Genomes and Genes
Helton C Santiago
Affiliation: Belo Horizonte
- Mice deficient in LRG-47 display enhanced susceptibility to Trypanosoma cruzi infection associated with defective hemopoiesis and intracellular control of parasite growthHelton C Santiago
Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 175:8165-72. 2005..Together, these data establish that LRG-47 can influence pathogen control by simultaneously regulating macrophage-microbicidal activity and hemopoietic function...
- The IFN-inducible GTPase LRG47 (Irgm1) negatively regulates TLR4-triggered proinflammatory cytokine production and prevents endotoxemiaAndre Bafica
Immunobiology Section, Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 179:5514-22. 2007..Thus, our findings reveal a new host-protective function for this GTPase in the response to pathogenic encounter...
- IL-10 limits parasite burden and protects against fatal myocarditis in a mouse model of Trypanosoma cruzi infectionEster Roffe
Molecular Signaling Section, Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 188:649-60. 2012..Adoptive transfer experiments indicated that T cells were a source of protective IL-10. Thus, in this system, IL-10 production by T cells promotes T. cruzi control and protection from fatal acute myocarditis...
- Platelet activating factor receptor-deficient mice present delayed interferon-gamma upregulation and high susceptibility to Leishmania amazonensis infectionHelton C Santiago
, , Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, CP 486, Av. Antonio Carlos 6627, Pampulha, CEP 30161-970 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Microbes Infect 8:2569-77. 2006..amazonensis by PAFR(-/-) mice. We conclude that signaling through the PAFR is essential for the ability of the murine host to control L. amazonensis infection by driving an adequate immune response...
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 involvement in the alpha-tocopherol-induced reduction of atherosclerotic lesions in apolipoprotein E knockout miceMaria C G Peluzio
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, ICB, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Caixa Postal 486, 30 161 970, Belo Horizonte MG, Brazil
Br J Nutr 90:3-11. 2003....
- Infection with Toxoplasma gondii increases atherosclerotic lesion in ApoE-deficient miceLuciane R Portugal
Department of Biochemistry and Immunology, Institute of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Infect Immun 72:3571-6. 2004..gondii-infected animals. These results suggest that infection with T. gondii accelerates atherosclerotic development by stimulating the proinflammatory response and oxidative stress, thereby increasing the area of aortic lesion...
- A DNA vaccine encoding CCL4/MIP-1beta enhances myocarditis in experimental Trypanosoma cruzi infection in ratsEster Roffe
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Avenida Antonio Carlos 6627, Pampulha, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais 31270 901, Brazil
Microbes Infect 8:2745-55. 2006..Our data suggest that CCL4/MIP-1beta plays a role in preventing excessive inflammation and pathology rather than in controlling parasite replication...
- Influence of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor on lipid composition, inflammation and parasitism during Toxoplasma gondii infectionLuciane R Portugal
Department of Biochemistry and Immunology, Institute of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Minas Gerais, 31270 901 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Microbes Infect 10:276-84. 2008..gondii parasites are able to acquire cholesterol-rich lipoproteins through an alternative host receptor, and overcome LDLr deficiency, favoring host parasitism and impairing lipid loading of foam cells...