E G Vilela
Affiliation: Belo Horizonte
- Evaluation of inflammatory activity in Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitisEduardo Garcia Vilela
Internal Medicine Department, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Minas Gerais 30130 100, Brazil
World J Gastroenterol 18:872-81. 2012..Until now, the available data concerning the accuracy of magnetic resonance enterography in detecting disease activity is less than CTE. Due to this, clinical activity indices are still commonly used for both diseases...
- Intestinal permeability and antigliadin antibody test for monitoring adult patients with celiac diseaseEduardo Garcia Vilela
Instituto Alfa de Gastroenterologia do Hospital das Clínicas da Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Dig Dis Sci 52:1304-9. 2007..It is concluded that intestinal permeability allows a more precise clinical physiopathologic correlation than antigliadin and offers more information for the monitoring of these patients...
- Influence of Saccharomyces boulardii on the intestinal permeability of patients with Crohn's disease in remissionEduardo Garcia Vilela
Alfa Institute of Gastroenterology Clinic Hospital of the Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Scand J Gastroenterol 43:842-8. 2008..The administration of probiotics has been suggested to improve the barrier function of the mucosa. The objective of this study was to evaluate the influence of Saccharomyces boulardii on the intestinal permeability in CD...
- Strongyloides stercoralis hyperinfection syndrome after liver transplantation: case report and literature reviewE G Vilela
Transplant Unit, Alfa Institute of Gastroenterology, Clinic Hospital, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Transpl Infect Dis 11:132-6. 2009..In this specific circumstance, it can become a fatal illness. We describe a case of hyperinfection syndrome in a liver transplant recipient and also review the literature...
- Gut permeability to lactulose and mannitol differs in treated Crohn's disease and celiac disease patients and healthy subjectsE G Vilela
Instituto Alfa de Gastroenterologia, Hospital das Clinicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 41:1105-9. 2008..In spite of treatment, differences in sugar permeability were observed in both disease groups. These differences in the behavior of the sugar probes probably reflect different mechanisms for the alterations of intestinal permeability...
- Efficacy of glutamine-supplemented parenteral nutrition on short-term survival following allo-SCT: a randomized studyH O da Gama Torres
Nutritional Support Committee, Hospital das Clinicas, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Bone Marrow Transplant 41:1021-7. 2008..Benefits of glutamine seem to be independent of mucosal protection, as IP was not affected by its use. A trend to a lower incidence of GVHD deaths may suggest an immunomodulatory role of glutamine...