F B Benatti
- The effects of exercise on lipid profile in systemic lupus erythematosus and healthy individuals: a randomized trialFabiana Braga Benatti
Rheumatology Department, School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Av Dr Arnaldo, 455, 3 andar, Sao Paulo, SP, 01246 903, Brazil
Rheumatol Int 35:61-9. 2015..These results reinforce the need for further studies to define the optimal training protocol to improve lipid profile and particularly the HDL composition in these patients (registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT01515163). ..
- Strategies for reducing body fat mass: effects of liposuction and exercise on cardiovascular risk factors and adiposityFabiana Braga Benatti
School of Physical Education and Sport, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes 4:141-54. 2011..Consequently, one could suggest that liposuction and exercise appear to be safe and effective strategies for either the treatment of metabolic disorders or aesthetic purposes...
- Liposuction induces a compensatory increase of visceral fat which is effectively counteracted by physical activity: a randomized trialFabiana Benatti
School of Physical Education and Sport, University of Sao Paulo, 05025 010 Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:2388-95. 2012..Liposuction is suggested to result in long-term body fat regain that could lead to increased cardiometabolic risk. We hypothesized that physical activity could prevent this effect...
- Swimming training down-regulates plasma leptin levels, but not adipose tissue ob mRNA expressionF B Benatti
Departamento de Biodinâmica, Escola de Educacao Fisica e Esporte, Universidade de Sao Paulo
Braz J Med Biol Res 41:866-71. 2008..05) lower in exercised rats. In conclusion, nine weeks of swimming training did not affect leptin gene expression, but did lead to a decrease in leptin levels that was independent of changes in body fat...
- Exercise training attenuates lipectomy-induced impaired glucose tolerance in ratsD F Coelho
Escola de Educacao Fisica e Esporte, Universidade de Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Endocr Regul 43:107-16. 2009..Thus, it was aimed to investigate whether or not VAT removal and exercise affect IS...