Roberta Maia de Castro Romanelli
Affiliation: Belo Horizonte
- Prognostic markers of symptomatic congenital cytomegalovirus infectionRoberta Maia de Castro Romanelli
Clinical Hospital, Federal Univerisity of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 12:38-43. 2008..Prenatal diagnosis, identification and follow up of congenital CMV infected infants are important to consider treatment for symptomatic infants, trying to avoid or reducing some possible sequels...
- Outbreak of resistant Acinetobacter baumannii- measures and proposal for prevention and controlRoberta Maia de Castro Romanelli
Comissão de Controle de Infecção Hospitalar, Hospital das Clinicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 13:341-7. 2009..Carbapenem and third-generation cephalosporin use displayed a tendency to be risk factors. Risk factors must be focused on infection control and prevention measures considering A. baumanni dissemination...
- [Notification of healthcare associated infections based on international criteria performed in a reference neonatal progressive care unity in Belo Horizonte, MG]Roberta Maia de Castro Romanelli
Departamento de Pediatria, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais UFMG, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Rev Bras Epidemiol 16:77-86. 2013..To describe occurrence of Healthcare Related Infections in a neonatal unit of public reference service in Belo Horizonte-MG, based on international criteria...
- Incidence of infectious complications associated with central venous catheters in pediatric populationViviane Rosado
Infection Control Committee of Clinics Hospital, Federal University of Minas, Gerais UFMG, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Am J Infect Control 41:e81-4. 2013..Central venous catheters (CVC) are essential in intensive pediatric care units (PICU). Preventive measures during insertion and maintenance reduce infection risks...
- Antimicrobials and renal failure in neutropenic patientsMonique Sedlmaier França
Medical School, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais UFMG, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 17:487-90. 2013..Time required for renal injury was independent of the antimicrobial regimen used, but mortality among patients with renal injury was higher when compared to those who had preserved renal function. ..
- Risk factors for laboratory-confirmed bloodstream infection in neonates undergoing surgical proceduresRoberta Maia de Castro Romanelli
Department of Pediatrics, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais UFMG, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil Neonatal Unit for Progressive Care, Hospital das Clinicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais UFMG, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil Hospital Infection Control Committee, Hospital das Clinicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais UFMG, Brazil Electronic address
Braz J Infect Dis 18:400-5. 2014..Healthcare Associated Infections constitute an important problem in Neonatal Units and invasive devices are frequently involved. However, studies on risk factors of newborns who undergo surgical procedures are scarce...
- Neutropenic patients and their infectious complications at a University HospitalStella Sala Soares Lima
Hospital das Clinicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais HCUFMG, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Rev Bras Hematol Hemoter 35:18-22. 2013..The aim of this study was to analyze the characteristics and infectious complications of neutropenic patients in a referral hospital...
- Determinants and trends in perinatal human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) transmission in the metropolitan area of Belo Horizonte, Brazil: 1998 - 2005Fabiana Maria Kakehasi
Grupo de Aids Materno Infantil, Departamento de Parasitologia, Instituto de Ciências Biológicas Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 103:351-7. 2008..The results from this study confirm the impact of ART in the reduction of HIV-1 vertical transmission and indicate the need for improvement in the care and monitoring of mother and infant pairs affected by HIV-1...