Marcelo T Berlim
- Notes on antipsychiatryMarcelo T Berlim
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 253:61-7. 2003..After the 1970s, the antipsychiatry movement became increasingly less influential, due in particular to the rejection of its politicized and reductionistic understanding of psychiatry...
- "Quality of life": a brand new concept for research and practice in psychiatryMarcelo T Berlim
Department of Psychiatry and Forensic Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 25:249-52. 2003....
- [Posttraumatic stress disorder and major depression]Marcelo T Berlim
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 25:51-4. 2003....
- Reliability and validity of the WHOQOL BREF in a sample of Brazilian outpatients with major depressionMarcelo T Berlim
Department of Psychiatry and Forensic Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Qual Life Res 14:561-4. 2005..In conclusion, the WHOQOL BREF seems to be a psychometrically valid and reliable instrument that it is suitable for evaluating the quality of life of Brazilian-speaking depressed outpatients...
- Psychache and suicidality in adult mood disordered outpatients in BrazilMarcelo T Berlim
Department of Psychiatry and Forensic Medicine, School of Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, and the Mood Disorders Program, Section of Psychiatry, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Suicide Life Threat Behav 33:242-8. 2003..Psychache appears to deserve its place among key suicide-related variables, and deserves the attention of clinicians working with suicidal people...
- Significant improvement in the quality of life of Brazilian depressed outpatients 12 weeks following the start of antidepressantsMarcelo T Berlim
Mood Disorders Program PROTHUM, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Psychiatry Res 153:253-9. 2007..However, our findings are preliminary and suggest that additional controlled and long-term studies are needed...
- Quality of life in unipolar and bipolar depression: are there significant differences?Marcelo T Berlim
Department of Psychiatry and Forensic Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, and the Mood Disorders Program, Hospital de Clínicas de Porto Alegre PROTHUM HCPA, Porto Alegre, Brazil
J Nerv Ment Dis 192:792-5. 2004....
- Quality of life and depressive symptoms in patients with major depression and end-stage renal disease: a matched-pair studyMarcelo T Berlim
Department of Psychiatry and Forensic Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Psychosom Res 61:731-4. 2006..To compare the quality of life (QOL) and depressive symptoms of outpatients with major depression with that of nondepressed individuals undergoing hemodialysis (matched for age, gender, and ethnicity)...
- Suicidal ideation and quality of life among adult Brazilian outpatients with depressive disordersMarcelo T Berlim
Department of Psychiatry and Forensic Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Rua Santana 312 201, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil, CEP 90040 370
J Nerv Ment Dis 191:193-7. 2003
- [Review of the guidelines of the Brazilian Medical Association for the treatment of depression (Complete version)]Marcelo P Fleck
Departamento de Psiquiatria e Medicina Legal, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, and Programa de Transtornos de Humor, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 31:S7-17. 2009..The objective of this paper is to present a review of the Guidelines Published in 2003 incorporating new evidence and recommendations...
- Does a brief training on suicide prevention among general hospital personnel impact their baseline attitudes towards suicidal behavior?Marcelo T Berlim
Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Service of Psychiatry, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Affect Disord 100:233-9. 2007..To evaluate a brief training program on suicide prevention for front-line general hospital personnel in terms of its impact on their attitudes and beliefs towards suicidality...
- Double depression in adult psychiatric outpatients in Brazil: distinct from major depression?Jill M Holm-Denoma
Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306 1270, USA
Psychiatry Res 144:191-6. 2006..These results may be important in understanding the phenomenology of DD in psychiatric outpatients by informing diagnostics, psychotherapy, and psychotherapeutic treatment of DD...
- Depression and quality of life among depressed Brazilian outpatientsMarcelo T Berlim
Psychiatr Serv 54:254. 2003
- Definition, assessment, and staging of treatment-resistant refractory major depression: a review of current concepts and methodsMarcelo T Berlim
Depressive Disorders Program, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec
Can J Psychiatry 52:46-54. 2007..Our paper aims to summarize the current medical literature on the conceptual and methodologic issues involved in the definition, assessment, and staging of TRD...
- What is the meaning of treatment resistant/refractory major depression (TRD)? A systematic review of current randomized trialsMarcelo T Berlim
6875 LaSalle Blvd, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Frank B Common Pavilion, Rm F 3125, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4H 1R3
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 17:696-707. 2007..To summarize and discuss the conceptual and operational definitions of treatment resistant/refractory depression (TRD) by systematically reviewing randomized controlled trials (RCTs) on its somatic treatment...
- Using psychostimulants for treating residual symptoms in major depressionMarcelo T Berlim
Depressive Disorders Program and McGill Group for Suicide Studies, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, McGill University, Montré, Que
J Psychiatry Neurosci 32:304. 2007
- Four studies on how past and current suicidality relate even when "everything but the kitchen sink" is covariedThomas E Joiner
Department of Psychology, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306 1270, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 114:291-303. 2005..Results provide additional support for the importance of past suicidality as a substantive risk factor for later suicidal behavior...
- Current trends in the assessment and somatic treatment of resistant/refractory major depression: an overviewMarcelo T Berlim
Depressive Disorders Program, and the McGill Group for Suicide Studies, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ann Med 40:149-59. 2008....