Fernando A Proietti
Affiliation: Belo Horizonte
- Human T-lymphotropic virus type 1 and type 2 seroprevalence, incidence, and residual transfusion risk among blood donors in Brazil during 2007-2009Anna Bárbara F Carneiro-Proietti
Hemominas Foundation, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 28:1265-72. 2012..Blood center data may contribute to surveillance for HTLV infection...
- Demographic profile of blood donors at three major Brazilian blood centers: results from the International REDS-II study, 2007 to 2008Anna Bárbara Carneiro-Proietti
Hemominas Foundation, Rua Grão Pará, 882 Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil 30150 241
Transfusion 50:918-25. 2010..Donor demographic data from three major blood centers establish current donation profiles in Brazil, serving as baseline for future analyses and tracking longitudinal changes in donor characteristics...
- HTLV in the Americas: challenges and perspectivesAnna Bárbara F Carneiro-Proietti
Fundação Hemominas, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Rev Panam Salud Publica 19:44-53. 2006..For this reason, public health interventions aimed at counseling and educating high-risk individuals and populations are of vital importance. In the Americas this is especially important in the areas of high prevalence...
- Higher rate of major depression among blood donor candidates infected with human t-cell lymphotropic virus type 1Barbara P Stumpf
Institute of Social Security of the Civil Servants of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Int J Psychiatry Med 38:345-55. 2008..Viral infections have been previously associated with psychiatric disorders. This work aimed to study the relationship between the human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 (HTLV-1) and depression...
- Motivation and social capital among prospective blood donors in three large blood centers in BrazilThelma T Goncalez
Department of Epidemiology, Blood Systems Research Institute, San Francisco, California 94118, USA
Transfusion 53:1291-301. 2013..Our study examines the association between motivation factors (altruism, self-interest, and response to direct appeal) and social capital (cognitive and structural) across three large blood centers in Brazil...
- Immunologic markers, uveitis, and keratoconjunctivitis sicca associated with human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1Sônia Regina A A Pinheiro
Hemominas Foundation, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Am J Ophthalmol 142:811-15. 2006..To verify the occurrence of keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS) and human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 (HTLV-1) associated uveitis (HAU) and to evaluate the immunologic status related to HTLV-1...
- Global epidemiology of HTLV-I infection and associated diseasesFernando A Proietti
Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Avenida Alfredo Balena, 190, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais 30 130 100, Brazil
Oncogene 24:6058-68. 2005..For this reason, public health interventions aimed at counseling and educating high-risk individuals and populations are of paramount importance...
- Blood donor deferral in Minas Gerais State, Brazil: blood centers as sentinels of urban population healthCláudia Di Lorenzo Oliveira
From the Hemominas Foundation, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Transfusion 49:851-7. 2009..Shortage of safe blood donors is frequent and it is important to understand the causes of deferral of potential donors, who reside mainly in urban areas, to improve recruitment campaigns aiming at the quality/availability of donors...
- The influence of socioeconomic status on the predictive power of self-rated health for 6-year mortality in English and Brazilian older adults: the ELSA and Bambui cohort studiesM Fernanda Lima-Costa
Centro de Pesquisas Rene Rachou, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Ann Epidemiol 22:644-8. 2012..We sought to compare the predictive value of SRH for 6-year mortality in English and Brazilian older adults, and to assess whether this association varies by SES in these populations...
- Blocking vertical transmission of human T cell lymphotropic virus type 1 and 2 through breastfeeding interruptionMaísa A Ribeiro
Fundação Hemominas, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Pediatr Infect Dis J 31:1139-43. 2012..This study aimed to detect HTLV-seropositive mothers through testing of neonates, to evaluate maternal HTLV proviral load and to measure the rates of transmission blocking when interruption of breastfeeding was implemented...
- Self-rated health compared with objectively measured health status as a tool for mortality risk screening in older adults: 10-year follow-up of the Bambuí Cohort Study of AgingMaria Fernanda Lima-Costa
Instituto de Pesquisas René Rachou, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Am J Epidemiol 175:228-35. 2012..These results suggest that older adults who report poor health warrant particular attention as persons who have accumulated biologic markers of disease...
- Evaluation of implementation of humanized care to low weight newborns - the Kangaroo MethodTarcísio L Gontijo
Programa de Pós Graduação em Ciências da Saúde Saúde da Criança e do Adolescente, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais UFMG, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
J Pediatr (Rio J) 86:33-9. 2010..To evaluate the implementation of the kangaroo mother method in hospitals trained by the Brazilian Ministry of Health...