted impact of this aberrant splicing event is the alteration of the CLCN1 translational reading frame, which results in the incorporation of 24 unrelated amino acids followed by a premature stop codon...
- A nonsense mutation in the tyrosinase gene causes albinism in water buffaloMaria Cecília Florisbal Damé
Brazilian Agricultural Research Corporation, EMBRAPA, Pelotas, Rio Grande do Sul 96 001 970, Brazil
BMC Genet 13:62. 2012..Oculocutaneous albinism was studied in a herd of Murrah buffalo to determine the clinical presentation and genetic basis of albinism in this species...
- Mycobacterium DNA detection in liver and skin of a horse with generalized sarcoidosisJosé P Oliveira-Filho
Department of Veterinary Clinical Science, College of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science of the Univ Estadual Paulista UNESP, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
J Vet Diagn Invest 24:596-600. 2012..DNA detection within hepatic and skin samples. Mycobacterium spp. may play a role in the pathogenesis of equine sarcoidosis as has been proposed for human sarcoidosis...
- Equine poisoning by coffee husk (Coffea arabica L.)Diego Jose Z Delfiol
Department of Veterinary Clinical Science, College of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science Univ Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, 18618970, Brazil
BMC Vet Res 8:4. 2012..The objective of this study was to evaluate whether coffee husk consumption causes intoxication in horses...
- Myelopathy in Holstein x Gir calves in BrazilAlexandre Secorun Borges
Universidade Estadual Paulista, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria, Departamento de Clínica Veterinária, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
J Vet Intern Med 17:730-1. 2003..The bilateral and symmetrical spinal cord white matter lesions were interpreted as a primary axonopathy that may be of the dying-back type...
- Guttural pouch diseases causing neurologic dysfunction in the horseAlexandre S Borges
Department of Veterinary Clinical Science, College of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, Sao Paulo State University, Botucatu SP, Zip Code 18618970, Brazil
Vet Clin North Am Equine Pract 27:545-72. 2011..Therefore, an accurate diagnosis is essential for treatment...
- Evaluation of a portable clinical analyzer for the determination of blood gas partial pressures, electrolyte concentrations, and hematocrit in venous blood samples collected from cattle, horses, and sheepJuliana R Peiró
Department of Clinics, Surgery, and Animal Reproduction, School of Veterinary Medicine, Universidade Estadual Paulista UNESP, Aracatuba, SP 16050 680, Brazil
Am J Vet Res 71:515-21. 2010....
- Effect of age and abomasal puncture on peritoneal fluid, hematology, and serum biochemical analyses in young calvesLuiz Claudio N Mendes
Departamento de Clinica, Cirurgia e Reproducao Animal, UNESP, Campus de Araçatuba, Brazil
J Vet Intern Med 19:899-904. 2005..Additionally, accidental abomasal puncture does not alter values of fibrinogen, total protein, and nucleated cell count in peritoneal fluid and does not cause apparent clinical abnormalities...
- Cloning, sequencing and expression analysis of the equine hepcidin gene by real-time PCRJosé P Oliveira Filho
Department of Veterinary Clinical Science, School of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, Sao Paulo State University, UNESP, FMVZ, Botucatu, SP 18618000, Brazil
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 135:34-42. 2010..This sequence will be helpful for additional studies on iron metabolism and inflammatory process in horses...
- Araçatuba virus: a vaccinialike virus associated with infection in humans and cattleGiliane de Souza Trindade
Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Emerg Infect Dis 9:155-60. 2003..Araçatuba virus is very similar to Cantagalo virus, showing the same signature deletion in the gene. Araçatuba virus could be a novel vaccinialike virus or could represent the spread of Cantagalo virus...