Marcelo T Berlim
- "Quality of life": a brand new concept for research and practice in psychiatryMarcelo T Berlim
Department of Psychiatry and Forensic Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 25:249-52. 2003....
- Notes on antipsychiatryMarcelo T Berlim
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 253:61-7. 2003..After the 1970s, the antipsychiatry movement became increasingly less influential, due in particular to the rejection of its politicized and reductionistic understanding of psychiatry...
- [Posttraumatic stress disorder and major depression]Marcelo T Berlim
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 25:51-4. 2003....
- Reliability and validity of the WHOQOL BREF in a sample of Brazilian outpatients with major depressionMarcelo T Berlim
Department of Psychiatry and Forensic Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Qual Life Res 14:561-4. 2005..In conclusion, the WHOQOL BREF seems to be a psychometrically valid and reliable instrument that it is suitable for evaluating the quality of life of Brazilian-speaking depressed outpatients...
- Psychache and suicidality in adult mood disordered outpatients in BrazilMarcelo T Berlim
Department of Psychiatry and Forensic Medicine, School of Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, and the Mood Disorders Program, Section of Psychiatry, , Porto Alegre, Brazil
Suicide Life Threat Behav 33:242-8. 2003..Psychache appears to deserve its place among key suicide-related variables, and deserves the attention of clinicians working with suicidal people...
- Significant improvement in the quality of life of Brazilian depressed outpatients 12 weeks following the start of antidepressantsMarcelo T Berlim
Mood Disorders Program PROTHUM, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Psychiatry Res 153:253-9. 2007..However, our findings are preliminary and suggest that additional controlled and long-term studies are needed...
- Quality of life in unipolar and bipolar depression: are there significant differences?Marcelo T Berlim
Department of Psychiatry and Forensic Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, and the Mood Disorders Program, , Porto Alegre, Brazil
J Nerv Ment Dis 192:792-5. 2004....
- Quality of life and depressive symptoms in patients with major depression and end-stage renal disease: a matched-pair studyMarcelo T Berlim
Department of Psychiatry and Forensic Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Psychosom Res 61:731-4. 2006..CONCLUSION: The subjective QOL of patients with major depression is significantly lower than that of subjects undergoing hemodialysis...
- Suicidal ideation and quality of life among adult Brazilian outpatients with depressive disordersMarcelo T Berlim
Department of Psychiatry and Forensic Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS, Rua Santana 312/201, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil, CEP 90040-370
J Nerv Ment Dis 191:193-7. 2003
- [Review of the guidelines of the Brazilian Medical Association for the treatment of depression (Complete version)]Marcelo P Fleck
Departamento de Psiquiatria e Medicina Legal, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, and Programa de Transtornos de Humor, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 31:S7-17. 2009..The objective of this paper is to present a review of the Guidelines Published in 2003 incorporating new evidence and recommendations...
- Does a brief training on suicide prevention among general hospital personnel impact their baseline attitudes towards suicidal behavior?Marcelo T Berlim
Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Service of Psychiatry, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Affect Disord 100:233-9. 2007..To evaluate a brief training program on suicide prevention for front-line general hospital personnel in terms of its impact on their attitudes and beliefs towards suicidality...
- Double depression in adult psychiatric outpatients in Brazil: distinct from major depression?Jill M Holm-Denoma
Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306-1270, USA
Psychiatry Res 144:191-6. 2006..These results may be important in understanding the phenomenology of DD in psychiatric outpatients by informing diagnostics, psychotherapy, and psychotherapeutic treatment of DD...
- Depression and quality of life among depressed Brazilian outpatientsMarcelo T Berlim
Psychiatr Serv 54:254. 2003
- Definition, assessment, and staging of treatment-resistant refractory major depression: a review of current concepts and methodsMarcelo T Berlim
Depressive Disorders Program, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec
Can J Psychiatry 52:46-54. 2007..Our paper aims to summarize the current medical literature on the conceptual and methodologic issues involved in the definition, assessment, and staging of TRD...
- What is the meaning of treatment resistant/refractory major depression (TRD)? A systematic review of current randomized trialsMarcelo T Berlim
6875 LaSalle Blvd, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Frank B Common Pavilion, Rm F 3125, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4H 1R3
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 17:696-707. 2007..To summarize and discuss the conceptual and operational definitions of treatment resistant/refractory depression (TRD) by systematically reviewing randomized controlled trials (RCTs) on its somatic treatment...
- Using psychostimulants for treating residual symptoms in major depressionMarcelo T Berlim
Depressive Disorders Program and McGill Group for Suicide Studies, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, McGill University, Montr, Que
J Psychiatry Neurosci 32:304. 2007
- Four studies on how past and current suicidality relate even when "everything but the kitchen sink" is covariedThomas E Joiner
Department of Psychology, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306 1270, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 114:291-303. 2005..Results provide additional support for the importance of past suicidality as a substantive risk factor for later suicidal behavior...
- Current trends in the assessment and somatic treatment of resistant/refractory major depression: an overviewMarcelo T Berlim
Depressive Disorders Program, and the McGill Group for Suicide Studies, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ann Med 40:149-59. 2008....